Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

True for the time being; however, with lots of new tonnage coming on line and no eager buyers for the fantasy class ships, they'll need a bigger base of repeat cruisers in the future.

NCL has already fallen in to this trap, having done little to secure repeat business, their prices are plummeting as their new ships come on line.

On the other hand RCCL really upped their game on this front before adding ships and cabins on existing ships and their recent pricing indicates it's paid off for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, CCL won't. Repeat customers don't grow the business or pay for new ships. Even with 100% retention.

Carnival has some extensive upgrades for Fantasy class and allows them to service ports too small for humongous ships. I don't think Fantasy class is going away anytime soon.

And looking at stock prices, Carnival looks healthier. (just sayin')

CCL

52 week range - 40.52 - 55.77

NCL

34.16 - 64.27

RCL

64.21 - 103.40

Milestone was never the old diamond classification. The milestone program is an entirely different thing milestones being cruises 25, 50, 75, 100. When they changed up the loyalty program they added diamond as an all new tier.

I apologize if I misinformed anyone . . . I thought when they brought in the Diamond classification it replaced the "old" Milestone category. I should do some checking now, I may be Milestone and not even know it.:rolleyes: Do they still take 25% off your 25th . . . . 50% off your 50th, etc. ? :confused:

That's interesting, I thought Milestone went away with the old program. I'm at 22 cruises (Platinum) with CCL, but not even 100 nights yet. So at 25 I'll start getting white cards but still be Platinum?

No. If you are platinum when you reach your first milestone of 25 you will receive a white card for cruise # 25 and then return to platinum. Your milestone card will say Milestone 25 on it.

I apologize if I misinformed anyone . . . I thought when they brought in the Diamond classification it replaced the "old" Milestone category. I should do some checking now, I may be Milestone and not even know it.:rolleyes: Do they still take 25% off your 25th . . . . 50% off your 50th, etc. ? :confused:

Yes. You still receive the % of your number milestone as OBC for whatever your cruise cost. Bill and I both reached our milestone 25 when we were platinum and received our 25% OBC. Both of us reached diamond a few cruises after our respective milestone cruises.

And they took away their white Milestone cards and gave them a silver one :eek:. Hello Lizz nice to see a familiar name on here. ;)

Hi. Nice seeing you. I'm usually at fb but do on occasion check out the cruise critic forum. This thread just happened to catch my eye. :cool:

No, CCL won't. Repeat customers don't grow the business or pay for new ships. Even with 100% retention.

Carnival has some extensive upgrades for Fantasy class and allows them to service ports too small for humongous ships. I don't think Fantasy class is going away anytime soon.

And looking at stock prices, Carnival looks healthier. (just sayin')

CCL

52 week range - 40.52 - 55.77

NCL

34.16 - 64.27

RCL

64.21 - 103.40

Geese, when did RCCL get up to 103? Must have been before the Empress and Harmony debacles.

Geese, when did RCCL get up to 103? Must have been before the Empress and Harmony debacles.

And pardon my ignorance, but are the stock prices brand specific or do they reflect the performance of all brands under the parent umbrella?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. You still receive the % of your number milestone as OBC for whatever your cruise cost. Bill and I both reached our milestone 25 when we were platinum and received our 25% OBC. Both of us reached diamond a few cruises after our respective milestone cruises.

Thanks, Irish .. . . Have many cruises before they started keeping tract and no way to prove them so will just have to wait I guess until they recognize me !

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Irish .. . . Have many cruises before they started keeping tract and no way to prove them so will just have to wait I guess until they recognize me !

Do you have any of your embarkation pictures?? A friend of mine had three cruises that weren't credited and found those, they had the ship and date. It was corrected . Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by volmoma

I got so excited when I saw in your signature the Pacquet Line Cruise - the Rhapsody!! So funny, I was a purser onboard after working a couple of years on Carnival in the gift shops.

That ship was haunted I'm telling you. I worked from the inaugural cruise to the last cruise when we went aground in Grand Cayman. From losing power several times, to canceling a cruise that the big wigs refused to announce until all the passengers had boarded even though they knew from the moment we arrived in port that we would not be sailing out again until the next week (those boilers again). Being a purser at the front desk (what they now call Guest Services) that day was down right dangerous!! I couldn't imagine boarding the ship so excited and having someone announce - "Due to mechanical difficulties, the ship will not be sailing today."

Anyway, didn't mean to steal the thread, but you're the first person I've seen with Pacquet in their signature. Care to reveal what happened on your trip?? I remember one time having to stop embarkation in one of the California ports after coming through the Panama Canal because Customs found drugs in the engine room. Hundreds of people stuck in basically a warehouse until they freed the ship.

Like I said - the ship was cursed!!

Do you have any of your embarkation pictures?? A friend of mine had three cruises that weren't credited and found those, they had the ship and date. It was corrected . Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were almost platinum but found two cruises we were not credited with.

Esctasy sent picture of me and pirate and was accepted. One of the rare ship pictures we have ever purchased.

Sensation picture of DW and ship name and first time they rejected it but second time accepted it. Go figure

It has been almost two years since Arnold Donald mentioned about changes to the loyalty program that were coming down the pike, and that pike must be pretty long....recently John Heald also mentioned this and I hope we don't have to wait two more years...hopefully it will be just around the corner?????/

It has been almost two years since Arnold Donald mentioned about changes to the loyalty program that were coming down the pike, and that pike must be pretty long....recently John Heald also mentioned this and I hope we don't have to wait two more years...hopefully it will be just around the corner?????/

Be careful what you wish for last one basically just took stuff away from us

That's exactly the cruise we were on. LOL Our first cruise. Arrived at the port in San Pedro with police tape, squad cars and helicopters all over the place. Wouldn't let anyone on or off the ship. Finally, allowed the waiters to bring off the ship some finger sandwiches and kool aid to the commercial sheds they put us in to get us out of the sun. They arrested most of the band and then we boarded, but didn't have much of a band for the 3 days to Vancouver. ROFLMAO.

The ship broke down the first day at sea. We were dead in the water for a few hours. Paquet didn't pay in advance for the reservations for our buses to go to Vancouver Island so this very ride was delayed for hours prevented some couples who took this cruise specifically for the Buschart Gardens to be disappointed. I know all this because we were befriended by an employee of Paquet hired specifically to "smooth over" any passenger problems with this cruise. (I'm told it was her last).

However, I must say, this ship had some of the best cruise dining I've ever experienced. Simply superb in every way. Especially the deserts. :-)

I just heard they are doing away with gold and making an onyx level in its place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Wouldn't put it past them to do something like that!:D I do not cruise for the perks, but being appreciated as a dedicated customer would be nice. We have cruise #21 coming up, which will give us 148 cruise days- still far away from the highest tier on CCL. However, on NCL, after 5 cruises we have 56 points, and are already at their Gold level - their 3rd highest tier out of 4. We only need 20 more points for their Platinum level, which would be in 3 more cruises. We will need 8 MORE cruises just to make Diamond on Carnival. I have said it before - there is too big a point spread between Platinum and Diamond on CCL. Making Diamond 175 days would be more in line.

Wouldn't put it past them to do something like that!:D I do not cruise for the perks, but being appreciated as a dedicated customer would be nice. We have cruise #21 coming up, which will give us 148 cruise days- still far away from the highest tier on CCL. However, on NCL, after 5 cruises we have 56 points, and are already at their Gold level - their 3rd highest tier out of 4. We only need 20 more points for their Platinum level, which would be in 3 more cruises. We will need 8 MORE cruises just to make Diamond on Carnival. I have said it before - there is too big a point spread between Platinum and Diamond on CCL. Making Diamond 175 days would be more in line.

I am in the same position with you in regards to NCL and we have 158 days on CCL. Personally, I think Diamond should be 150 days, twice that of Platinum.

I do enjoy that ncl will double your points for certain reasons.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app