Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

John mentioned several options a few days ago. I am holding my breathe because I want to see how bad I get screwed. I am 10 days from platinum and my my cruise set for November. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What options did he dish out this time :D

Okay, so....almost a year since these rumors of changes started and we're no closer, though some of us have added sea days.

We can speculate till the cows come home but we're not sitting in on any meetings and this may well be a toss out ideas type of on-going discussion, that every few months someone in Corporate jingles up JH for a little feedback from the hoi-polloi.

Like everyone else here, I have no idea what changes of any they will make. Reciprocal benefits to get someone to try a Princess, HAL, or Cunard. Especially the last two since they currently attract an older demographic which in the next 10?15 years will get much smaller. They'll need to fill those cabins so reciprocal benefits could get a Carnival-loyalist (where the demographic is younger) to try another sister line.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Okay, so....almost a year since these rumors of changes started and we're no closer, though some of us have added sea days.

We can speculate till the cows come home but we're not sitting in on any meetings and this may well be a toss out ideas type of on-going discussion, that every few months someone in Corporate jingles up JH for a little feedback from the hoi-polloi.

I'm betting on the cows :D

Here's the way I look at it:

Some day I want to have whatever perks there for being Diamond

I can only get to Diamond by sailing.

I only have so many sailing dollars to spend every year.

Currently, if I spend some of my sailing dollars trying another line, that's sailing dollars and days not spent on Carnival so that means it will take that much longer to get to Diamond on Carnival. And I have to face the fact that I got a late start and may not have as many sailing days left in me. Of course, that's my bad - I should have started sooner - I just didn't know. In spite of living within a 4 hour or less drive from 5 major cruise ports. But nothing I can do about that now so I try to maximize my cruising potential.

If my days at sea would accrue while on other lines then I can comfortably try them out without losing any ground on my diamond-trek. I'd be much more inclined to try the other lines in the family if I knew it would do me some good. (other than the automatic good of being on a cruise ship).

OK you have your choice of two cruise lines going to same place. Never been on either. Price and itinerary about the same.

One gives you the perks you have earned on a sister line the other treats you as a rookie cruiser.

In that case it is easy to see that perks give one line the edge.

Show me one instance, in writing, where that has happened. Just one. Exactly the same (ship size, price, cabin location and size, itinerary).

Like everyone else here, I have no idea what changes of any they will make. Reciprocal benefits to get someone to try a Princess, HAL, or Cunard. Especially the last two since they currently attract an older demographic which in the next 10?15 years will get much smaller.

Why, are there a of ninety somethings suddenly deciding that they don't want to cruise any more?

OK you have your choice of two cruise lines going to same place. Never been on either. Price and itinerary about the same.

One gives you the perks you have earned on a sister line the other treats you as a rookie cruiser.

In that case it is easy to see that perks give one line the edge.

Show me one instance' date=' in writing, where that has happened. Just one. Exactly the same (ship size, price, cabin location and size, itinerary).

You changed the terms to favor your point of view. Big difference between "about the same" and "exactly the same"

The original post just said price and itinerary. You added, again for the sole purpose of favoring your point of view, ship size, cabin location, and size.

You are trying to compare apples & apples. The original post allowed more flexibility. The point was well make. Given six of one kind and half a dozen of another, the one offering better perks has an edge.

You changed the terms to favor your point of view. Big difference between "about the same" and "exactly the same"

The original post just said price and itinerary. You added, again for the sole purpose of favoring your point of view, ship size, cabin location, and size.

You are trying to compare apples & apples. The original post allowed more flexibility. The point was well make. Given six of one kind and half a dozen of another, the one offering better perks has an edge.

When it comes to my wallet, "about the same doesn't cut the mustard". Not even close. Your :about the same" could be a hundred dollar difference, mine could be a ten dollar difference. And you're right, ship and cabin size and location make a huge difference. Otherwise, you would try to quote an RCCL cruise on the Majesty in an inside cabin to be cheaper than a balcony cabin on a Conquest class Carnival ship or compare a 5 night cruise to a 7 night cruise just because of perks. If you want to play the "what if" game you've got to play it correctly.

But if you want to play the "what if" game, I've give you $25 leeway. Comparable size ships and cabins and itineraries.

Of course, to me, the perks don't matter. I sail for the ship, cabin, and itinerary. Perks don't mean a thing to me which is why I cruise around. 5 different lines and don't have perks worth a hoot on any of them. But I've still loved all of my cruises (okay, only liked the NCL ones) even without the perks.

Carnival Corporation would most likely have had more of my money if they let their perks spread across all their lines.

I'm sailing RCCL in May. That happened because I wanted to do a British Isles cruise. Princess also offers a British Isles cruise. The itineraries were almost the same, Princess had a couple more port stops, but RCCL had more overnight stays. The prices were about the same, Princess slightly more. I went with RCCL because I liked the overnight stays. BUT, if I could have received more Carnival perks I probably would have went with Princess.

Sep 8 Celebrity Solstice, 7 night Alaska out of Seattle - cheapest balcony $1259

Sep 9 Princess - Ruby Princess - cheapest balcony $1549

Sep 10 Holland America - Oosterdam - cheapest balcony $1249

Sep 10 Princess - Emerald Princess - cheapest balcony$1299

In this situation, if perks carried over from CCL to HAL or Princess, I wouldn't even consider the option on Celebrity Solstice. However, the fact that I currently have no perks on all 3 of these lines most definitely brings the Solstice into play.

FYI - these prices are not exactly the same, but they are similar, with the exception of the Ruby Princess.

Just got off the constipation was talking to a guy who knows the cousin of one of the beards and during a conversation he over heard on Carnival airlines they are dropping all status but diamond and platinum they are also adding black diamond Can't wait

Carnival Corporation would most likely have had more of my money if they let their perks spread across all their lines.

I'm sailing RCCL in May. That happened because I wanted to do a British Isles cruise. Princess also offers a British Isles cruise. The itineraries were almost the same, Princess had a couple more port stops, but RCCL had more overnight stays. The prices were about the same, Princess slightly more. I went with RCCL because I liked the overnight stays. BUT, if I could have received more Carnival perks I probably would have went with Princess.

Definitely agreed! I think the same goes for the Carnival WMC. We would not only try a few other lines, but I use my CWMC for EVERYTHING. Not being able to get double points for a cruise on a line they own is a deal breaker for me when I can pay w/ a Carnival cruise and get dbl pts.