Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

I booked my cruise late and didn't think I got this email. I was randomly searching my email and found two emails to upgrade. I did the process but I am probably too late. I tried to do a fake booking to check availability and the whole Haven is sold out. I wonder if they already assigned to bidders or if it is truly sold out?

We leave on the 8th of January. I am sad I missed the email when they sent it.

Good luck but probably too late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I recall reading that if you upgrade to a haven through the bidding, your original perks are what you get. You will not get all the free stuff that someone who paid regular price for a haven would get. My question is how would the staff in the haven restaurant or lounge know who has free drinks etc. and who doesn't?

I recall reading that if you upgrade to a haven through the bidding, your original perks are what you get. You will not get all the free stuff that someone who paid regular price for a haven would get. My question is how would the staff in the haven restaurant or lounge know who has free drinks etc. and who doesn't?

You need to provide your room card to the Haven bar just like any other bar on the ship. The bartenders in there are great and will usually remember what you like and also recommend drinks they think you will enjoy.

Your included perks are printed directly on your Freestyle card. In the top right under the Haven logo it states in bold if you have the dining and beverage package. For example, on my Sept cruise on the Breakaway I booked directly into the Haven so we got all 4 offers at that time (3x dining, Ultimate Beverage, Prepaid Grats and internet package). On my card in bold it says "3UDP-UBP." Any crew member can see your perks just by glancing at the card. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for those that have successfully bid up into haven:

Do they reverse the charges for UBP and SDP from your account? It seems haven customer do not pay the service charges for the perks, and I cannot find a clear answer as to if they reverse them.

I do know that you don't get ANY extra perks, etc.

Thank you,

You keep whatever perks you had to begin with. The biggest benefit with Haven is the private bar and restaurant. If you had UBP and UDP prior to upgrade then you keep them.

I understand that you keep the perks, what I want to know is do they reverse the service charges for those perks, since Haven customers do not get charged service charges on their perks.

I understand that you keep the perks, what I want to know is do they reverse the service charges for those perks, since Haven customers do not get charged service charges on their perks.

not for an upsell but for upgrade they would. though id love to see something to the contrary :)

think about it this way, there's a reason haven gets all the perks, they 'did' pay for them in the form of 2x the fare

No because you are responsible for service charges on the Free at Sea choices you originally booked/chose. IOW,"free" service charges are an extra perk of Haven suites and you only get what you originally booked.

Question for those that have successfully bid up into haven:

Do they reverse the charges for UBP and SDP from your account? It seems haven customer do not pay the service charges for the perks, and I cannot find a clear answer as to if they reverse them.

I do know that you don't get ANY extra perks, etc.

Thank you,

No because you are responsible for service charges on the Free at Sea choices you originally booked/chose. IOW,"free" service charges are an extra perk of Haven suites and you only get what you originally booked.

Thanks for answering this so clearly for me. I would be happy if I was upgraded for what I bid whether I paid it or not.

We bid on all categories and got nothing. We leave in two days and just found out at 1pm that our bids weren't accepted. I thought we bid pretty aggressively but it also looked like the ship was sold out. Our bids were in the fair range .

How did you find out that your bids weren't accepted? I've read here that you don't get notified.

So the post about the launch of the Upgrade Advantage Program makes me ask, has anyone that booked through NCL webpage received an upgrade offer? I'm a little over two weeks out and have been hoping to at least get a chance to try...

I leave on the getaway Sunday and found out Tuesday my bid to go from a BA balcony to a haven spa suite was accepted. I put in the minimum and the meter said I had a poor chance of getting it. Well, I guess no one else bid because I got it for the lowest possible bid $500. No extra perks and my service charge for ubp was not refunded, but I had prepaid gratuities and they did not upcharge for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Pappion

How did you find out that your bids weren't accepted? I've read here that you don't get notified.

They email you and charge your credit card if you are accepted so maybe they called to ask.

Edited by Pappion

I leave on the getaway Sunday and found out Tuesday my bid to go from a BA balcony to a haven spa suite was accepted. I put in the minimum and the meter said I had a poor chance of getting it. Well, I guess no one else bid because I got it for the lowest possible bid $500. No extra perks and my service charge for ubp was not refunded, but I had prepaid gratuities and they did not upcharge for those.

How cute....they put a bid meter in lol

Edited by luvtheships

congrats. let us know if your room has the pole in so we can update the thread on it

on a cold trip i do think the haven is worth it. i didnt have haven on DEC trip and i know it woudl have come in handy with the kids. i had it for OCT trip and did like it but didnt use it too much. 500 is a steal! congrats again.

I booked through TA and our ship is sailing on Jan 28th. Have not receive any email to upgrade so far. I want to call the upsell dept but what do I tell them? I called customer service and the lady told me that she cannot give me the upsell dept number unless I had receive email from them offering me upgrades and since I booked with a TA that I need to contact my TA for any upgrades. Is that true? I have never done anything like this would appreciate any input. We have 5 in our group and currently booked OV, would love to upgrade to haven if possible