Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

Dou you remember some of the price ranges for the higher suites? Do you mind telling us what bid amount they accepted?

I believe that the minimum bids for the H2, H3, and H4 was $500/pp. I think it was $300/pp for the other Haven suites.

I bid $1000/pp which put me in the "fair" category on the bid meter. I debated a long time about whether to go lower, but we had decided we wanted the upgrade, so I went with that amount. Obviously it worked and it's a number I was comfortable with. I think that's all you can expect/ask for - the opportunity to offer what you are okay with. If it works, great. If not, oh well.

I am on the 12/10 sailing on the Escape. Originally booked an H7 way back in like March of 2015. Got an email about the opportunity to bid in an upgrade about 2-3 weeks ago. Put in bid for the H3. Got the email notifying that we had "won" the upgrade a couple days ago.

I'm looking forward to the H3. It's kind of a "only live once" kind of thing. I can't say I got a great deal, although I don't think it's was bad either. But I like having the opportunity, partly because when you pay for the original room over 18 months, the upgrade cost doesn't seem quite so bad. :) Anyway, it does appear that you will be notified, at least in some cases, well before the three days before the cruise deadline they put in the email.

Best thing in the H2 and H3 you will get a few bottles of liquor and unlimited cans sofa in cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Best thing in the H2 and H3 you will get a few bottles of liquor and unlimited cans sofa in cabin

Hahaha cans of soda stupid phone changed my words

Yeah, I'm looking forward to both of those things. And the large balcony looking forward. I know the wind might be an issue, but I think the view will be awesome!!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to both of those things. And the large balcony looking forward. I know the wind might be an issue, but I think the view will be awesome!!

I'm on same sailing 4th time on Escape. The haven on Escape is amazing and the back only in H3 is one of the few large balconies on this ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Our Booking was in Canadian dollars and so was the upgrade email we got to bid on (started at 395 CAD$ (I guess the 300 US$ minimum bid + exchange rate) for H5,H6,H7,H9)

Our bid of 505 CAD$ for an H5 Haven Penthouse was accepted yesterday (5 days ahead) and we have been charged in Canadian dollars at that price (505$ per person)

:)

Our Booking was in Canadian dollars and so was the upgrade email we got to bid on (started at 395 CAD$ (I guess the 300 US$ minimum bid + exchange rate) for H5,H6,H7,H9)

Our bid of 505 CAD$ for an H5 Haven Penthouse was accepted yesterday (5 days ahead) and we have been charged in Canadian dollars at that price (505$ per person)

:)

What category were you in originally?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just booked last night on the Dec 10, 2016 sailing on Escape. I got an invitation to upgrade by email this morning. My TA got it later than me, I did some research and bid on a H5 and H7 before my TA even told me about it.

I usually book my own trips, but wanted to use this TA cause he is awesome! So I get a little ahead of myself sometimes!

Anyway......we are in a Mini Suite now. GTY. I really want the Haven so began at $300pp and already raised it based on what I have seen here. We will see what happens!

I booked through an online agent. (very well known..they keep the PRICE in LINE. I did not receive an offer to bid for an upsell. I called the upsell # this morning to check on my 10/29 Escape cruise. All the agent would tell me is that some travel agents had opted out of the upsell program. She said she did not know which ones. That stinks. Too much red tape as usual.

That's disappointing. I have my first NCL cruise booked thru same TA for next November and I was looking forward to bidding for an upgrade. I lose too much if I cancel the reservation. I think I would lose 100 + 24.95 plus I also already paid for insurance and that's not refundable. What a bummer.

I originally had an inside cabin. I received a chance to bid on window and suite. Later I updated my cabin from inside to window cabin ; just a std cabin category change when the price dropped. I was hoping to get an bidding email offering other bidding but I didn't. Anybody else have experience with this.. did you get a second email?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Disappointed. Got the offering email fairly early. Looked over all the options, discussed in detail of several days and finally decided it may be worth the upgrade if we use the facilities and room despite spending so much more in advance on a mini-suite. We put in our $300 per person bid and waited and waited and waited. Funny because we have been planning our trip as if we are going to be in one of the suites but no follow-up email and at this point I think we have been rejected. :( Wasn't aware I was suppose to go in and manipulate our bid.

I'm going to stick with my bids. I'm watching and there are plenty of suites available. I think it will be much closer to cruise time unless you give them a REALLY high bid and they want to accept it before you change your mind.

Since I'm on the lower end, I figure they will not rush to accept mine just in case new bookings come in .....or too many others go crazy and up their bids every other day:eek:

Either way, I'll be happy with my original balcony or see what they surprise me with.

Did you get the upsell? If so, which cabin did you get and how much?

My cruise is Jan 21st and I've been watching the Haven cabins available. I can't see that they have awarded any of the Haven categories I am watching for. Still lots of availability so I'm going to sit tight and not up my bids. Lots of time left, or I'll enjoy my original angled balcony.

How is it going for those of you whose cruises are coming up sooner?

Ok, if I missed this question in this thread please forgive me. We are on the GA 2/5 how soon might I expect an email offering to bid? I just want to keep my eye open for it in case it goes to my junk mail.

80 days prior to sailing is when the first ones go out.

I just booked Getaway for a last minute Thanksgiving cruise this week. I booked an OV Guarantee. I received the 'bid' offer e-mail titled 'Norweigan's Upgrade Advantage' less than 24 hours later.

For my sailing, the e-mail states that the minimum per person bid for a balcony is $50 and a mini-suite, $100. However, when you go to the link it is pre-set with dollar bids more than double the minimums in the e-mail and the meter at that point only indicates that the doubled amount a 'fair' bid, lol! :eek:

You can change the pre-set bid by moving a slide bar to the right or left to raise or lower your bid. If you lower the bar to the e-mail's suggested minimums, the meter falls to tell you your bid is 'poor'!

The meter reads left to right, 'poor', 'fair', 'good', 'strong' and 'excellent'. The problem is, by the time you bid high enough to get the meter to read 'good', you are already at or higher than the current market value of upgrading to that next category cabin yourself.

So. . .be careful. This system seems to be designed for cruisers who do not do their research. If you go by what the meter tells you is a 'strong' or 'excellent' bid, you will grossly overpay for this holiday sailing!

I just wanted to give an update on my experience. At some point, I went back in and upped my bid to $100pp for a balcony and $175pp for a mini-suite. For the balcony, my bid was still showing as 'poor'. For the mini-suite, the needle sat at the low end of 'fair'.

We sail in four days. Looked at the TA site last night and the cruise appeared sold out. Assumed my bids were too low and went ahead and printed cruise docs.

Imagine my surprise when I got an e-mail about an hour ago that my mini-suite bid had been accepted! It told me to log onto MYNCL to see the new stateroom number and that a further confirmation e-mail would be forthcoming.

Logged on and have been assigned a Spa Mini-Suite on Deck 14!!!! I am beyond excited, because I paid a very, very low price for my original Oceanview Guaranty and had been assigned a cabin on deck 5. Whoo Hoo!

I just wanted to give an update on my experience. At some point, I went back in and upped my bid to $100pp for a balcony and $175pp for a mini-suite. For the balcony, my bid was still showing as 'poor'. For the mini-suite, the needle sat at the low end of 'fair'.

We sail in four days. Looked at the TA site last night and the cruise appeared sold out. Assumed my bids were too low and went ahead and printed cruise docs.

Imagine my surprise when I got an e-mail about an hour ago that my mini-suite bid had been accepted! It told me to log onto MYNCL to see the new stateroom number and that a further confirmation e-mail would be forthcoming.

Logged on and have been assigned a Spa Mini-Suite on Deck 14!!!! I am beyond excited, because I paid a very, very low price for my original Oceanview Guaranty and had been assigned a cabin on deck 5. Whoo Hoo!

And you now get free access to the thermal suite which costs $199.00 pp :):):):)