Fill in the blank: I will never _______ again!

CineGraphic

• Fly in the day of a cruise.
  • Run a group cruise out of Galveston.
  • Go to Carlos and Charlies as soon as the ship docks in port - and stay there until it was ready to leave!
  • Forget to pack OTC medications. Spent a crazy day running around Curacao looking for cold medicines on one cruise. On another cruise, I spent a fortune on them in the vending machines in the medical area.
  • Cruise during spring break.
  • Try a seaweed wrap in the spa - or any other crazy treatment I've never done before.

Taking a co-worker that begged to go with me ( her first cruise ) she promised not to smoke in the cabin. It was a miserable 7 days between the smoking she did any way, her getting sick and snoring like a freight train. Never again!!!!!

I will never by shy on a cruise again.

I'm not a person that finds it easy to approach new people but I realize that if I don't put myself out there to meet new people, I'll only be with my cabin mate all cruise. The awkward first day is better than the timid second, third, Nth day.

Do a Princess transfer. Learned my lesson the hard way.

My parents just learned this lesson, sat on shuttle for two hours before it left the airport, and they had to hold the ship for them and the other 3 couples on the shuttle.

I totally agree about the cruise line shuttle. You have to wait until they get a certain number of passengers before they depart which is horribly frustrating. You spend the time imagining all the people already having FUN (not to mention tropical cocktails) on the ship while you're sitting on a bus. Not to mention, a taxi fare is PER RIDE, where the cruise bus fare is PER PERSON. It's nearly ALWAYS more expensive. Never again.

Will never choose one of those submarine type excursions. Did one in Aruba years ago and it was just a bunch of hot, sweaty people, sitting in a metal tube just barely below the surface of the water, looking at whatever you could see through your tiny porthole window. UGH! Unimpressive and smelly! Never again!

Refuse to purchase travel insurance. It almost cost me BIG TIME once. It all worked out, but the stress was outrageous. Never again.

While there may be other things I tend to avoid, I hesitate to say "Never again." Under the right circumstances...

• 5 weeks later...

Never fly in the day of, or out the last day of a cruise. Too stressful.

I can't believe we used to fly in on the day of. And not just domestic ones. Auckland, NZ. Copenhagen. London.

And we stay an extra night or two afterwards, too. Three times we have been so delayed we would have missed flights. Once Princess had to put up hundreds of passengers overnight in Ft. Lauderdale we were so late getting in. Another one in New York City where we were in a suite so we got off first and got to the airport to snag a flight.

It didn't affect us as bad as others, but once in New Orleans an NCL ship didn't arrive until 5:00 p.m. due to having been diverted for a medical emergency. What a mess. We didn't get into our cabin until after midnight. I would imagine that just about every previous passenger missed their flight. People were still getting off the ship at 7:00 p.m.

Take seriously all the people with bad spelling and poor grammar who blather on about how terrible and inedible the MDR food was on their last cruise --- because I am reasonably convinced that they are among the people who must have paid to eat my share of all the billions and billions of McDonald's hamburgers served.

My last cruise has shown me that I will never book any room lower than balcony class again. I've been balcony spoiled.

Totally agree. We took a Windsurf cruise last year which didn't have balconies except for suites. Everyone said that we wouldn't miss the balcony, you can go on deck and find lots of private spots to relax in, etc.

REALLY missed being able to just sit out on our own balcony.

Fly in the day of my cruise ever again !!!!!

Oh dear. We've been forced into doing that because of work having a mandatory meeting the day prior to boarding our cruise on our February cruise. Extremely nervous about it. Spouse keeps saying don't worry our flight is a nonstop but what if there is a weather delay? (yn) Fingers crossed no delays and we'll be fine. We have booked a private pick up and will not be checking any bags.