Platinum with gold cabin mate

Lexicat

I have just reached platinum. My cabin mate is gold. What benefits can she share? The princess site says we get a different embarkation process. We are sailing from Melbourne and last cruise we lined up for over an hour in the sun. I hope this will be better now with the platinum status.

Are there any other perks that will apply to both of us?

I have just reached platinum. My cabin mate is gold. What benefits can she share? The princess site says we get a different embarkation process. We are sailing from Melbourne and last cruise we lined up for over an hour in the sun. I hope this will be better now with the platinum status.

Are there any other perks that will apply to both of us?

You can board together in the Platinum group

I think you will be able to go to the same Captains whatever party, we never go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am cruising with my dad later this year, I am gold and he is platinum, we have separate booking references and separate cabins but Princess told me that I can use his priority embarkation privilege with him as we are travelling together.

I am cruising with my dad later this year, I am gold and he is platinum, we have separate booking references and separate cabins but Princess told me that I can use his priority embarkation privilege with him as we are travelling together.

Since you have separate cabins, you will be able to check in with him. However, you would then be sent to different lounges to await boarding.

One thing is that she won't be able to use the disembarkation lounge... they're pretty strict with that. As for the platinum/suite/elite lounge, she'll have to pay full price for her drinks.

Sometimes. It will depend on the staff. I've taken kids to the disembark lounge many times. With their parents who weren't platinum yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ask nicely, and they will probably let you board together.

I have a similar situation where we are staying in a separate room from my platinum mother, and I'm hoping so, because my mom is 78 years old and I would like to make sure I can assist her with her carry-ons etc. Besides, we all know she wants to get the embarkation photo together. It would be kind of dumb for her not to be able to take it with her son, DIL and grandchildren!

Edited by yuccaman

You can board together in the Platinum group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't count on it.....

A few days ago my friend and I boarded in Vancouver on the Ruby Princess. I'm Platinum but she isn't. She was staying in my cabin. The platinum line had maybe three or four people in it and the other line was at least 200 people deep. They would not let her go with me so of course I got in the long line with her because we were not about to separate. No matter what I said they would not let her go with me. There were two different Princess employees that argued with me and would not let her in line with me.

One thing is that she won't be able to use the disembarkation lounge... they're pretty strict with that. As for the platinum/suite/elite lounge, she'll have to pay full price for her drinks.

Are you saying that my husband (Ruby) will not be able to wait with me (Platinum) for disembarkation? That makes totally no sense, and I certainly do NOT want to be separated from him in a foreign, non English speaking country at the end of my South American cruise in January! I hope this isn't the case!

Are you saying that my husband (Ruby) will not be able to wait with me (Platinum) for disembarkation? That makes totally no sense, and I certainly do NOT want to be separated from him in a foreign, non English speaking country at the end of my South American cruise in January! I hope this isn't the case!

Only once have I seen such enforcement at the disembarkation lounge, with the circle host standing in the doorway demanding every single person have both their cruise card and stub of luggage tag color in their hands. (Which seemed to scare off even those eligible to enter, there wasn't more than two dozen people in there the whole time).

Generally if one person in a group flashes a Platinum or Black card that is more than satisfactory for anyone with them to be admitted. (And I have seen the opposite extreme as well with the circle host cowering in a corner waiting to call the tag numbers; passersby were ducking in and grabbing the coffee and danish way faster than it could be replenished)

I'm sort of surprised that being a married couple, you have 2 different levels. My husband was automatically made Elite when we were married and maybe that's because it was part of Sitmar previously that all carried over to Princess. Of course, now, he would've made Elite a long time ago but he for the most part, has been Elite alongside with me. One thing I found out is that for the free wine tasting, I thought I could just give my pass to a friend but then they asked to see her card to make sure it matches up so they didn't let her in. This time around, we will switch cards so she can enjoy some free wine because I don't drink! LOL

Only once have I seen such enforcement at the disembarkation lounge, with the circle host standing in the doorway demanding every single person have both their cruise card and stub of luggage tag color in their hands. (Which seemed to scare off even those eligible to enter, there wasn't more than two dozen people in there the whole time).

Generally if one person in a group flashes a Platinum or Black card that is more than satisfactory for anyone with them to be admitted. (And I have seen the opposite extreme as well with the circle host cowering in a corner waiting to call the tag numbers; passersby were ducking in and grabbing the coffee and danish way faster than it could be replenished)

Wow, what ship was that on? I've never encountered that at all. In fact, for the most part, we don't always use the special lounge. If we've been assigned a lounge that's closer to our cabin, then we'll use that one. We've never been asked to show our cards upon entrance at the Elite lounge. I also think it's dumb to separate couples and family - that would make no sense at all and maybe others just weren't talking to the right people. I know for a fact that when it came time to tender off, my friends were not Elite on Celebrity and we were not on a tour and all we had to do was get the group together and we got on the next tender - no problems at all. Never had any issues with that on Princess either.

I'm sort of surprised that being a married couple, you have 2 different levels. My husband was automatically made Elite when we were married and maybe that's because it was part of Sitmar previously that all carried over to Princess. Of course, now, he would've made Elite a long time ago but he for the most part, has been Elite alongside with me. One thing I found out is that for the free wine tasting, I thought I could just give my pass to a friend but then they asked to see her card to make sure it matches up so they didn't let her in. This time around, we will switch cards so she can enjoy some free wine because I don't drink! LOL

That's kind of what I thought, he automatically gets Platinum but on the cruise personalizer it clearly shows me as Platinum and him as Ruby. It is going to be a fantastic trip so I'm not going to sweat little things but still, it makes no sense if we aren't allowed. I'm sure it won't be a problem...right? :-)

Don't count on it.....

A few days ago my friend and I boarded in Vancouver on the Ruby Princess. I'm Platinum but she isn't. She was staying in my cabin. The platinum line had maybe three or four people in it and the other line was at least 200 people deep. They would not let her go with me so of course I got in the long line with her because we were not about to separate. No matter what I said they would not let her go with me. There were two different Princess employees that argued with me and would not let her in line with me.

That sounds like they were not trained properly because Princess policy states the platinum cruiser can be accompanied by their party. Whether this 'party' definition includes a multi cabin party or just the party in that cabin seems to be at the discretion of the people at the port

I've seen it a couple of times myself but usually it's only when the lounge first opens in the morning. After that the host is usually to busy to care.

That's kind of what I thought, he automatically gets Platinum but on the cruise personalizer it clearly shows me as Platinum and him as Ruby. It is going to be a fantastic trip so I'm not going to sweat little things but still, it makes no sense if we aren't allowed. I'm sure it won't be a problem...right? :-)

Should not be a problem. What if one of you was disabled? Would they split you up? That would not be nice if they did. Surely among the crew, there has to be an exception to this rule! The only thing different is that you get Internet and he doesn't. I've also noticed that whenever we go to the lounge for happy hour, they've never checked our cards - ever!

Being married does not make him automatically Platinum. An Elite cannot marry a blue card passenger and make him or her Elite. It's not like citizenship in some countries. Now whether he will be allowed to take part in your Platinum activities is another question. Yes, he probably will, but he will still have a Ruby card.

Not quite a marriage, but my sister came in a cruise with me. Her first cruise, so blue, I am elite, black. On Captains circle night I approached staff and asked if she could accompany me to the gathering. No problems. This also happened on RCL at their top tier gathering when my son was with me on his first RCL cruise. I think the big thing is to check with staff and get the OK. After all they want that blue card to go to black.

They don't get Internet or laundry or "special" toiletries, nor do they get the mini bar, oh wait when my daughter cruises with me, she us also elite, only one mini bar, just as well she doesn't drink alcohol. Lol

My husband and I were at two different levels for years and he was always allowed the priority boarding and lounges with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk