Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Yes, there are a few.

Though it'd be likely Sembawang in Singapore where they already have a relationship.

Oh OK...thanks. I was just hoping that there may be a chance of having any different ship here in Europe as we have had the same old, same old for the last few years with the exception of the newer ship and thier short Summer season! :)

Just read on line that TUI is sending TUI Discovery (ex Splendour of the Seas) to Southampton in 2018. Since Navigator and Indy are back for a 3rd year in a row in 2018, this may have an impact on RCI bookings as people are fed up with the same ships each year. There are over 20 ships in the fleet, please give us something different RCI!:(

Just read on line that TUI is sending TUI Discovery (ex Splendour of the Seas) to Southampton in 2018. Since Navigator and Indy are back for a 3rd year in a row in 2018, this may have an impact on RCI bookings as people are fed up with the same ships each year. There are over 20 ships in the fleet, please give us something different RCI!:(

Didn't they send the Anthem there a few years ago and then there was a lot of complaining with a large number of people wanting the Indy back?

Didn't they send the Anthem there a few years ago and then there was a lot of complaining with a large number of people wanting the Indy back?

Yes Anthem was in Southampton in 2015 when she was 1st launched and yes Indy is a popular ship amongst UK cruisers but my point is not 3 years in a row (2016, 2017 & 2018!)

People could always fly outside of England and go on something different.. just a thought

And coming from Northern Ireland I have to fly regardless. But a £75 flight is a lot nicer than £300 flight to Europe or £500 flight to US on top of the price of the cruise!

Ships don't bother us, itineraries do, so the same old same old is why we don't sale out of Southampton a lot these days.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Yes Anthem was in Southampton in 2015 when she was 1st launched and yes Indy is a popular ship amongst UK cruisers but my point is not 3 years in a row (2016, 2017 & 2018!)

Freedom was in Port Canaveral almost 10 years. They also seem to be basing Indy's refurbished on the British market studies, so I think she's staying

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Freedom was in Port Canaveral almost 10 years. They also seem to be basing Indy's refurbished on the British market studies, so I think she's staying

I don't mind if Indy stays as it's getting refurbed soon but I just want Navigator to go and to get something else instead!

The reason people complained about Anthem coming over to Southampton wasn't because the ship was different, but because it was such a NEW ship, RC thought it appropriate to charge EVEN MORE for the cruises. When you compare the cost of a cruise out of Barcelona or Rome with what they charge out of Southampton as it is (which is about a 50% price hike), then add on the 'new ship' premium and Anthem cruises were double the price than anything else in Europe. It was ridiculous. So yes, there were complaints about Anthem when she was out of Southampton but it was to do with the crazy pricing!

The reason people complained about Anthem coming over to Southampton wasn't because the ship was different, but because it was such a NEW ship, RC thought it appropriate to charge EVEN MORE for the cruises. When you compare the cost of a cruise out of Barcelona or Rome with what they charge out of Southampton as it is (which is about a 50% price hike), then add on the 'new ship' premium and Anthem cruises were double the price than anything else in Europe. It was ridiculous. So yes, there were complaints about Anthem when she was out of Southampton but it was to do with the crazy pricing!

Dynamic dining might also have been a factor - I know a lot of people didn't appreciate the concept.

Three years for the same ships is a short time!

RC is not big on moving ships around. Not sure if it is cost or they just don't have imagination. San Juan has had the same ship (Adventure) for the last 15 years! So same Voyager class ship for 15 years (with the exception of about an 18 month period it went to Europe). San Juan has had a RD class during winter season for 16 yrssrs also. They have rotated but they only rotate every 5 years or so! Finally, in May 2018 San Juan is getting Freedom. So after 16 years of the same clas of ship/same specific ship....San Juan gets a change.

Three years for the same ships is a short time!

RC is not big on moving ships around. Not sure if it is cost or they just don't have imagination. San Juan has had the same ship (Adventure) for the last 15 years! So same Voyager class ship for 15 years (with the exception of about an 18 month period it went to Europe). San Juan has had a RD class during winter season for 16 yrssrs also. They have rotated but they only rotate every 5 years or so! Finally, in May 2018 San Juan is getting Freedom. So after 16 years of the same clas of ship/same specific ship....San Juan gets a change.

But have the itineraries changed?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I've been biting my tongue to keep from repeating myself ad nauseum. :D No RCI ship for almost 7 years, other than the occasional repositioning sail by.:(

I would vote for a ship for CA! I have to fly to every cruise....so why not CA????:D