Allure chops or Giovanni????

Jmeyers

My son and DIL just got off Allure last week. Chops has been their favourite restaurant for years. This time they were so disappointed. Appetizers were very good, DIL had lobster that was very good but son paid the extra for the top notch steak which he was very disappointed in. They said the deserts were horrible. They will go some place else next time.

For us, a year ago it was Giovani's. Last week on our Liberty cruise, we chose Chops. The menu seemed to be different than last year at Giovani's and we were not fans. We had a fabulous meal at Chops. Our steaks were cooked to perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For us, a year ago it was Giovani's. Last week on our Liberty cruise, we chose Chops. The menu seemed to be different than last year at Giovani's and we were not fans. We had a fabulous meal at Chops. Our steaks were cooked to perfection.

I agree we still liked Giovanni's but different menu, Navigator me menu was better, and Chops I thought was much better on Liberty than Navigator

I agree we still liked Giovanni's but different menu, Navigator me menu was better, and Chops I thought was much better on Liberty than Navigator

I thought the food overall was much better on Liberty than Navigator. We were pleasantly surprised!

Although the menus of both are the same fleet wide, the quality of the meal you receive often varies between the ships and even can vary as between different kitchen staff. For example on more than one occasion doing a back to back and visiting the same restaurant on both, when the kitchen staff changed so did the quality of our meal. It seems Chops is more susceptible for this to happen.

First, the peppered bacon appetizer is melt-in-your-mouth delicious!:p

Second, the filet is perfect medium rare! Don't waste the extra $$ on a hand-rubbed aged steak - not worth it IMO!:rolleyes:

Third, I try to avoid over-salted food (due to ankle swelling) while cruising, so a lot of pasta is off limits, as I hear pasta is the most salted food on cruises! Of course, so is shrimp but, hey, who can avoid eating shrimp? Not me!:cool:

Enjoy your meal!!!!!!!!!!:p