Will we like Constellation?

gordylad

The S and M class are quite different. We have cruised both and have both booked for future cruises.

As speciality restaurant users we prefer the greater choice on S class (especially now the Murano equivalent restaurants are being removed). We also find the 'flow' a bit better on the S class, they rarely feel crowded.

After saying that we have no real criticism of M class. If you look closely you may find a bit of rust here or there but they are still well maintained gracious ladies of the sea. We have a Millie cruise booked next year and have no concerns.

I think some of the M class reviews can be quite negative....not so much because there is an issue with them but because some cruisers book them and board expecting an S class ship!

Board with an open mind and you will have a great cruise!

Variety is the spice of life :D. Take the plunge and try it out. Cruising company can make or break a sailing, irrespective of the ship ;). We've met some wonderful people on M class ships, add that together with a fabulous itinerary and voila!

There are pros and cons to both M and S class ships. We cruise and like both classes. We cruise for the itinerary and don't even consider what class ship that itinerary might be on. We love the Connie. She was our first experience with Celebrity.

Edited by El Crucero

The Constellation is a fine ship. Since you have only sailed on S-class ships, there are a few differences. M-class ships are a bit smaller. No grass on the top deck, of course. Unlike the S-class, where all veranda cabins are the same size, the standard veranda cabins on M-class are 175 sq. feet, and concierge level cabins are 191 sq. feet, roughly the same size as the S-class. Another difference you will notice is that the buffet area on the Connie is smaller than that on the S-class. You will find most of the same menu items, but they are packed in a little tighter. All in all, I would not hesitate to sail on the Connie again.

A few years ago the M-class ships each had a major drydock in which they were "Solsticized" -- the best features from the S-class were added. That gave them new life, since all signs of wear and tear were fixed too. We loved Solstice in the Caribbean, but just enjoyed a cruise on Connie in the Med even more -- of course, being in a suite may have influenced that! Check out the review through the link "Celebrity Constellation Greek Isles 5-2016" in my signature. Also, consider taking advantage of the soft prices on this cruise by upgrading to Aquaclass or a suite -- dining in Blu or Luminae can add a lot to your enjoyment.

AND, the M-class PH suites are HUGE!!!

1432 sq ft of cabin space

1098 sq ft of veranda

Plus, there are 3 banks of passenger elevators, so the walk from AFT cabins isn't half the length of the ship.

Personally, I like the M-class ships better than the S-class; but most of my cruises have been on small ships.

Connie was our first Celebrity cruise last February. Loved every second of it. As far as ships it was super clean, Crew was incredibly friendly and I actually agree with previous poster. I cruise the itinerary not the ship so much.

I read some of the negative reviews prior but not one was true when we sailed. Everything was very positive with not one complaint.We loved the Martini bar. Made friends with the best flair bartender I've ever met Peter. He was incredible and we just loved the bar and staff. I told my wife how do we get sucked into the Martini Bar every night. We try to walk by and I swear it's like a gravitational pull and next thing we know we are on a bar stool talking to Peter having a martini.

You will love Connie... We are easy to please people but you won't go wrong with this ship...Happy Sailing!!!

Hi -- we sailed on the Connie this Spring. Loved the Cruise, Itinerary & Ship. The crew was happy & friendly!!! We've done the large ships & smaller ships. Ultimately - we select by Itinerary & Value. Not sure which cruise you are looking at... Not only did we sail on the Connie this Spring (Rome to Venice), we'll be sailing on the Connie next Spring (Asia). Enjoy whichever cruise you select.

As others have written, we choose the itinerary and whatever =X= ship, S-class or M-class, goes there is fine with us. One amazing plus for the M-class ships is the warm, relaxing thalassotherapy pool. Take your swimsuit and enjoy to the max! We'll be on the Millennium for the 16-night transpacific in 2017. Can't wait!

Betsy

We actually prefer the M class ships to the S Class. We have sailed on the Reflection & Silhouettee (2) times. All European voyages. For us, here are the benefits of the smaller vessels.

Less total passengers

Easy use of tenders in ports that require this service

Size of the theater

Martini Bar can get very crowded, enjoy the entertainment & larger size of the Rendezvous Lounge

More open spaces to get away from crowds inside the ship

Less passengers using the Persian Gardens & Spa

Thalassotherapy Pool

Just name a few. We generally find the itinerary most important, as the ship is not our destination. We find the Summit, Infinity, & Millennium all similar in design & easy to navigate. What you may prefer is your decision. Frankly we have never had a poor Celebrity cruise.

Happy Travels, John