2017 Grandeur Refurbishment

niceneasy

Thanks Thetrail for the info! Sounds like Grandeur is getting a nice makeover... just in time for our cruise next week!
Great! Timing is everything! Enjoy your cruise! K.O. Will be sailing the grand old gal in August, counting down the days!:D

Good info, but it's not new.

The canvas on deck 10 that's over the skylight areas is probably also being replaced as it was torn a couple of years ago during a storm.

No one said it was. But it IS new to some folks. Also some new kitchen equipment in the MDR and Windjammer, is that old too?....K.O.:confused: Have to laugh at that regarding your comment about the canvas over the skylight area on the pool deck. It has been driving me crazy for a few years now!

Im on this ship Sept 7th 2017!!! anyone who is traveling after the RENO Id love to hear what you think!!! anyone do the Chefs TAble on this ship.. never did.. was thinking it would be fun... thoughts??

I am going on the Grandeur next week. This will be my first cruise and I'm really excited. I have seen a lot of great reviews written about the ship. I know the ship doesn't have all the bells and whistles but I feel like it is a good way to try a cruise to see if we like it. I will be sure to update on what was done and post some pictures of the refurbishments especially the pool deck when I come back.

I am going on the Grandeur next week. This will be my first cruise and I'm really excited. I have seen a lot of great reviews written about the ship. I know the ship doesn't have all the bells and whistles but I feel like it is a good way to try a cruise to see if we like it. I will be sure to update on what was done and post some pictures of the refurbishments especially the pool deck when I come back.

Please do post pictures and menus too if possible! We are just three weeks away on our first non-Caribbean cruise.

I'll be getting onboard this Saturday for a 5 night Bermuda cruise. Looking forward to a refreshed ship. This is my third Grandeur cruise and all three have been to Bermuda love this ship it is the perfect size ship for me.

I'll be getting onboard this Saturday for a 5 night Bermuda cruise. Looking forward to a refreshed ship. This is my third Grandeur cruise and all three have been to Bermuda love this ship it is the perfect size ship for me.

Could you post some pictures and other stuff before Thursday when I board? I really have no clue what to expect since I have never been on a cruise before

We'll be on that cruise also. Can't wait! I will post lots of pics.

Could you post some pictures and other stuff before Thursday when I board? I really have no clue what to expect since I have never been on a cruise before

Hi Coop2667! I am new to cruising too and didn't know what to expect so I wanted to tell you the "live reviews" really helped me a lot. Not only are they informative and full of good information, but they are amusing and help get you excited about your cruise! You can search for threads with your ship name and live review in the name. I even like reading them about other ships too!

Here is a link to one of my favorites and it is about the Grandeur.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2373491

Lisa N.

We did our first cruise last May on Lady Grandeur and it was the best vacation we have ever had. The service and staff were absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see her again this August after her makeover. Please post some pics!

I would LOVE if they replaced the shower curtain with the doors! I can't get my wife to sail on grandeur anymore (and we live in Baltimore!) because she can't stand when the shower curtain sticks to you in the shower LOL. She says there are plenty of other ships without the shower curtain ;) It's so convenient though because we are 15 minutes away from the pier.

I would LOVE if they replaced the shower curtain with the doors! I can't get my wife to sail on grandeur anymore (and we live in Baltimore!) because she can't stand when the shower curtain sticks to you in the shower LOL. She says there are plenty of other ships without the shower curtain ;) It's so convenient though because we are 15 minutes away from the pier.

Well, you could book an Owner's Suite on Grandeur with the separate glass shower.:)

Well, you could book an Owner's Suite on Grandeur with the separate glass shower.:)

awwww man! If I could just convince her that paying a thousand more means no sticky shower curtain! ;)

Plenty of room, even with the shower curtain, in the JS or GS with the tub. haven't had one touch me while showering in either cabin type.

Looking forward to sailing on Lady G again in 9 weeks. GS with a tub and shower curtain. If only we could have left the kids at home this time. :)

Plenty of room, even with the shower curtain, in the JS or GS with the tub. haven't had one touch me while showering in either cabin type.

Looking forward to sailing on Lady G again in 9 weeks. GS with a tub and shower curtain. If only we could have left the kids at home this time. :)

Agreed! We did a GS last fall on Rhapsody and are doing a GS this week on Grandeur. Never had a shower curtain issue.

Bathtub is great but short people like me need a step stool to get in it. Fortunately, it's a problem that I quickly adjust to since I'm now not just addicted to cruising but also to cruising in Grand Suites.