"Sign In - You may qualify for lower fares."

msg74

I have noticed a trend with Princess Pricing as a past guest - IF the price shown BEFORE signing in is any sort of "promotional" discounted fare tied to a current sale then there is no past guest discount, if the fare is what they call a "launch" fare then you get $100pp off regardless of Captains Circle tier level. Some promos, like sip-n-sail are combineable with launch fares, other promos are not. Hope this helps de-mystify:o

We booked with the recently ended Red, White & Blue promotion for $1,499 which included free tips (nearly $200/pp) and now that the sale is over the cruise fare has increased by $100/pp. to $1,599 without free tips.

The "Sun Drenched Deals" that runs from 7/21-9/13 drops the price back to $1,499 but without the free tips nor any other benefits.

Most Princess promotions are not a sale for many passengers & are a farce to me...they increase prices before a promotion to make the new promotion appear to be a sale. :(

I had been eyeing the Royal Princess Transatlantic for fall 2017 since it was first released earlier this year. The Launch fare, with a $100pp Captains Circle discount, for a BY obstructed balcony gty was $1699pp from the beginning. I recently booked under the Sip-n-Sail promo for the same $1699pp rate. No increase in fare to cover the promo, so no, they do not always raise fares to lower them :rolleyes:

And if you think Princess sales are a farce go spend some time on the RCCL boards .... Bogo, Bogoho, 1,2,free, 30 for 30, tax free, and on and on ..... almost every new "sale" has resulted in a price increase!!!!!

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Moderator deleted my duplicate thread - thank you.

USNOOZEULOSE

One example was from LA with Santa Barbara, 4 night, Sept 26 2016. Balcony $399 went to $449 when I signed in.

Edited by Tedferg

Moderator deleted my duplicate thread - thank you.

USNOOZEULOSE

One example was from LA with Santa Barbara, 4 night, Sept 26 2016. Balcony $399 went to $449 when I signed in.

I tried the same thing. Same results.

I was idly browsing West Coast Getaway Sale for Fall 2016. I saw one on Sale for $399. I signed in and it went to $449 as did several others. Is this a sale to attract new customers ?

You have to go to choose your own cabin as you book. many times the IF and similar category sells out quickly on the promotions, but there are other options or you can call. The other thing is to click on the "special offers" down below. We ended up on the Ruby in Late Jan on an Obstructed View with free gratuities for 449.00 coming out much less than the "sale price" for an inside.

You have to go to choose your own cabin as you book. many times the IF and similar category sells out quickly on the promotions, but there are other options or you can call. The other thing is to click on the "special offers" down below. We ended up on the Ruby in Late Jan on an Obstructed View with free gratuities for 449.00 coming out much less than the "sale price" for an inside.

Thanks - still a little mystifying. If I am signed in I see $449 fare and under 'special offers' I see Complimentary Gratuities for Guest 1 & 2. If signed out I see $399 but no special offers.

Thanks - still a little mystifying. If I am signed in I see $449 fare and under 'special offers' I see Complimentary Gratuities for Guest 1 & 2. If signed out I see $399 but no special offers.

There you go about 150.00 (assuming you pay your gratuities) reduction.....

For the first time ever today I see an advantage being signed in.... An extra $50 ea OBC.

Still $150 more than I paid and still $150 less OBC than I've got, but at least something extra for signing in.

We booked with the recently ended Red, White & Blue promotion for $1,499 which included free tips (nearly $200/pp) and now that the sale is over the cruise fare has increased by $100/pp. to $1,599 without free tips.

The "Sun Drenched Deals" that runs from 7/21-9/13 drops the price back to $1,499 but without the free tips nor any other benefits.

Most Princess promotions are not a sale for many passengers & are a farce to me...they increase prices before a promotion to make the new promotion appear to be a sale. :(

Have you booked RCI lately? Princess, if a zillion times better.

This is similar to what I have experienced :(.

And that very well could be. For example the recent red, white etc. sale had a non refundable deposit. If you wanted a refundable deposit the pricing was different.

Edited by land lover

I received an email from Princess a few days ago. I looked at the price and saw that it was 1399.00pp for 10day Sea of Cortez cruise. Signed in and the fare was 999.00pp. Called my TA and booked right away. Nice discount. Now 5 days later the price shows up at 999.00pp without signing in. Guess it was a heads up perc. We are Plat members.

Tim

I am elite,just came off a cruise,have another cruise booked,and find my rates are higher,when I sign in with my past passenger number than my friend,who has not sailed in a few years.Her rate is $150.00 less than mine.That is very disturbing.

It seems,if you have another cruise booked,or at a higher level,you get penalized.It is probably not on every sailing but the couple that I checked.

We are only on Ruby level and booked a 10 day South East Asia cruise out of Singapore in November. On the Princess Australian website the price for a balcony is AU$1779.00pp. When I logged in the price went down to AU$1394.00pp (AU$385pp discount). I called an online travel agent that advertised it at AU$1771.00pp and told them we had cruised with Princess before and they said that there was no past passenger discount, that was the best they could do. We booked immediately with Princess at the low price thinking that they had made a mistake but now a few weeks later the prices are still the same so I guess it wasn't a mistake. In fact they have already upgraded us from a BF on Deck 14 to a BC on Deck 12.