Cost of soda?.

omajo

Does NCL actually serve cans of soda? I recall receiving soda from 2L bottles or the gun, but not the can. The only cans we had were in room mini bar and they were right around the $3 mark, perhaps slightly over.

The soda package includes fountain drinks only. Sorry I should have stated that. The cans cost 2.95 each plus gratuity from the bar or the mini bar. I still think the best value is the soda package if you plan on drinking a lot. Sorry for any confusion.

• 9 months later...

So there are four of us (friends) who will be sharing a mini-suite. The two lushes in the group are getting the free UBP promo. the third only drinks soda, and the 4th is happy with regular coffee, iced tea, or tap water (all of which I'm assuming are complimentary)

Ideally, we'd just get a soda package for the 3rd passenger, but of course the rules require everyone in a cabin to buy the package. Wouldn't passengers 1 and 2 be exempt since they already have the complimentary UBP? The NCL website seemed to try applying it to all four of us, which would be totally unreasonable regardless how much soda she drinks.

If we could get away with just buying it for passengers 3 and 4, then it would still be a matter of determining whether it'd be cheaper to by two soda packages or paying for sodas a la carte. The thread talks about cans of soda being $2.95 each, is that the price for soda fountain beverages as well?

Yes, it's the same price for fountain soda and cans, and it's the same price whether they give you the whole can or if they only pour half the can into a glass and save the rest for the next customer.

I don't think you can add the soda package online without it making you purchase for everyone in the cabin. You can try calling, but I think they would still make you purchase for 3 & 4 at least. Your only chance of buying just one soda package is to wait until you board, people have reported success with that.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows the price of a can of pepsi.

Thanks

Look to see if there is a pop machine on board, often it's found in the teens area. If so you may find the pop cheaper but certainly no tax and you use your room key instead of cash.

I found this resource that says a glass of soda is $2 which I was trying to figure out for our June Escape trip too. All the documentation I could find said everyone in the cabin had to get the drink package but I'm planning on calling to make sure because we have 2 kids as our 3rd and 4th and they don't drink soda at all.

My experience was they rarely charged for soda despite not having a beverage plan. In the free cases, I was served fountain soda. It was only when I received a can at a couple of the specialty restaurants that they charged.