Not to be missed MDR entrees

CCC3

I loved the mojo pork chop and the tiger shrimp. My son loves the duck. I've never tried the lamb and I finally realized that I just don't like prime rib. I've had it from 3 different places (including the MDR) and didn't like it. The short rib dish was also pretty good.

Vidalia Onion Tart wasnt an entree though was it? :confused: The OP asked for not to miss entree suggestions. if we are talking about sides or apps too, I have MANY suggestions :D Escargot for one!

You're right, Vidalia Onion Tart was a starter.

To further deviate from entrees, I miss the Scallop Risotto too.

Duck is my absolutely all-time favorite.

They took it off the current menu - but reviewing the new menu - duck is back. Hope the new menus go fleet-wide sooner than later. I miss the duck.

Lamb shank, rack of lamb, beef tenderloin, some pasta dishes (they vary), short ribs. In general, I do not like most of the fish on any cruise, but if you are ever at Murano on Celebrity, the Dover sole (served table side) is probably one of the best fish entrees I have ever had anywhere...to die for !!!:D

Kangaroo steak on the Australian menu,

I recently watched an episode of Mighty Ships that showed the chef preparing kangaroo steak on a Celebrity ship! I thought that was so cool! Makes me want to do an Australian cruise even more now!

I enjoyed several pasta entrées last cruise but I don't recall what they were (stuffed shells, maybe... canelloni?...) Anyway, delish. I don't eat lamb or duck, so can't recommend them, but I mean order what you want, order 2 different items! Enjoy your dinners in the dining room. If you don't care for something, ask for something else.

Your "don't miss" may be my "don't eat", as I said before. :D hehe

The best advice going -- if you don't care for something, just ask your waiter for something else.

Last week on Empress we did enjoy the crab cakes, the French Onion soup, chicken cordon bleu and of course the chocolate chip cookies.

[quote name='#1Nanna']Does anyone know on an 8 night cruise, when the prime rib is served? Is it on a formal night?[/quote]
There's no way to know for sure unless the ship has been doing the same itinerary and we got reports from folks on that itinerary.

[quote name='sellwingri']Anyone know what kangaroo steak tastes like? We're going on an Australian/South Pacific island cruise in Jan 2018 and this entree may be interesting......[/quote]
Tastes like chicken.

Could not resist. Edited by clarea

• 1 month later...

I know the OP asked about entrees, so my favorite MDR meal may not really fit the category. But I often skip the entree altogether, and order 2 or 3 appetizers and a salad instead. That leaves enough room for two desserts--my favorite part of dinner and something I rarely eat at home.

I've learned to expect "a lecture" from the waiter, who seems to be personally offended when I decline an entree. But then he sees my eyes light up when he brings me two desserts, and all is forgiven!

I know the OP asked about entrees, so my favorite MDR meal may not really fit the category. But I often skip the entree altogether, and order 2 or 3 appetizers and a salad instead. That leaves enough room for two desserts--my favorite part of dinner and something I rarely eat at home.

I've learned to expect "a lecture" from the waiter, who seems to be personally offended when I decline an entree. But then he sees my eyes light up when he brings me two desserts, and all is forgiven!

I typically order two appetizers with salad anyway.....and have thought to not order a main course, but I always find something interesting to try. Dessert is not my favorite on the Royal menu....but my waiters are always willing to get me chocolate chip cookies, which works for me.