First Sailing as Diamond Plus What not to Miss

DW and I will be sailing as D+ for the first time next week. We will be on Liberty OTS. I'm just looking for advice on how to make the most out this new tier experience. Any and all advice will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SamFritz

Be sure to select your D+ amenity using the Profile section of Royal's website.

Also keep an eye out for your invite to behind the scenes tours. If you don't see it in the first day or two, speak to the LA.

DW and I will be sailing as D+ for the first time next week. We will be on Liberty OTS. I'm just looking for advice on how to make the most out this new tier experience. Any and all advice will be appreciated.

On the Liberty it won't be much different from your Diamond experience. You will be welcomed into the Diamond Lounge but not the new Suite Lounge.

You should be able to use the reserved seating area in the ice show and main theater, but those are not the best seats anyway.

Be sure to select your D+ amenity using the Profile section of Royal's website.

Also keep an eye out for your invite to behind the scenes tours. If you don't see it in the first day or two, speak to the LA.

If the card for behind the scenes tours is not in your room, I would ask the concierge to help on the first nights happy hour. The loyalty ambassador may not have hours til the next day and on a 7 day cruise there may be a deadline for signing up.

We too are sailing on the Liberty next week, first time as D+. See you in the DL. We already went on line to select a bottle of wine in our cabin. And it wasn't Tisdale..........lol

While you're in the D+ lounge, make sure you take care of your bartender and/or waiter or waitress. A little bit goes a long way!

We always do :). They remember you and take care of you the rest of the cruise. If we get a free drink off our card, we always add a tip. We try to use the same couple of bartenders through out the cruise.

Our first cruise as D+ was pretty much the same as our D cruises. On the Explorer, we we had scads of D, D+ & P and the main happy hour was in the Star Lounge. The diamond & concierge lounges were designated 'quiet zones' all day.

Downside to concierge lounge was that they took the cappuccino coffee machine and put it in the Star Lounge - so we had a regular coffee machine only.

Nice continental breakfast in both lounges. We spent 90% of our time in the diamond lounge which is much nicer with the views & all. Concierge lounge was great for just reading Kindles and chatting with folks.

If your selected amenity does not arrive by day two, go to the LA and let him know you have not received it. If you are getting wine, do NOT expect to see it day one. Because of Texas liquor laws, the ship must wait until out of US waters to deliver.

Thanks for this, I didn't realise that we got extra for being D+. Just selected a SB wine for our sailing on Harmony next month.

You're welcome.

Back when Royal charged corkage fees, we used to have the wine delivered to the Dining Room (DR on the website). Around 1 out of 3 cruises, we would get to the dining room and they would know nothing about our wine. Sometimes it took until night 2 for them to "find" it. Now that there is no corkage fee, we select stateroom delivery (SR on the website) and take it to the dining room ourselves. We have much better luck getting the wine we ordered this way.

Edited by clarea

You're welcome.

Back when Royal charged corkage fees, we used to have the wine delivered to the Dining Room (DR on the website). Around 1 out of 3 cruises, we would get to the dining room and they would know nothing about our wine. Sometimes it took until night 2 for them to "find" it. Now that there is no corkage fee, we select stateroom delivery (SR on the website) and take it to the dining room ourselves. We have much better luck getting the wine we ordered this way.

And if it is wrong, it is easier to get it taken care of by the Concierge than it is in the dining room. :rolleyes:

:)

And if it is wrong, it is easier to get it taken care of by the Concierge than it is in the dining room. :rolleyes:

:)

When it happened on Oasis, we had to get the LA to help, since it was a C&A thing. This was after the LA/Next Cruise split, so much easier to speak to the LA at that point.

I believe these are the current Diamond Plus Coupons loaded on your SeaPass card:

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Member Onboard Offers:

1. (1101) Buy any Wine, Beer or Soda by the glass and get a second (of equal or lesser value) FREE

2. (1104) Purchase any glass of wine, beer or soda and receive a 25% discount

3. Three Drink Coupons will be on SeaPass Card to be used at any bar during DL hours posted on ship.

4. (1108) One complimentary non-alcoholic specialty coffee with the purchase of dinner in any Specialty Restaurant

5. (1151) 25% off the purchase of Royal Caribbean International Cookbooks

6. (1152) Purchase One Cover Charge in a Specialty Restaurant on the FIRST NIGHT of your cruise and the second Cover Charge is FREE.

7. (1203) Receive $10.00 off $30.00 bag of Wash & Fold Laundry. (Only valid on the day of the ship's Wash & Fold laundry promotion. Not valid for any pressing or dry cleaning services)

8. (1204) $5.00 off any Dry Cleaning or Pressing services of $25.00 or more. Cannot be applied to laundry special promos.

9. (1205) 1 (one) FREE $30 Wash & Fold bag

10. (1303) 20% off Tuxedo Rental Package (Offer applies to only one tuxedo rental package. Discount does not apply to shoe rental.)

11. (1702) $5.00 off your Pets at Sea Package

12. (2103) Buy a Bingo Package and get 6 FREE Jackpot Cards. (Offer not available "Win A Cruise", "Win A Suite" or "Final Jackpot Session")

13. (1902) Spend $25.00 or more on Royal Caribbean logo products and receive 15% off (Excludes: fine jewelry brands, trunk show merchandise and best buys and one day specials)

14. (2002) Free Photo of your choice from your existing printed photograph selection (Cannot be a reprint of special request)

15. (2003) Get 10% off a Digital Photo Package or Photobook

16. (2203) Get 20% off any Spa or Salon service (Not applicable for medi-spa services)

17. (2204) Book a Signature Spa Service while in port and Receive 1 (one) complimentary Add On Treatment. (Add on treatments: Frangipani Scalp Massage, Relaxing Hand Massage or Sole Delight Foot Massage. Offer applies to only on spa or salon service

18. (2506) Buy an Internet Package and Receive 25% off

19. (2701) Stateroom Phone discount of $2.00 per minute. (Guests will receive a discounted rate on stateroom phone call charges for the entire sailing. Phone calls must be made from stateroom [savings of 75%])

20. Behind the Scenes Tour

21. Complimentary Robes to Use

Excellent thread Sam, Jeannette and I will complete our D+ on our cruise in two weeks.

The cruise that we were on together a couple years ago was a great one.....

Edited by Pitbull1130

I noticed the Diamond +/Pinnacle coupon list I provided was not current.

6. (1152) Purchase One Cover Charge in a Specialty Restaurant and the second Cover Charge is FREE should have reflected that it is for the FIRST or SECOND night (or both if the two of you are D+).