Escape to Jost Van Dyke through NCL

TonyFred

I posted this over on the Tortola forum but thought someone here might also know.

We took the Escape to Jost Van Dyke excursion last year and loved it.

We are going again this October on the Escape. We are 110 days out and so far this excursion isnt available. Has anyone booked it lately? Sure hoping they havent dropped it.

You might want to try calling the shore excursions desk. This is one of the excursions that seems to sell out. We did it on our February Escape cruise. Initially there was only one time available, but they added a second excursion once we booked our original time.

We took the NCL excursion from the Escape in mid June. The catamaran Rebel Yell left from the pier and literally dropped us off in front of the Soggy Dollar Bar right on the beach (it had retractable stairs). The price of NCL's excursion was $109 pp. The price of Pain Killers was $7.

I posted this over on the Tortola forum but thought someone here might also know.

We are going again this October on the Escape. We are 110 days out and so far this excursion isnt available. Has anyone booked it lately? Sure hoping they havent dropped it.

We just did this excursion last week.

I'm in the process of doing a photo review and it just so happens that Tortola is up next in my review. I will be posting lots of photos from this excursion. Feel free to follow along...heres the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2377066

Me too. I'm going in November and have been looking every day.

We took the NCL excursion from the Escape in mid June. The catamaran Rebel Yell left from the pier and literally dropped us off in front of the Soggy Dollar Bar right on the beach (it had retractable stairs). The price of NCL's excursion was $109 pp. The price of Pain Killers was $7.

Thats the same one we did last year but it is not showing up under excursions for the October cruise.

Me too. I'm going in November and have been looking every day.

Same here, i even emailed the company to see if they were running with NCL in November... I have not heard back from them as of yet.

I had been wondering about this too as it's the only excursion we're planning during this cruise...

I just spoke with the Shore Excursions Desk and she said not all of their Fall Excursions are showing yet (even though within 90 days of Sailing) but it should be on the website soon for booking. I asked if she could confirm that it's still being offered and she said yes. Yay! :)

Edited by TenForward

I had been wondering about this too as it's the only excursion we're planning during this cruise...

I just spoke with the Shore Excursions Desk and she said not all of their Fall Excursions are showing yet (even though within 90 days of Sailing) but it should be on the website soon for booking. I asked if she could confirm that it's still being offered and she said yes. Yay! :)

Great news. I've been looking for this excursion too.

Just an FYI on the NCL escape to JVD on the Rebel Yell...

They have 2 different time slots for this excursion. The first leaves at 07:15 am and the second at 09:00-09:30 I believe. I took the earlier one, and while it was definitely a very nice beach (and not crowded) the only thing that was open that early was the Soggy Dollar. Great Painkillers, but the other beach bars (Seddy's One Love, Ivan's, ect) were not open yet...

If I had it to do over, I would have taken the second tour. I really wanted to try one of the lobster quesadillas at One Love...

• 1 month later...

They have 2 different time slots for this excursion. The first leaves at 07:15 am and the second at 09:00-09:30 I believe. I took the earlier one, and while it was definitely a very nice beach (and not crowded) the only thing that was open that early was the Soggy Dollar. Great Painkillers, but the other beach bars (Seddy's One Love, Ivan's, ect) were not open yet...

If I had it to do over, I would have taken the second tour. I really wanted to try one of the lobster quesadillas at One Love...

Awesome! I picked the 2nd tour. But you being on the first one, were you able to stay later and go back to the ship on the catamaran coming back for the 9am people or did you have to leave?

My 12/17 sailing had it available last week - took the 7:15. I am curious what people are choosing for st Thomas- as well- I might do a St. John one as i did Magen's bay last time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My 12/17 sailing had it available last week - took the 7:15. I am curious what people are choosing for st Thomas- as well- I might do a St. John one as i did Magen's bay last time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am doing the Kon Tiki beach trip this time. I took the ferry to St. John last time I was there. It was a great day. The beach is all national park land so it is pristine. Gorgeous place!

Does anyone know if there is a way to get to Jost Van Dyke other than by catamaran? I have a minor mobility issue that makes sitting on a cat boat difficult.

I am doing the Kon Tiki beach trip this time. I took the ferry to St. John last time I was there. It was a great day. The beach is all national park land so it is pristine. Gorgeous place!

Does anyone know if there is a way to get to Jost Van Dyke other than by catamaran? I have a minor mobility issue that makes sitting on a cat boat difficult.

Looks like the Rebel Yell catamaran has some bench seating on aft. Just need to navigate 8 or 9 steps getting off the boat at JVD.

You have to leave with the same group you arrived with. The Rebel Yell makes 2 round trips from Tortola to JVD, and they're both capacity or near capacity trips...

Awesome! I picked the 2nd tour. But you being on the first one, were you able to stay later and go back to the ship on the catamaran coming back for the 9am people or did you have to leave?

The 7:15 time slot was the only one available for 11/02 of this year. I am fine with that. We did the 915 last year and cut it very close on getting back to the boat. They shut the gangway right after our group got back onboard. By taking the early time, we can walk around the port area when we get back and do a little shopping.

The 7:15 time slot was the only one available for 11/02 of this year. I am fine with that. We did the 915 last year and cut it very close on getting back to the boat. They shut the gangway right after our group got back onboard. By taking the early time, we can walk around the port area when we get back and do a little shopping.

7:15 was the only time available for us also. Could it be because we are only in port until 3:00? Anyway we grabbed it as it is the one thing I really wanted to do.

7:15 was the only time available for us also. Could it be because we are only in port until 3:00? Anyway we grabbed it as it is the one thing I really wanted to do.

Yep, same here. We booked the same itinerary this year as last year just so we could go back to JVD. We were on the Getaway last year and the Escape this year so at least the ship is different. We loved the Getaway and expect the Escape to be just as lovable!

We are on 10/01 sailing and have 9:15 JVD. I'm guessing the 9:15 is sold out and you only had the 7:15 available.

Only being in port til 3:00 , the 9:15 cuts it close but it's purchased through NCL the ship will wait if we are late.

With the 7:15 am tour, what time were you back? I'm trying to help someone plan their day in Tortola, but it's a little difficult since I've not been there myself. When you return from the excursion, is there anything to do in the port area until sail away time? Thx

With the 7:15 am tour, what time were you back? I'm trying to help someone plan their day in Tortola, but it's a little difficult since I've not been there myself. When you return from the excursion, is there anything to do in the port area until sail away time? Thx

According to NCL web it is a 5 hr. Trip total. That puts you back at ship/port at 12:15.

Then they have to sail back to pick up the 9:15 people. That gets back to port at 2:15. Only 45 min. Before ship leaves.