Fill in the blank: I will never _______ again!

CineGraphic

Take my large, heavy suitcase through the buffet on embarkation day (newbie mistake)

My last cruise, I had only carry on luggage. Cabin wasn't ready and I carried my luggage. Ship had a lounge where people were leaving their luggage. There were 2 employees standing there ... presumably to 'guard' the luggage ... but someone gets called away or one has to go to lavatory? I wasn't chancing it and I went to dining room with it. YES I got funny looks, but nothing was lost or stolen out of my bags.

Try to convince someone who doesn't want to cruise to cruise . . . some people just aren't cut out for it, as we found out.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

[/quote}

Been there/done that also....So hard for me to believe that some people just don't care for the cruising experience. I think there is something for everyone on cruises. Some of my friends cruise to just stay on the ship without getting off at all, some cruise for the nightlife and activities and others for the ports/activiites.

Care to share the story behind this? I'm intrigued!

I've used duct tape for everything from holding up the hem of DH's tux pants to taping a suitcase shut when the zipper failed. When used with a light touch, it makes a great lint remover as well. Seriously, it comes with us on every trip.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Check all area states for Spring Break. Several years ago I checked the Spring Break Calendar for Louisiana even though we were leaving from Texas. I felt safe since Louisiana's Spring Break was the week after our cruise. Well you guessed it. Texas Spring Break was during our cruise. 3,000 passengers on-board with 1500 of them being kids. Never again.

I'll never say, "Oh, I couldn't possibly need to take duct tape!" again. Duct tape every time!

I take duct tape too. This time we used it to stop a rattling door on the balcony. It was the door that opens up between two balconies. We stuffed a napkin in it and then taped it to keep the napkin from falling out. Did the trick!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Never pack 10 pairs of shoes when I wore the same 2 pairs all week.

Omg I did this on my first 2 cruises...and some were high heels! You would have thought I learned from the first cruise but nope...had to do it again before I realized a) I won’t ever use those, not even “just in case” and b) I can barely walk in heels on land, what made me think I could possibly do it while on a rolling ship?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will never do another Christmas cruise, or Thanksgiving.

Bumping, because a few posters asked why, and I am curious as well. Is it the too-many-kids-on-school-break effect, or something else?

Inquiring minds want to know .... anyone?