Happy Hour: "for select beverages only"

SilvertoGold

Maybe a stupid question, but does the second drink have to be the same as the first one. DH and I like different drinks, so could we take advantage of the HH? We're not big drinkers and usually only have one each per evening.

Edited by emilygrace

Maybe a stupid question, but does the second drink have to be the same as the first one. DH and I like different drinks, so could we take advantage of the HH? We're not big drinkers and usually only have one each per evening.

Yes, it does have to be the same drink.

where is the onboard posts?? want to see what wines are served by the glass included in Signature Beverage Package.. thank you!!

Just go to Dave's Live Thread. He always posts the most recent info.

Included in the signature package are only the house wines though. The rest are above that price point.

Yes...same drink. We do it that way, so usually it's just a compromise to find something that we both like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two of the above posters will disagree with my observation about this question on the Rotterdam this Summer.

I saw several couples during HH order 2 different, single drinks, ie. one a cocktail, one a beer. I didn't see what they were charged, of course, but it certainly looked to me that as long as what they ordered was "within the proper price range", their order was being allowed.

Or, maybe this practice varies from ship to ship, Bar Manager to Bar Manager?

Edited by rkacruiser

Two of the above posters will disagree with my observation about this question on the Rotterdam this Summer.

I saw several couples during HH order 2 different, single drinks, ie. one a cocktail, one a beer. I didn't see what they were charged, of course, but it certainly looked to me that as long as what they ordered was "within the proper price range", their order was being allowed.

As you said, you didn't see their bill. They may have just ordered the one drink; you're not required to order a second drink at Happy Hour.

Or, maybe the one ordering a cocktail ordered a double. That's how I've done it the few times I've been to Happy Hour. Saves all those extra calories from the second mixer. ;)

As you said, you didn't see their bill. They may have just ordered the one drink; you're not required to order a second drink at Happy Hour.

Or, maybe the one ordering a cocktail ordered a double. That's how I've done it the few times I've been to Happy Hour. Saves all those extra calories from the second mixer. ;)

We've done the doubles sometimes when we just couldn't compromise on one drink.

We've done the doubles sometimes when we just couldn't compromise on one drink.

We always get doubles (2x the liquor) instead of getting 2 drinks. It cuts down on the number of glasses and stir sticks used and pretty much saves the environment.

POA1, it is so conscientious of you to think about the environment. Me, however, I'm just afraid I'll miss out on a little booze (my fave is 0010, which has both gin and vodka in it).

Our adaptation consists in heading to the bar about 4:50 and picking up 2 drinks to take to the room, where we wrestle with the NYTimes crossword puzzle.

I just got off the Rotterdam yesterday in Montreal and I was able to order 2 different drinks in the Ocean Bar during HH.

I just got off the Rotterdam yesterday in Montreal and I was able to order 2 different drinks in the Ocean Bar during HH.

That's good news for a lot of people if it's on all the ships.

=

I'd be interested to hear reports from others if this is true on other ships or just Rotterdam.

• 2 weeks later...

We didn't try ordering two different drinks, but ordered 2 drinks for each of us (hey, we are Irish ;) ).

Oosterdam happy hours: (September 28th departure from Venice to Civitavecchia)

Crows Nest 4 - 5pm,

Ocean Bar 4 - 5pm,

Billboard on Board 7 - 8pm, (from day 3 onwards)

Gallery Bar 10 - 11 pm

and I'm happy, happy, hic!

We didn't try ordering two different drinks, but ordered 2 drinks for each of us (hey, we are Irish ;) ).

Oosterdam happy hours: (September 28th departure from Venice to Civitavecchia)

Crows Nest 4 - 5pm,

Ocean Bar 4 - 5pm,

Billboard on Board 7 - 8pm, (from day 3 onwards)

Gallery Bar 10 - 11 pm

and I'm happy, happy, hic!

I'm all for the two drinks [emoji6][emoji6], but that's always been the case. It's bogo during happy hour and has always been for the same drink or else getting a double of one drink.

The rumor has been that some have been able to get two different drinks.

Edited by djhsolara

We are fairly new cruisers, about to go on our third cruise. I have gotten a ton of great info from all of you and so appreciate this board.

Just to confirm...Hubby can order , say 3 beers at once during HH, and take 5 back to my room for later? Can I use my beverage card for this?

We are booked with the anniversary sale promo that has a 50.00 beverage card each. We do not have the SBP.

We are fairly new cruisers, about to go on our third cruise. I have gotten a ton of great info from all of you and so appreciate this board.

Just to confirm...Hubby can order , say 3 beers at once during HH, and take 5 back to my room for later? Can I use my beverage card for this?

We are booked with the anniversary sale promo that has a 50.00 beverage card each. We do not have the SBP.

Yes you can use your beverage card.

I have never tried what you describe with beer but I have ordered multiple Cokes that way and taken them back to my room.

Well, I will try it and see how it goes. We have a bunch of OBC as well. Not so concerned about using the beverage card as being able to buy multiple drinks in cans at HH, not soda but beer, and being able to enjoy them on my veranda at my leisure. Have a couple in the bar and bring the rest home, so to speak.