Global Entry Port Everglades

ssimon

Unless something has very recently changed, I am not aware of Global Entry at any cruise ports.

According to the Port Everglades web site (and supported by a TA blog), they now have GE. It appears as if you will need to show a GE card to access that line and it isn't access to a kiosk, but a pass to the front of the line, but it is a start.

We have just received our Global Entry cards and wondered if we can use it at Port Everglades? When we went for our interview the agent didn't know anything about entry from a cruise ship.

When you go through Customs at PE lane is at the far right. There is a large sign above the lane. You shouldn't have to stand in line but might have to show your card to an agent on the floor to by-pass those in line.

When we went through Customs last Feb the lane was pretty much unused. We decided to get our cards then!!

Thanks for the answers I was hoping for! Not only TSA pre check but quicker at customs in the cruise port was what convinced my husband to get it! Hopefully other ports follow Port Everglades and get it!

Used it in March. As others have said - have your card in your hand and keep to the right. Look for the big sign on the wall (it is mounted fairly high).

Be prepared to hear those you bypass grumble and grouse a bit.

Yes, we used the GE line in PE on Princess in February. We went right to the front of the long line!:)

It also means less stress if you are running late at disembarkation because you get to go to the TSA precheck line at FLL and MIA.

Edited by royalcruz

The lines for clearing customs at JFK the last couple of times convinced my wife and I to go ahead and part with the $200 for us both to get the Global Entry. I had no idea idea we could use them on our upcoming cruise out of Port Everglades, the Customs folks only explained the airport kiosks. Thanks for the information, if I hadn't read about it on this board I probably would not have bothered to take the card. That would have stung a bit while standing in line looking at the empty GE line. :)

Do I read this to mean that if you have Global Entry (which we do) you go through Global Entry at the Port Everglades Pier where the ship docks and not the airport (which in our case is FLL)?

Yes, but you still need to go through TSA at FLL.

If only one of you has ge can the group still use the global entry line?

No. GE is a special designation, along with biometrics, attached to your passport account, that prove your identity. Only those that have GE can use the machines (or have the Cards) to speed up the process.

Wouldn't that be great if one person paid the money for the background check and GE, but could drag 3, 4, 5 or more people through the GE line? Without the additional identifying info? NOT!

Edited by CruiserBruce

In Port Everglades, if only one parents has GE, everyone that is on the customs declaration form, may go in the GE line. (no kiosk)

In the airports, each individual must have their own GE. (kiosks)

Edited by foflocruiser

I, along with my GF, have been conditionally approved for GE. However, the time slots for anywhere surrounding Southern CA are into January and beyond. We have scheduled are appointments for FLL the day before our cruise, but obviously won't get the cards. Can we access the GE line without the GE cards and just our passports upon disembarkation?

I, along with my GF, have been conditionally approved for GE. However, the time slots for anywhere surrounding Southern CA are into January and beyond. We have scheduled are appointments for FLL the day before our cruise, but obviously won't get the cards. Can we access the GE line without the GE cards and just our passports upon disembarkation?

According to everything I've seen and read, cruise ports are the one place you need to have your card in order to get into the GE line since they don't have kiosks. You can't prove you have GE by showing your passport thus the need to show your card just to get into the GE line.

Now if there is no one in line maybe the officer would be more lenient but I wouldn't count on it.

You'll receive an email after your interview stating that you've been approved and should receive your card in a week or so. You could try printing that email out and see if the officer will take pity on you and let you through...