Can't bring soda on board anymore

lixogab

exactly. Plus a coke in the Caribbean is like the best....sooooo cane sugary

Cokes from Mexico are still made with sugar rather than corn syrup and they are indeed better.

Don't forget why they came out with Coke Classic back in the 80's.

Yes but if it is truly for that purpose, think of this:

Would a coffee drinker not drink their morning cup of coffee if it was not Maxwell House.

Or Chock Full O' Nuts

Or Folgers

etc.

See how ridiculous that sounds.

Yup.

Although.... my Dad always said he joined the Navy because he heard that they had better coffee..........

one must realize this? really? why?

A few years back I posted some issues I was having on cruise critic from onboard an NCL cruise whilst in the Owners suite. The morning after I returned from the cruise NCL called my home. They were able to find my real name and phone number to contact me. This is how I know they are on these boards so I am not "paranoid" as someone had put in their post.

I'm not belittling them. Their favorite pop is no concern to me.

I am aghast that pop has such control over someone's life.

The idea that pop is a deal-breaker for a cruise is just scary.

Plus, we are trying to get this stupid thread to 4000 posts so really...any post helps the cause.

One man's pop is another man's beer.

Called NCL to move around some of my dining reservations. I told the lady she could at least be lucky I wasn't calling complaining about not bringing drinks onboard. She had quite the laugh and commented they have had a fair amount of calls.

I told her they were lucky in that I drink Mtn Dew. LOL:D

A few years back I posted some issues I was having on cruise critic from onboard an NCL cruise whilst in the Owners suite. The morning after I returned from the cruise NCL called my home. They were able to find my real name and phone number to contact me. This is how I know they are on these boards so I am not "paranoid" as someone had put in their post.

is there someone that looks at cruise critic and 'occasionally' post something... yes. Will they try to contact someone if there is a major problem... probably

you made is sound like they 'troll' these boards with fake names and post on here all the time trying to stir things up.

if your post was if an NCL employee occasionally looks here and once in a RARE while posts something... then I agree. its been known for a while. I think they have NCL in their screen name and maybe 100 posts.

they certainly dont 'troll' the boards and make comments really.

The only thing I'd love to see NCL post is that policy is being modified to allow a reasonable amount of canned soda to be brought aboard (and, for those on the water side of the issue, reasonably priced water). ;)

Otherwise, I'm used to them being silent on CC. :rolleyes:

I am aghast that pop has such control over someone's life.

Why are you "aghast"?

You are a very lucky person that you have nothing else going on that you are "aghast" about what other people choose to drink.

I dont have a monkey in this circus since I dont drink soda but my dh and mom both drink Diet Coke like others drink coffee and Coke does not taste remotely like Pepsi, especially if you are a true soda drinker.

We sail next month and I havent even broken the news to my mom yet. She will be very disappointed. Im sailing with just my mom in February on the Getaway and wondering if she may want to book RCCL since they serve Coke.

Edited by js

Cokes from Mexico are still made with sugar rather than corn syrup and they are indeed better.

Don't forget why they came out with Coke Classic back in the 80's.

This is true, and seeing how vitriolic people get when you tell them that they can't have their corn syrup has got to put a smile on the faces of the execs in the corn mafia.

Why are you "aghast"?

You are a very lucky person that you have nothing else going on that you are "aghast" about what other people choose to drink.

I dont have a monkey in this circus since I dont drink soda but my dh and mom both drink Diet Coke like others drink coffee and Coke does not taste remotely like Pepsi, especially if you are a true soda drinker.

We sail next month and I havent even broken the news to my mom yet. She will be very disappointed. Im sailing with just my mom in February on the Getaway and wondering if she may want to book RCCL since they serve Coke.

You miss the point.

Letting it run your life is an amazing thing.

Drinking enough pop that not having it is a problem is...... a problem.

I'll guess that we shouldn't delve into the problem of drinking diet pop.

This is true, and seeing how vitriolic people get when you tell them that they can't have their corn syrup has got to put a smile on the faces of the execs in the corn mafia.

Nah.

The corn mafia has already hijacked our gas pumps.

You Do know the story behind New Coke and Coke Classic?

Funny thing is 25 years ago, if you told someone everyone be paying any $$ for water in a bottle they would think you belonged in the looney bin for being out of your mind.

IIRC IBM had a remark like that closing one of its TV ads many years ago.

Edited by pspercy

You miss the point.

Letting it run your life is an amazing thing.

Drinking enough pop that not having it is a problem is...... a problem.

I'll guess that we shouldn't delve into the problem of drinking diet pop.

But "coffee" isn't a problem?

Ask those who "need it in the morning" to give it up.

Better yet, ask their spouses!!

Why are you "aghast"?

The next time somebody wants to argue with me that corn syrup isn't as addictive as tobacco, I'm going to point them to this thread.

Why so many compare Carnival's beverage policy to NCL"s?

Why not with other cruise lines? :rolleyes:

Because Carnival banned bottled water and sodas first, then allowed canned beverages in a limited amount, and sold bottled water at a reasonable price. Therefore, among two scoundrel cruise lines, Carnival is the least sleezy.

Because Carnival banned bottled water and sodas first, then allowed canned beverages in a limited amount, and sold bottled water at a reasonable price. Therefore, among two scoundrel cruise lines, Carnival is the least sleezy.

Sounds reasonable especially if you’re traveling with children and when at port you can bring more on board.

Awaiting reports from the front lines about the beverage and water wars.

How pleasant the relations are with the beverage combatants ?

Lines moving along at even a modest pace speed ?

What is happening with the spoils of war (beverages and water) ?

We boarded the Epic on Sunday, we've just docked in Naples.

Nobody was particularly bothered about the new policy.

No huge piles of discarded drinks at dockside, no arguments, no tantrums. No issue.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I got my email today from NCL today. 70 days till my cruise and its a getting to know your ship. If you hunt out the FAQ is has the water policy. Does that count as notifying me? Yes its past final payment

No. Notifying you would mean that they specifically informed you that the policy has changed - like they have done to some of the passengers.

They have signs at the port and they physically hand you a piece of paper to tell you.

Regardless of notice period, they are telling you. You can plead ignorance at the port if you like and try to argue, but all you'll do is annoy people.

We boarded the Epic on Sunday, we've just docked in Naples.

Nobody was particularly bothered about the new policy.

No huge piles of discarded drinks at dockside, no arguments, no tantrums. No issue.

Thanks for reporting back Don, enjoy your cruise!