Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I am starting to wonder if the new Quantum Class Ship will go to Asia Pacific region with the massive down turn in cruises in China. Also Voyager of the Seas now on sale in Singapore September and October 2018.Shenzhen season not happening August 2018.

Considering she is supposed to be "Asianized" from the factory, probably not much choice but to send her there. If the market sours enough, it's the other ships which will be pulled, not Passion.

I think it would be great if they send a Quantum class ship year round to Oz!:)

I sure hope not. They are way to big for most of the ports in Australia, NZ and the Islands and some of us still travel to see things and not use the ship as the destination. There is no way they can tender that many people off at Aussie ports in a timely manner.

I would much prefer to see a Voyager or Freedom class all year round and a Mega ship for part of the year. This gives us all a better choice.

It is said that the Passion of the Seas (If her name is really this) will be designed for the Asian-Pacific Market, now if Australia is included in that market, then maybe there wouldn't be so many change, Or else the same thing will happen to Majestic Princess.

Passion of The Seas re-positioning cruise will most likely follow Quantum and Ovation route itineraries and timeframe so you can gauge when the ship will start its cruise to Asia.

It's done at CoCo Cay - don't know why it wouldn't work elsewhere.

One port might be ok, the majority of ports would not. Also, no one plans tours on Coco Cay so it doesn't matter if you don't get off at a reasonable time. Now, if you are booked on a private tour and have to wait hours to get off the ship, that is a huge problem.

It's done at CoCo Cay - don't know why it wouldn't work elsewhere.

It took them 4.5 hours to tender everybody off Explorer at Mystery Island last year. I guess you'd have to ask RCL management why they're so inefficient here...

I know the common comment around here, is to book as soon as possible on opening day, but the cost of not doing so - OMG - who can afford these rooms if you don't book on opening day.

Case in point - I booked a cruise on Symphony on opening morning - maybe within minutes of it being available.

I booked on the US web site and got an A1 Aqua Theatre suite for ~US$13K, about A$18K, at the same time, the Australian web site had the room for A$24K.

With the current sale on, the room is now selling for A$64,997 for the A1 and A$64,507 (US$52,035) for the A2 - who would pay that amount for a 7 day cruise?

That's 400% increase from opening day until now.

I booked on the US web site and got an A1 Aqua Theatre suite for ~US$13K, about A$18K, at the same time, the Australian web site had the room for A$24K.

- who would pay that amount for a 7 day cruise?

Same could be asked for the price you paid.

When should I expect to see Alaska for Summer of 2019 released?

Looking at all options but Royal seems to release much later than the others... Would prefer Royal or Celebrity, but still keeping all options open for now.

When should I expect to see Alaska for Summer of 2019 released?

Looking at all options but Royal seems to release much later than the others... Would prefer Royal or Celebrity, but still keeping all options open for now.

March/April 2018.

Same could be asked for the price you paid.

You are kidding right - when you travel 9200 miles to go from Australia to Miami, why would you want to book an inside room and go as cheep as possible? If you can't get to Florida easily, wouldn't you want to make sure the trip is special? Its not as if we just look outside and see cruise ships going past and think why not go on a cruise this week.

Especially to get on the largest cruise ship in the world. And when you consider the cost of two connecting balcony rooms because my son and daughter are not sharing a fold-out bed! Plus double cruise points, drinks packages for 4, plus internet for 4, plus unlimited speciality dining for 4, plus free room service, plus priority boarding, plus coastal kitchen for breakfast and lunch, plus reserved seats at all the shows - because its not as if we are ever going to see an Oasis class ship in Australia any time soon. When you only have 1 cruise a year, to ports you have never been to before and not likely to get to again, to maximise time in port, yes you make it special - so for a Star class suite - you bet I think US$13K was super cheap.

Is that per person? If not, how many in suite?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

All prices were for 4 people total, including tips and taxes.

A$ prices always includes tips because the cruise lines know how much we Australians like tipping, and the US$ prices as well as the star suites includes tips.

When you only have 1 cruise a year, to ports you have never been to before and not likely to get to again, to maximise time in port, yes you make it special - so for a Star class suite - you bet I think US$13K was super cheap.

Again, you may consider it cheap - others would not think of spending $13K on a week cruise.

Yep, I live in QLD and there is no way I would pay $13,000 for a week cruising from the US. I'm with John&Lala in a $10,000 JR suite for the 41 days cruise :D:D

Hi Jo

Wow, is that in US?

We are doing the 41 days in a JS too, and it is nearly AU$17,000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, I live in QLD and there is no way I would pay $13,000 for a week cruising from the US. I'm with John&Lala in a $10,000 JR suite for the 41 days cruise :D:D

Half my friends think I take too many cruises a year (4-6) but my means allows for it. While I sure could not afford $13k for a week cruise as that is way outside my means - for someone else it may not be. It really all comes down to how much money one has. If someone can afford to pay $13k for a week cruise - I think that is great and I hope they have a grand time!

It all comes down to how much each of us can afford. Where I think the problem comes in is those that cannot afford it - but go into debt to do it. Now that is another story all together.

SaveSave