Connecting suites

Colgal

Thrilled that we were upgraded to a V6 suite- first time on the port side of the ship! We have been assigned a connecting suite and were wondering if anyone has been bothered by noise from their neighbors? Can't wait to get onboard!

Yes, first time we were in a connecting suite on the big ships we could hear EVERYTHING our neighbor's were doing. Never was an issue on the little ships. But I do like the V-6 suites on deck eight -- very convenient location.

We had 745 on deck 7. The connecting door for this suite is a double so a door on our side and a door on theirs so we heard nothing from those neighbours. However, on the other side there was quite a lot of noise in the second week. Whether it's because the alignment is different or just because our neighbours kept their television on ALL night :(. After knocking on their door at 2:45am on the first night, We did ask the customer team to intervene so they turned the volume down but if it wasn't for the air con muffling the sound I would have been stood with my finger to the bell!!!

I swore if we ever had to book a connecting suite I was going to bring a roll of insulation and duct tape. And Techno said -- it really has to do with the luck of the draw of your neighbor's. Unfortunately some people are not very commiserate. TV at 2:45 -- I am very sorry for you.

After the first night (2:45am) and the second night (11:15pm loud romantic music) my nightly sleeping draft of a shared bottle of Kendal Jackson Reserve Merlot and the hum of the air con seemed to sort it :D:D:D

I have responded on the board which Jenny started re the other question you asked, Chairsin.

Much to my dismay, we were allocated suite 826, interconnecting, on a recent Seabourn cruise. After reading some horror stories about interconnecting suites I was expecting the worst. We were very lucky, we must have had very considerate neighbours as we didn't hear anything at all. In return, we were as quiet as a mouse!! I loved the location on Deck 8.

On a recent Odyssey b2b, we had to book a guarantee and ended up in a connecting suite for 43 nites. We feared the worst yet our experience was the best! We had different next door neighbours for each segment, yet we didn't hear any noise from either of them. Except for the locked door inside our room, we never would have known we were in a connecting suite.

And similarly for us the noise was not from the connecting door but from the suite on the other side with no connecting door :confused:

Probably because of the configuration - their TV backed onto our bed which doesn't happen in th 'regular' suites. Enjoy I am sure you will love it.

On a recent Odyssey b2b, we had to book a guarantee and ended up in a connecting suite for 43 nites. We feared the worst yet our experience was the best! We had different next door neighbours for each segment, yet we didn't hear any noise from either of them. Except for the locked door inside our room, we never would have known we were in a connecting suite.

Mmmm, I wonder if we might have been neighbours? We sailed from LA to Barcelona in a connecting suite on Odyssey earlier this year. We took duct tape "just in case" but never heard a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

We've had noise problems through connecting doors in hotels and on cruise ships. The most interesting was in a hotel in Europe years ago: in the afternoon the couple next door was having a very loud fight in a foreign language. But they apparently made up, and that evening they were VERY amorous, if you know what I mean - bouncing bed and all!

We don't always have a problem, but bottom line: we NEVER book or accept a connecting room.

Mmmm, I wonder if we might have been neighbours? We sailed from LA to Barcelona in a connecting suite on Odyssey earlier this year. We took duct tape "just in case" but never heard a thing.
I don't think so. We were on Fiji-LA and continuing LA-FLL. Our next door neighbours on the 1st segment were from Great Britain and on the 2nd segment they were from Australia. The Aussies stayed on board past BCN all the way to IST. We didn't hear a thing either.

I would also be cautious of booking a suite next to the adjoining suites. Often families book adjoining suites and the suites that are on each side of them could be noisy. Last time we were 2 doors from the adjoining suite and had to endure screaming kids on balcony, in suite with door open and door closed, and running through the hall. The poor couple next to use that shared a wall with them were ready to cry. They got no peace whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...

Friends of ours are about to sail with Seabourn for the first time, they have been allocated suite 724, looking on the deck plan it appears to be a connecting suite, has anyone stayed in this suite?

There are often posts on here with concerns about noise from the adjoining suite, thanks in advance.

I started this thread and am happy to reply that our suite, 724, was very quiet on our 11 night Mediterranean cruise.

That being said, there were several families aboard and had they occupied the connecting suite it may not have been so pleasant. We were grateful that we had no noise from either side of our suite!

I started this thread and am happy to reply that our suite, 724, was very quiet on our 11 night Mediterranean cruise.

That being said, there were several families aboard and had they occupied the connecting suite it may not have been so pleasant. We were grateful that we had no noise from either side of our suite!

Happy to hear.

Lots of sea days on our cruise and it is over the holidays which means more kids thus families possibly on board. Too much risk for us. Want to enjoy the cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums