NOLA and Galveston to run a 6 week trial with no staggered check in?

Thorncroft

This would surprise me since people seem mostly positive about it. I have an early time in Galveston, so I hope they don't.

I don't know. I heard this from someone just back from Dream and they said that checkin was a total cluster in NOLA. Diamond and Plat meant nothing, they said.

I don't know. I heard this from someone just back from Dream and they said that checkin was a total cluster in NOLA. Diamond and Plat meant nothing, they said.

I didn't experience a cluster and thought it worked well. This was back the end of January and I can only imagine that it's only gotten better not worse. I can imagine the problem are those that think their check-in time means nothing and tries to show up early (not talking about priority or FTTF as they can arrive whenever they want.)

I didn't experience a cluster and thought it worked well. This was back the end of January and I can only imagine that it's only gotten better not worse. I can imagine the problem are those that think their check-in time means nothing and tries to show up early (not talking about priority or FTTF as they can arrive whenever they want.)

Same here. Embarkation for our Dream cruise on Jan 31 was extremely smooth. Arrived at terminal a little after 11, was in Pasta Bella eating lunch by noon. Love my FTTF....

Same here. Embarkation for our Dream cruise on Jan 31 was extremely smooth. Arrived at terminal a little after 11, was in Pasta Bella eating lunch by noon. Love my FTTF....

Us too (Pasta Bella-the most hidden, but excellent gem on the ship!)

My experience with staggered check-in in New Orleans was great. I would say I had a 5-10min wait in the security line. After that I was on the ship within 5mins. The other two times that process took 45-60mins.

Edited by Saint Greg

Check-in for our most recent cruise from Galveston was a Breeze (pun intended) with the staggered schedule. Instead of hanging around in a crowd pushing and shoving trying to get in the terminal, our documents were checked and once it was confirmed that we were within our window, in the terminal we went.

This was our first experience with the staggered process, and as a group we were very pleased with the way it went.

It doesn't seem to me like it has been in place long enough to test how it would be without it. Besides that, shouldn't they already know what it is like without the process?

Edited by Rod in Az

From Plats and Diamonds. 'Nuff said.

Of course. I've NEVER gotten any wrong data from Plats and Diamonds :-) Why would Carnival test something they have already been doing previously? They should have years of data on how boarding without staggered check-in works...

Edited by Raxter54

Of course. I've NEVER gotten any wrong data from Plats and Diamonds :-) Why would Carnival test something they have already been doing previously? They should have years of data on how boarding without staggered check-in works...

You beat me to it:) It doesn't make sense to go to a "trial" for what it was like before.

Anyone else hearing this?

Considering they announced yesterday that Charleston starts staggered check-in on July 9th and Baltimore on July 10th; I doubt seriously they would stop it in current places.

I found my information directly on the Carnival website and John Heald's page.

Where did you "hear" this?

From Plats and Diamonds. 'Nuff said.

Happy that your post is pointed at two sets of passengers who's boarding times and processes didn't change?

Are you even remotely aware that both groups you mention can board anytime after wedding parties?

In the words of Sgt.Hulka, "lighten up Francis."

Edited by BallFour4

Happy that your post is pointed at two sets of passengers who's boarding times and processes didn't change?

Are you even remotely aware that both groups you mention can board anytime after wedding parties?

In the words of Sgt.Hulka, "lighten up Francis."

I was simply answering the question posed by several others who missed the OP mentioning from whom this was heard. Untwist your own panties and pay attention.

......and you heard this where?

Are we the counterpoint police today? LOL :p

From a Diamond who just got back from the Dream 2 weeks ago. They said it was a nightmare just getting into the terminal, and they were one of the first to get there. Diamond priority went out the window in all the pushing and shoving cattle call chaos. It sounded like the terminal staff lost control of the situation and just gave up.

I think I know why Plats and Diamonds said this. NOLA has started having the Plats and Diamonds walk down to the general check in area.......then try to get to the appropriate check in person--then walk back to the lounge area......it is different and not as easy as it was before. I think otherwise they should be happy with the staggered check in because they can enter whenever.

From a Diamond who just got back from the Dream 2 weeks ago. They said it was a nightmare just getting into the terminal, and they were one of the first to get there. Diamond priority went out the window in all the pushing and shoving cattle call chaos. It sounded like the terminal staff lost control of the situation and just gave up.

Not today, I have Tuesday and Thursdays on counter point. It was just a question as it goes against the grain of everything else that has been done.

It sounds much more like a personnel problem in NO. In our exp, they have always treated Plat and Diamond with the respect and recognition they have earned (as well as weddings and FTTF). As I think about it, when we visited the Sunshine when she came over to NO, I don't remember a separate area for Priority.... but to be honest I was not focused on it at the time. There may have been one as you headed to the ship that I don't remember. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

So one Diamond told you they had a bad experience and also told you they are going to do a test run on something they did for years? Hmmm ok.

As for Nola, I've cruised from there a dozen times including two staggered check-ins. Always a very smooth process from driving up to stepping foot on the ship.

Why would they need to run a trial? Both of these ports have done no staggered check-ins for years prior to Carnival adopting this new format.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was wondering the same thing....