Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I just booked JOS WB Rome - San Juan 12 days. I hope this time I'll actually get to sail in 9256. I've booked it in the past, but each time I've had to cancel. Crossing my fingers that third time is the charm!

We had 9256 for 12 nights on Serenade a few years ago. You will love it! :) I'll keep my fingers crossed that your trip works out for you this time around!

Well, tried the number on the site. Before I could tell what cruise I wanted for next year, she told me it would be out by Friday. I,am so confused right now and don't feel like calling back again. Has anyone managed to book Brilliance yet?

Cindy

You should call Crown and Anchor. They may have thought you were a new customer.

Do you mind my asking what the price range was? We were thinking of switching over from Royal Princess to this sailing.

Cabin total 2B (Large Ocean View Balcony formerly Cat D1) was just under $4800)

but we have $375 balcony discount, Itinerary was great and included Holyhead Wales, where we have never been.

A big thanks to all the informative Cruise Critic posters. Have checked multiple times this week and during so called Europe I deployment week for Rhapsody cruises from Venice. Today I spoke with an online TA whom I've used in the past who called me at 1:15 and said she had talked to 3 different folks at RCI who told her the cruises had not been loaded for booking. She was surprised I even knew what sailing dates were for cruises we wanted.

Just as I hung up from her and was starting to call RCI, I got a call from a very helpful RCI cruise planner who booked B2B Rhapsody sailings in aft JS for me. Prices are higher than I usually pay but not as bad as I expected after doing mock booking on Navigator.

Just booked (via phone, not available on site yet) Brilliance, 14 night, Baltic. May 1st.

Was after JS1100 for our 40th wedding anniversary, but GS1600 was only $159 more, so I jumped at it. We've never cruised in a GS. The C&A rep suggested I jump on it stating that the price difference could easily be made up in perks and CL drinks. Needless to say, we're happy dancing around here!

Cabin total 2B (Large Ocean View Balcony formerly Cat D1) was just under $4800)

but we have $375 balcony discount, Itinerary was great and included Holyhead Wales, where we have never been.

Thank you! Cheaper than the inside cabin we booked on Princess! :o Looks like I'll be calling on my break.

Cindy, I was able to book Brilliance by calling crown and Anchor.

Rita

Thanks for letting me know. I'll wait for sailing to show up online, balconies are too expensive and it's risky to book in USD. I'll book my interior online :) And if I get the same rep....... [emoji33]

Cindy

Just called and found out pricing for both TAs. I like the Vision better but the pricing scared me, which I figured it would since I'm going solo. Will probably book when they get loaded into the website or just do a regular European cruise instead ... itching to see Barcelona.

What are the ports please, if you don't mind? I'm deciding between Jewel and Vision.

I haven't heard what Vision's WB ports are. It's a 13 night sailing from Barcelona to Miami departing on 10/18/18. When I spoke to them JS 8588 was still open. Price was around 3700 USD for two with CA discount. The JOS itinerary I booked from Rome for 11/5/18 is 12 nights stopping in Valencia, Lisbon and the Azores before San Juan.

The CA agent checked for Brilliance sailings in Sept/Oct 2018 but they weren't up yet.

Edited by MindyJohn

Just called and found out pricing for both TAs. I like the Vision better but the pricing scared me, which I figured it would since I'm going solo. Will probably book when they get loaded into the website or just do a regular European cruise instead ... itching to see Barcelona.

If I were you, I would grab it now. If price goes down you can get the new price. They typically go up after they have been released. I would grab my favorite cabin and go for it knowing I could cancel or get the price drop.

Just booked (via phone, not available on site yet) Brilliance, 14 night, Baltic. May 1st.

Was after JS1100 for our 40th wedding anniversary, but GS1600 was only $159 more, so I jumped at it. We've never cruised in a GS. The C&A rep suggested I jump on it stating that the price difference could easily be made up in perks and CL drinks. Needless to say, we're happy dancing around here!

Good for you - that sounds awesome!

Barcelona is stunning..you will love it.

Thank you so much

Cindy

Not a prob...much of the info I used came from the good people contributing to this roll last year and especially this one.

Bob (Clarea) thanks for setting me straight on the Roll Call starter. I feel stupid but am happy today; we were going to be 2 points shy of Diamond after our spring/'18!transatlantic we just booked but because it is a 14-nighter we will be Diamond after ut instead of our current "Rusty Scrap Steel" status.

If I were you, I would grab it now. If price goes down you can get the new price. They typically go up after they have been released. I would grab my favorite cabin and go for it knowing I could cancel or get the price drop.

Oh yeah, I am going to book it or something LOL I think I'm just spoiled by the pricing I got last year - 10 night Greek Islands cruise for $1600 inside - I will never see that again! I just checked a 7 night Symphony and the inside is $2400.

I want to see all of Europe loaded first and then go from there.