Port days- are the pools open?

smch916

I have, indeed, seen them do maintenance on the pools while in port, and even have drills in the pool for the crew, but that's the exception, rather than the rule. More often than not, the pools, and hot tubs are open, and deserted. You can have any lounger you want, and the buffet lines are empty as well. Enjoy yourself, while all the other pax are ashore. (except me, of course.) ;)

"SKY"

Edited by SkyMaster

I have, indeed, seen them do maintenance on the pools while in port, and even have drills in the pool for the crew, but that's the exception, rather than the rule. More often than not, the pools, and hot tubs are open, and deserted. You can have any lounger you want, and the buffet lines are empty as well. Enjoy yourself, while all the other pax are ashore. (except me, of course.) ;)

"SKY"

Yeah, it's generally the exception. Most of the time the pools are open. And unless there is a problem they'll have one of the pools open at least. They usually try to do maintenance early if they do it, so unless it's something that needs a lot of work it will be open during the day.

Taking a short cruise on the Inspiration next month. I can't remember if the pools are open while the ship is in port or if they clean them at that time?

TY!

Of course they are open , some people don't get off the ship.

Thank you all for the responses.

A few more questions...Our flight was just changed and it now leaves LAX at 11:40 am on Labor Day. Should I be concerned about making it? The next flight isn't until 3:50pm! What's the latest you can get off the ship (should I decide to move to the later flight)?

Edited by smch916

I've been on cruises that didn't get back to port on time due to fog or medical emergency divergence and didn't get off until 11:30am. Never can tell. Fog isn't much of a problem around Labor day.

I'd ruin my cruise worrying about it, so I'd go later.

Edited by crusinpsychRN