'Lip Sync Battle' Comes to Carnival Cruises

LauraS

Please let this be replacing karaoke! I have heard enough drowning cats in my lifetime but this is actually fun because they don't get to sing! lol The costumes are fun on the show so I'm curious how this will all play out with guests doing it - do they get costumes? we'll see next year!

We are part of the younger crowd that many have mentioned here as thea target for this show. I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those knock off Broadway musical shows. Or the welcome aboard show - just so cheesy.

They knock off broadway shows are history replaced by mishmash call playlist productions

The preliminary rounds are held on Lido, so they won't interfere with any of the main stage shows. Depending on how many finalists they intend to move on to the theater, it may not take up a whole lot of time. I'm sure they could schedule it during a time when nothing's going on in the theater...if they really wanted to.

Please let this be replacing karaoke! I have heard enough drowning cats in my lifetime but this is actually fun because they don't get to sing! lol The costumes are fun on the show so I'm curious how this will all play out with guests doing it - do they get costumes? we'll see next year!

We are part of the younger crowd that many have mentioned here as thea target for this show. I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those knock off Broadway musical shows. Or the welcome aboard show - just so cheesy.

I am not even that young, but enjoy watching lip sync on Jimmy Fallon. I much prefer lip sync battles to karaoke. I also like seeing "good" musical shows but prefer live bands to most anything else I have seen on cruise ships. I agree that if this replaces something that others like, it might be bad. But if this is just another option, I am all for it.

Edited by oumagic

The preliminary rounds are held on Lido, so they won't interfere with any of the main stage shows. Depending on how many finalists they intend to move on to the theater, it may not take up a whole lot of time. I'm sure they could schedule it during a time when nothing's going on in the theater...if they really wanted to.

I agree. I read the article, and it doesn't state what time the finals will be taking place in the main theater. Maybe it will be 4PM, when there really isn't much of anything going on. I have cruised many times on Carnival, and there are times there is nothing going on, other than Trivia or Bingo. Gives folks an option of something else to do.

I agree. I read the article, and it doesn't state what time the finals will be taking place in the main theater. Maybe it will be 4PM, when there really isn't much of anything going on. I have cruised many times on Carnival, and there are times there is nothing going on, other than Trivia or Bingo. Gives folks an option of something else to do.

I would hope that is how they would do it but remember love and marriage show used to be in the afternoon before they realized they could move it to the evening and skip professional entertainment for that night.

Problem is they eliminating good professional entertainment for stuff such as Hasbro in the evening.

Can easily not go to one venue but often Hasbro same evening as no comedy and piano bar entertainer is off leaving not much else going on that night.

We cruised over Christmas and there were plenty of entertainment options each night, including the nights that included Hasbro.

We cruised over Christmas and there were plenty of entertainment options each night, including the nights that included Hasbro.

That would be ok but on several of our latest cruises there were very limited options on Hasbro nights.

We are easily entertained but when DW and I look at each other and say what do ou want to do and go back in our cabin for the evening by 9 30 entertainment has failed.

Well said from a country that pushes a rock down some ice and sweeps in front of it. I prefer quality for my dollar not another drunk option for no talents.

Well that is an intelligent response, especially given that the USA is involved in curling as well.

That would be ok but on several of our latest cruises there were very limited options on Hasbro nights.

We are easily entertained but when DW and I look at each other and say what do ou want to do and go back in our cabin for the evening by 9 30 entertainment has failed.

Given the number of people participating in the various entertainment options, I would say you and your wife are in the minority.

Given how few people were at Hasbro on the two evenings we went dont think so.

I have never even bothered to watch Hasbro, watched a glimpse on the TV once.

Edited by BoDidly