2017 Grandeur Refurbishment

niceneasy

One more note on the cruise they have gotten very stingy with the amount of alcohol in the drinks. Every bar I went to was strictly enforcing their one small shot per drink. I asked a staff member and was told they are being watched and better not get caught pouring a heavy drink and no a little extra tip won't change that.

Not surprised. When I managed Bar/Restaurant 32 yrs ago we counted every shot per bottle. That was petty easy, now when I managed a Burger King chain, ever patty, bun, slice of cheese, tomatoe slice was counted at end of nite. Off by 5 of an item, recount... Now back to the alcohol issue, I don't drink anymore but have as many friends like extra in their drinks as do ones say flavor is ruined by extra. Be nice if they are consistent though everyone has own preference...

On Grandeur now. Have not, as of yet, been around most of the ship. Can tell that she has been painted on the outside as you approach the pier -- nice and shiny. See a new curtain on the South Pacific Lounge stage. No new bed in our cabin. That's all I see for now. Katherine

Also forgot to mention on the May 13th cruise to Bermuda there was a problem with the propulsion system and as a result we did not sail until almost 7:30 pm. The Captain announced they had engineers on board who were working on the issue as we finally sailed. As we approached Bermuda they announced they would be doing some testing of the systems but thought it was fixed.

This is a terrific thread, thanks to everyone on board for filling us in on the refurb. Can anyone let me know if they fixed up the arcade at all? I'm cruising this summer with two kids and read a few negative reviews that the arcade machines were broken and there were only two or three of them which were the stupid ones with the claw arm where you try to pick up a stuffed animal( the LAST thing I need!) I am hoping they repaired or replaced what other have said to be a pretty non-existent arcade, even though RCI promotes one.

Thanks in advance for any valuable "intel".

Cheers!

(July 13-22, 2017)

Thought someone on here said they replaced the lower bed frames last year & you could now fit luggage under them...

It was reported that they were starting to replace them. We were in a JS in April and the bed was firm and comfy, but it was still the low frame.

Yes new LED at the pool and we has a balcony room with the Same old low lumpy bed.
Funny my sister and her husband are on your cruise and they think the beds are great. They are brand new mattresses. They are in a JS.:D

We were on the "Lady G" for a B2B in February. We were on Deck 3 Interior Cabin and we had not only new frames (our luggage fit perfectly under the bed without having to lift up the frame) but a new mattress. Maybe they're replacing one deck at a time.

The Grandeur is our favorite ship - we love old and small, having sailed on every class ship. We have her booked for 5 more sailings 2017-2018. More if we could!

We were on the "Lady G" for a B2B in February. We were on Deck 3 Interior Cabin and we had not only new frames (our luggage fit perfectly under the bed without having to lift up the frame) but a new mattress. Maybe they're replacing one deck at a time.

The Grandeur is our favorite ship - we love old and small, having sailed on every class ship. We have her booked for 5 more sailings 2017-2018. More if we could!

If you don't mind me asking, what cabin were you in? We also have a Deck 3 Interior coming up on the next one. Tnx

If you don't mind me asking, what cabin were you in? We also have a Deck 3 Interior coming up on the next one. Tnx

Over the yrs we've been in many cabins on Deck 3. Here are a few that we've been in: 3073, 3575, 3071, Deck 2 2083. We generally sail on the Grandeur several times a yr always on Deck 2 & 3. Deck 2 is very quiet since usually only folks with cabins on this deck are in the hallways. Also Interior cabins on the higher decks tend to be layout sideways - not are favorite, thus we always book te lower decks. I hope this helps! As I've said before, the Grandeur is our favorite ship with super friendly staff, thus the reason we sail her so often.

Another bonus - Baltimore cruise Terminal is the most efficient organized port!

Over the yrs we've been in many cabins on Deck 3. Here are a few that we've been in: 3073, 3575, 3071, Deck 2 2083. We generally sail on the Grandeur several times a yr always on Deck 2 & 3. Deck 2 is very quiet since usually only folks with cabins on this deck are in the hallways. Also Interior cabins on the higher decks tend to be layout sideways - not are favorite, thus we always book te lower decks. I hope this helps! As I've said before, the Grandeur is our favorite ship with super friendly staff, thus the reason we sail her so often.

Thank you. We were on her last September. It was my wife's first cruise, my third. Both first timers on Grandeur though (we live 2.5 hours away) - We were in 3581 and we LOVED IT!!! We have two more book on Lady G. Same cabin.

Only been there once and going again in Oct. but the one time we did GOS out of Baltimore, my wife and I had passport issues. Our fault, not RCI. Anyway, the people working the terminal were very attentive to our plight and we solved the problem very quickly. When we got back, we wrote a nice letter to RCI/terminal thanking everyone for their help.

What?? We sailed out of Baltimore last summer and we waited in line to park for over an hour :confused:. Don't even get me started on the lines inside the terminal, either. Even New York is better.

We sailed on May 13 th and the boarding process was really bad. It took us sitting in line 45 minutes just to drop off our luggage then another 45 minutes to get to the check in booth in the terminal. All together just over two hours to actually start to board. We have sailed seven other times out of Baltimore and normally the entire arrival and boarding process takes 30 minutes or less. Also the muster drill was very disorganized and took 45 minutes which is way longer than all our previous drills. On top of that the ship even though it just came from dry dock has what the captain said was propulsion problems and we did not depart until 7:30pm instead of the scheduled 4:00pm.