Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

So we also got an upgrade offer for one of the people in our group that has a mini suite to haven on the Escape for 12-24.

H2 Owners Min bid $1000

H4 2 Bedroom Family min bid $600

Spa and others $400

Should I just bid minimum on these as well? If we got the two bedroom family cabin could some of the other people come and sleep in the other bedroom for a few of the nights but not use the Haven facilities?

They seem to be awarding the bids about a week prior to sailing. Watch your emails. Some have said they have seen it charged to their credit card first. Good luck, and have a wonderful cruise:D

I received it on Thursday, about 9 days before sail date. Upgraded to the H5 cabin. We have 2 cabins, and they actually upgraded both within 10 minutes of each other, and they put us in cabins right next to each other! I was strategic in my bid, as they had the most availability for this cabin type. We have 2 cabins, so we really didn't need a suite. We have only sailed on NCL once, and we were in the Haven 2 bedroom suite, but the second bedroom was tiny. So happy to be upgraded.

Edited by Unicorn38

So we also got an upgrade offer for one of the people in our group that has a mini suite to haven on the Escape for 12-24.

H2 Owners Min bid $1000

H4 2 Bedroom Family min bid $600

Spa and others $400

Should I just bid minimum on these as well? If we got the two bedroom family cabin could some of the other people come and sleep in the other bedroom for a few of the nights but not use the Haven facilities?

Depends how much you want to upgrade. Those low prices to upgrade are pretty good considering the retail prices they're asking. I'm guessing there is a lot of availability because of the outrageous price tag. Personally I would always try to upgrade, so I would probably add 50% to the minimum. But its your money, I can't spend it for you :-)

P.S. I paid $1,000 pp to upgrade from a BF to a Haven Spa on the Epic NYE sailing. That ship does not do the bidding process, you just call the upsell line. We specifically wanted 14151 because of the jumbo balcony. I could have waited a week or two and probably paid $500 pp, but by that point they were all gone.

Edited by MikeBTN

I received it on Thursday, about 9 days before sail date. Upgraded to the H5 cabin. We have 2 cabins, and they actually upgraded both within 10 minutes of each other, and they put us in cabins right next to each other! I was strategic in my bid, as they had the most availability for this cabin type. We have 2 cabins, so we really didn't need a suite. We have only sailed on NCL once, and we were in the Haven 2 bedroom suite, but the second bedroom was tiny. So happy to be upgraded.

That is so awesome! Very happy for you!

Perhaps they do have a human (not computer) aspect to the actual awards and someone was smart enough to put your cabins side by side. Hope you have a great cruise!

Thank you Sand and Seas! We are thrilled. I was worried, as they said the bids are individual if each other, and one cabin could get upgraded and not the other. We decided to take the risk, and it paid off. I do think a person is looking at these, as they did put us together. Enjoy your holidays!

Thank you Sand and Seas! We are thrilled. I was worried, as they said the bids are individual if each other, and one cabin could get upgraded and not the other. We decided to take the risk, and it paid off. I do think a person is looking at these, as they did put us together. Enjoy your holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello -

I did get mine this afternoon today as well. So Thank You for the notes on timing.

It's an interesting proposition. The face message has one "FROM PP" value which is what I would characterize as a 'too good to be true amount' once you dive into the layer of 'how does the meter actually look'.

After dropping in those teaser amounts I entered a 'fair' amount, but do not expect to advance under this particular program.

If I do I will shout it to all of you from the HAVEN DECK!!!:D

Edited by MizDemeanor

Hello -

It's an interesting proposition. The face message has one "FROM PP" value which is what I would characterize as a 'too good to be true amount' once you dive into the layer of 'how does the meter actually look'.

After dropping in those teaser amounts I entered a 'fair' amount, but do not expect to advance under this particular program.

If I do I will shout it to all of you from the HAVEN DECK!!!:D

Some are getting the Haven for a great price....but I'm not going too high on my bids. Be patient as most aren't hearing if they are accepted until about a week prior to sailing. If they are accepting your offers before that it may have been you bid TOO much:eek:

Good luck!

Edited by Sand and Seas
correction

Some are getting the Haven for a great price....but I'm not going too high on my bids. Be patient as most aren't hearing if they are accepted until about a week prior to sailing. If they are accepting your offers before that it may have been you bid TOO much:eek:

Good luck!

That would be terrible 🤑

I booked my cruise late and didn't think I got this email. I was randomly searching my email and found two emails to upgrade. I did the process but I am probably too late. I tried to do a fake booking to check availability and the whole Haven is sold out. I wonder if they already assigned to bidders or if it is truly sold out?

We leave on the 8th of January. I am sad I missed the email when they sent it.