Dinner package questions -Sushi on 5 and one more

2calgarycruisers

I've tried to get this answered in a couple of threads but haven't got replies and I can't be the only one looking for this - how does it work as it's a la carte?

Secondly, when you buy the package are you allowed to select a restaurant more than once? For example if you have 5 restaurants on a ship included in the package (which is what it is on the Silhouette, you have to eat at all five?) I'm good with sushi but I know a lot of people aren't so wondering what kind of options you would have?

Thanks to all in advance for the help.

Check out Sushi on Five menu- it is open for lunch and dinner with NO COVER CHARGE. Reservations are not required but recommended

Yes, but it's included as a venue with dinner packages - 5 night package has 5 restaurants attached to it including Sushi on 5 - since you are paying for each night how would that work as Sushi on 5 has an alcarte menu as opposed to a cover.

The 5 night package requires you to go to all restaurants. It used to be 2 nights at Tuscan grill, one night Murano, one night Lawn club grill, and one night at Qsine. That being said, we don't like Qsine so on our last cruise we talked to the restaurant manager and he allowed us to repeat one night at Lawn club grill instead.

I am not sure if they are allowing the Sushi on 5 in the package as it is priced a la carte, but some posters have suggested that this is now included in the package instead of repeating the Tuscan grill one night.

I know that on Millennium, the 3 night package has you going to Tuscan, Qsine and Sushi on 5. The 5 night package is 2-Tuscan, 2-Qsine and 1-Sushi on 5. Since Sushi on 5 is a la carte pricing, I'm not sure when you dine there on a package if there is some sort of limit to how much you can order. As more and more ships convert from Bistro to Sushi, information will start coming out as to how it works when you dine there on a package.

I know that on Millennium, the 3 night package has you going to Tuscan, Qsine and Sushi on 5. The 5 night package is 2-Tuscan, 2-Qsine and 1-Sushi on 5. Since Sushi on 5 is a la carte pricing, I'm not sure when you dine there on a package if there is some sort of limit to how much you can order. As more and more ships convert from Bistro to Sushi, information will start coming out as to how it works when you dine there on a package.

We have seen at least two posts (on other threads) that explain it as follows:

If "Sushi On 5" is included as one of the specialty restaurants that you are required to visit for dinner, you can go there and select menu items that have a total price of $30 (or less) and leave without paying anything further ... BUT ... if you care to order items that cost a total of more than $30, then you must submit your key/card so that the "excess" may be charged to your account.

We have looked at the menu and found some desirable combinations that total $28 to $30, and we will probably not go higher. It appears, however, that it would be very easy for someone -- especially an sushi enthusiast -- to go over $30.

If "Sushi On 5" is included as one of the specialty restaurants that you are required to visit for dinner, you can go there and select menu items that have a total price of $30 (or less) and leave without paying anything further ... BUT ... if you care to order items that cost a total of more than $30, then you must submit your key/card so that the "excess" may be charged to your account.

We have looked at the menu and found some desirable combinations that total $28 to $30, and we will probably not go higher. It appears, however, that it would be very easy for someone -- especially an sushi enthusiast -- to go over $30.

Exactly what I was looking for - thank you. Not sure how I missed those posts and I was trolling pretty hard.

• 5 months later...

Can anyone confirm that Sushi on 5 is available in the 5 night dining package on Constellation ? If it is true that the limit is $30 it would seem a poor option given that Tuscan Grill -$45 and Ocean Liners - $50 , are the other choices? :confused:

Can anyone confirm that Sushi on 5 is available in the 5 night dining package on Constellation ? If it is true that the limit is $30 it would seem a poor option given that Tuscan Grill -$45 and Ocean Liners - $50 , are the other choices? :confused:

The five night package doesn't exist in its old format any more. You can book any number of nights and use whichever restaurant you like. I can't speak for Sushi on 5 as we didn't use it but our five nights on Connie were one in Tuscan ( didn't like the location and the new poorer menu ) and four in Ocean Liners, superb every time. Sadly Ocean Liners will become Tuscan after the refit in April/May and I believe Tuscan will become Qsine.

We had the UDP in December '16 on the Equinox and dined twice in Sushi on 5 and there was no price limit As a matter of fact our waiter brought us enough food for 6 so we could taste a variety. 880af85de75bfdda42c27e5149794b76.jpg3828656a63a4d33c6b06a1d2e1b0ed48.jpgd9ba3507d18326a425463772b0a172b1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The five night package doesn't exist in its old format any more. You can book any number of nights and use whichever restaurant you like. I can't speak for Sushi on 5 as we didn't use it but our five nights on Connie were one in Tuscan ( didn't like the location and the new poorer menu ) and four in Ocean Liners, superb every time. Sadly Ocean Liners will become Tuscan after the refit in April/May and I believe Tuscan will become Qsine.

Thanks for that info , I wasnt aware of the change to the dining package - that does sound good and we will probably do the same -- except we would like to try Sushi On 5 also , but think the $30 limit ( quoted in another post ) seems mean compared to the offerings in Ocean Liners re the dinner package purchased .

Can anyone confirm this is the case - the $30 limit ?

Thanks again -- and how good are those food photos !:D

On our cruise late last year sushi on 5 was included in the package and you could eat as much as you want. On our Xmas cruise they did not have dining packages.

If not part of the package then it is a la carte ie you pay per dish. A sushi plate (large) was about $10.

Why not just wait until boarding the ship and then buy the package?

Sushi on 5 is rarely busy so no need to book in advance

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

On board Silhouette about a week ago they were offering a special for Sushi-on-5 that was $30pp total for all-you can eat dinner. People were going around in Oceanview Cafe and trying to get you to sign up. It was not part of the Specialty Dining package but a separate special. For most of the week Sushi-on-5 was pretty empty so perhaps they were trying to drum up business.

• 5 years later...