Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

How did you get 3 perks with guarantee room? Do you mind me asking what was the rate and on which sailing? I am looking for a great deal for sometime this year for 3 of us but it seems the only really good deals are minus any of the perks.

thanks

We are on The Getaway 11/6/16. I booked in January (the day the new school calendar came out and I realized my DS has the whole week off!). Just checked my invoice passengers 1 & 2 were 949.00 p/p plus port fees, & the tax on SDP and UBP. Passenger 3 was just port fees/taxes. total not including prepaid gratuities was $2508.00. First time I have ever booked a guarantee but it was such a great rate I bit the bullet!

I tend to keep checking prices after I book, can't help myself. Lol. About two weeks ago they had Mx guarantees available again with the free perks for a day or two.

Good luck! Hope you are able to find something!

Edited by LynnB

Exactly, they can always pull the room from inventory if they keep it open until the last possible day. No benefit to pulling it early. (I also suspect that at some point, the max bid will go away)

They will wait until posted date.

After all, they might still sell it as a new booking for even higher total than the max bid...

The system they use sounds exactly like the one I know from an airline. You can bid for upgrade and even adjust your bid amount until deadline.

Once deadline passes they will charge the cc of the highest bidder(s) and the cabin is sold - no way to decline the upgrade once deadline passes and cc is charged.

The major difference between these auctions and the old way (upsell dept) is that you will not know deck or cabin number beforehand. Major difference other than max profit from all upsells that is...

We finally got an email today to bid on the Haven suites for the Nov 13th sailing. We put in bids. Let's see what happens. Either way we will have a great cruise. I'm happy with the mini-suite we booked, but hey, if there is a chance at the Haven, why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is very interesting... I have a few questions that I don't think I see the answers for.

1) Is there no more upsell department?

2) Are they doing this for all cruises? I leave on the Jewel in 36 days and no word. Also my friends in a higher class cabin haven't heard anything too...

This is very interesting... I have a few questions that I don't think I see the answers for.

1) Is there no more upsell department?

2) Are they doing this for all cruises? I leave on the Jewel in 36 days and no word. Also my friends in a higher class cabin haven't heard anything too...

I believe it is a test for the Escape and Getaway. I would bet if they generate more revenue doing the auctions versus upsells, the upsell department will go by the wayside. Edited by NLH Arizona

We received the email today for our cruise on the Getaway for Halloween. I have put a minimum bid in for a Spa Haven room. Okay if I don't get it but it would be an amazing surprise for my DH for his 55th Birthday!! He is not aware that i have upgraded us to a Mini Suite but Haven Spa would be over the top!

snow bunny

Very interesting thread ..... Now, if I was NCL and totally greedy (sorry, redundant post), I would do the bidding and the Upsell Department.

One month out, I would start the upsells at a predetermined price and not vary, negotiate or lower the price as the sailing approached.

Anything that wasn't sold would then be thrown to the highest bidder.

Do I even actually qualify for these Haven offers they set me since I booked a BX, am currently in a BE and this is one of the terms and conditions?

"4. Upon receipt of an Invitation, you may submit a Bid up to two categories higher than the current class of service category purchased for the original itinerary."

Yeah....a lot of this might be nonsense and just an attempt by NCL to gauge interest/dollar value placed on categories by their customer base since here is another termed condition that might explain why they sent me all these rooms and minimum bids when there are hardly any left and of those that are, it is only in one category.

"10. Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide whether or not to accept your Offer, and it makes no representation that any Guest will be upgraded regardless of whether or not cabins are available in the category for which an Offer is being made."

Obviously they are to an extent: Rule #4 limits you to bidding two cabin classes above current cabin. That still is a bit vague. Do they mean B4 can only go to B2 or any Balcony can go to any Mini Suite or any Haven. I assume then the absolute best an Ocean View can ever do is Mini Suite. I hope this never becomes fleet wide as I will never give them permission to lock me into basically a guaranty cabin, no mater what the level. Current upsell was/is same cost no mater how many classes you increased. Perhaps that wasn't fair, but this is extremely limiting and overly complicated by forcing a trickle down cascade of upselling. I cannot see a circumstance I would want to use it.

Yeah. I was excited but might just skip it entirely or just bid for a mini suite at the $25 minimum.

I wonder if this also indicates that prices will not come down any more as they fill the open cabins with bids.

what ive seen: all upgrade offers starts at the same price 300US....

any idea how the final decision will be done? based on the bid amount or total price paid?

Not sure on the final decision. I would imagine they would take that into consideration to maximize their take but others have said the upset line never did. Who knows? I'm guessing it will be straight highest bidder.

My invite included different "starting bids."

On an unrelated note, I notice your MSC things in your signature. I'm considering that for next year but the reviews are sketchy. Did you like them?

We are currently booked in an H4 (Haven 2 bedroom suite). We are a family of six. We got an email with the opportunity to bid on an H2 or an H3. Those rooms only sleep 4, right? I don't even understand why they would offer this to us.

Which ship? Most H2 and H3 only sleep up to 4 except Escape H2 does 6.

That would be interesting if you did win the bid and then they figure out there are 6 and the room only holds 4.

Do I even actually qualify for these Haven offers they set me since I booked a BX, am currently in a BE and this is one of the terms and conditions?

"4.Upon receipt of an Invitation, you may submit a Bid up to two categories higher than the current class of service category purchased for the original itinerary."

Ok so what do they mean by 2 categories? I am currently in spa balcony. We do t sail til March so won't get a email for a while. Wonder if prices won't lower with this new system

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very strange. I was the one that booked my 11/6 Getaway cruise, but the email was sent to my sister, who is going on the cruise too. I was searching for an email from NCL in my mail and couldn't find the upgrade email. My sister forwarded me the email she received. It comes from upgradeadvantage@ncl.com for those checking their emails.

I checked out the offers for us and have to pass. I don't want a cabin that is way off from an elevator and the cabin I am in now is close to an elevator.

I got the upsell email yesterday. I bid on the spa haven. Minimum bid is 300 on haven except owner and family 2 room which is 750. I don't like they might not tell us until w days before. I might be scrambling for boarding pass and extra money for the butler and concierge.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

I got the upsell email yesterday. I bid on the spa haven. Minimum bid is 300 on haven except owner and family 2 room which is 750. I don't like they might not tell us until w days before. I might be scrambling for boarding pass and extra money for the butler and concierge.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

What cabin type do u currently have