Global Entry Port Everglades

ssimon

Which one has the most benefits?

Thanks,

Wes

Global Entry. TSA Pre-Check only grants pre-check at the airport; for I think $25 more for five years, Global Entry gives you pre-check, plus expedited immigration and customs clearance at international airports, plus now apparently Port Everglades for cruise ships.

Global Entry. TSA Pre-Check only grants pre-check at the airport; for I think $25 more for five years, Global Entry gives you pre-check, plus expedited immigration and customs clearance at international airports, plus now apparently Port Everglades for cruise ships.

Its $85 for Pre. $100 for Global Entry including Pre.

Which one has the most benefits?

Thanks,

Wes

Wes, if you plan to do some international travel over the next five years which involve flying back to the USA I would go with the Global Entry.

As mentioned you also get other benefits including TSA Pre Approv.

Right now it can also be used for arrival to Port Everglades and I hopefully in time it will expand to other USA ports.

Keith

I have used GE only at airports that the designated kiosks. Not sure I ever got a GE "card". Can I still use the GE customs area at Port Everglades if I don't have that card?

You actually received a card; your Known Traveler Number is on it (as well as in your GOES account). You probably ignored it as it's never been particularly useful...

I have used GE only at airports that the designated kiosks. Not sure I ever got a GE "card". Can I still use the GE customs area at Port Everglades if I don't have that card?

You actually received a card; your Known Traveler Number is on it (as well as in your GOES account). You probably ignored it as it's never been particularly useful...

Since there are no GE kiosks at Port Everglades you must have your card.

We used the Mobile Passport at Port Everglades and did self assist walk off.

We walked off the ship, with our luggage, and was outside the terminal in 15 minutes. Breezed right through.

This is probably faster then Global Entry and another alternative.

Eventually I hope port of Miami uses this app as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FWIW, below are details in my experience this morning using GE at Port Everglades. YMMV. I'm using an iPad so please forgive any typos.

- Friday 12/2, RC Serenade OTS, Terminal 18, Self assist / express departure

- Docked around 7am; Off ship and in terminal around 730a

- Upon exiting the ship, everyone remains in a single line to get to elevator / escalator to go down 1 floor. Things backed up here for a bit due to the number of pax carrying too much and being asked by staff to take the elevator.

- Once downstairs, the line continues, guided by ropes and staff

- I saw a sign advertising GE

- The "gates" / lanes with CBP staff then come into view

- The line splits in 2 - one for people using mobile passport, the other for those using the traditional method. They we both about equally long with approx 15-20 people in each line.

- There was no GE specific line; I asked a staff member where to go for GE.

- She removed the tensa rope, allowed me to completely skip both lines, and brought be right to the front of the queue to see the next available CBP agent.

- The agent briefly looked at my GE card, passport, and customs form and passed me through, no questions asked.

I was not expecting this treatment, but absolutely appreciated it. The mobile app is great in this day and age, but given I paid for GE and went to some trouble to get it, I really felt I got some value out of it today.

• 1 month later...

Before debarking we entered our info for the Mobile Passport Control MPC app (mobile customs form). Had a little trouble determining which terminal we were docked at. Thanks Google Maps!

Left the Celebrity Silhouette on December 30, 2016 about 830AM. Quickly found our one large roller bag and proceeded to the Global Entry line. Showed our Global Entry cards and was next in line. The regular lines had about 20 to 30 people in them.

At the desk our customs officer did not have a scanner for the MPC app, so we had to fill out a paper form. You would think those of us with Global Entry would probably also use the MPC app. A quick glance at our customs form and we were out the door.

It was nice that at FLL there were two scanners for TSA PreCheck. So no real wait there either.

FWIW, below are details in my experience this morning using GE at Port Everglades....

Thank you for the information; we will look for this when we disembark in a few weeks. However, this completely contradicts what another member said in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2437749

Seems it is not yet available at all terminals.

• 2 weeks later...
In Port Everglades, if only one parents has GE, everyone that is on the customs declaration form, may go in the GE line. (no kiosk)

In the airports, each individual must have their own GE. (kiosks)

I may ask this on other threads, but it looks like this is as good as any.

My wife has GE, so, if she puts me on the customs form, I suspect that I can go through the GE line at the CRUISE terminal with her? True?

FWIW, we both also have mobile passport, so it may not have that much of an advantage to use GE anyway, but thought I'd see what options we might have.

TIA

Edited by Redwing55

My wife and I just used Global Entry at Port Everglades on Sunday, January 8, 2017. We both showed our cards to an officer at the clearly marked Global Entry line and then she sent us directly to a Customs officer for processing. Total time from getting luggage to being on the street was approximately 5 minutes. Could not have been easier. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

I may ask this on other threads, but it looks like this is as good as any.

My wife has GE, so, if she puts me on the customs form, I suspect that I can go through the GE line at the CRUISE terminal with her? True?

FWIW, we both also have mobile passport, so it may not have that much of an advantage to use GE anyway, but thought I'd see what options we might have.

TIA

My understanding is that the GE is ONLY for one person not family.

My understanding is that the GE is ONLY for one person not family.

That is my understanding as well. Being qualified for Global Entry means they have biometrics on file for your identification, and you have had a deeper background check. Who knows who that person traveling with you is...that would defy the purpose of higher security...don't you think?

Edited by CruiserBruce

That is my understanding as well. Being qualified for Global Entry means they have biometrics on file for your identification, and you have had a deeper background check. Who knows who that person traveling with you is...that would defy the purpose of higher security...don't you think?

Yeah, I would think so too.... though I read above where those on the customs form came along. That's primarily why I asked.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I lost my GE card. I went online and ordered a new one, but I've heard that it can take 6-8 weeks to arrive. I ordered it less than a month before I sail.

Back when I got GE, they put a CBP sticker in my passport. I think I heard that they no longer do that, but I wonder if that sticker will help me get into the GE line?

I also loaded the CBP App on my phone, so I'll try to use that as a Plan-B...

Does anyone have advice for getting into the Port Ev GE line without a card?