Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

What do u mean by S&G? It's all about what u want to do personally. We r excited about our bid results

Do they take into consideration the cabin the bidder has already paid for? For example-If I bid 500 on a haven room and I already paid for a PH will I get preference over a person in a balcony room bidding the same 500?

We sail on the Getaway on 11/27 and we have not received an email about bidding. Can we still call for an upgrade or did they do away with that also? We are in an inside gty and had planned to call for an upsell 2 weeks prior.

It seems that they're emailing balcony & mini suite guests first, then emailing OV & inside later. It might still be a little early for you to have received an email. Also I've seen some posts mentioning it went into the spam folder.

Back on my Epic cruise (me,wife,son)....had a balcony, at check in...I asked for an upgrade, they lady said ok, we have Haven available. She said how much you want to spend. I said $1200...she goes, ok...$3600 I can get you in a Haven. I said, no...$1200 total is what I want to spend..she says, you will get a letter yes, no in your room tomorrow if offer accepted.

Does any know if someone already booked in the haven will get a letter to upgrade to a larger haven room?

Yes, we are in a Haven 2 bedroom suite, and we got an email to bid on H2/H3 rooms -- which are bigger square footage but don't hold 6 people (so we didn't bid).

Yes, we are in a Haven 2 bedroom suite, and we got an email to bid on H2/H3 rooms -- which are bigger square footage but don't hold 6 people (so we didn't bid).

These people don't know what's going on they told my TA that if already in haven bids won't be sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My TA called and said haven guests will not get e mails to bid

Just FYI, that's incorrect info. As you can see by the attachment, the email I received for my Nov 27 Getaway cruise says, "As a guest of The Haven, this programs allows you the opportunity to upgrade within The Haven to a more luxurious and spacious suite."

haven.jpg.5d31cb9da33531585134c7b16ada4925.jpg

Edited by kell2150

Anyone get an e-mail bid offer from Escape? CAS just told me that it was only for Getaway and Breakaway. But we all know how that works, whoever answers the phone is usually the last to know. LOL LOL

Emails are going out for Escape - we are on Nov 12 Escape and got the email offer on 9/24 - currently in a mid ship balcony

Just FYI, that's incorrect info. As you can see by the attachment, the email I received for my Nov 27 Getaway cruise says, "As a guest of The Haven, this programs allows you the opportunity to upgrade within The Haven to a more luxurious and spacious suite."

I think the NCL people don't know anything since a third party is sending these out

I think the NCL people don't know anything since a third party is sending these out

The email actually comes from NCL.com, it just links out to a third-party site. So I'd hope NCL knows what they are sending out. (But maybe I have high hopes :) )

Back on my Epic cruise (me,wife,son)....had a balcony, at check in...I asked for an upgrade, they lady said ok, we have Haven available. She said how much you want to spend. I said $1200...she goes, ok...$3600 I can get you in a Haven. I said, no...$1200 total is what I want to spend..she says, you will get a letter yes, no in your room tomorrow if offer accepted.

Was your offer accepted? Hope so!

Is a bid accepted or denied right away, or do you have to wait?

Can you rebid or is it like Priceline where you have to wait several days to rebid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have to wait until 48 hours before sail date. Just like on the international flights like Air Berlin does. I don't think you can rebid

Edited by sjnyc323

I have a TA and got an offer directly to my email.

We are on Dec 03, 2016 Escape cruise and got the email offer on 9/22

- currently in an Inside Stateroom GTY

Same EXACT scenario here, although different sailing.

Booked last-minute, got the offer to bid email and won

a HUGE dirt-cheap upgrade to you know, that section

of the ship where the elevator requires your onboard

key card to take you there!

Good job NCL.

I'm on the 11/6 sailing of the Getaway as well, still no e-mail though....any way you can work it to get the e-mail?

Can you still call Upsell if you don't get e-mail?

No must receive bid offer for upsell on Getaway and Escape