ms Volendam in Juneau, AK Oct 1, 2016

Boytjie

A few on deck 6 braving the elements.

They better get used to it; this group of pax is taking the northern route to Asia. Next is Glacier Bay, 2 sea days, then Dutch Harbor and finally reaching Japan on Oct 11 and Yokohama on the 13th. Lots and lots of cold sea days this time of year.

They better get used to it; this group of pax is taking the northern route to Asia. Next is Glacier Bay, 2 sea days, then Dutch Harbor and finally reaching Japan on Oct 11 and Yokohama on the 13th. Lots and lots of cold sea days this time of year.

Those leaving warm climates had a bit of a packing challenge.

Roy

I'm sure either way I won't be up that late, and there doesn't appear to be anything until the Veendam October 17. Thank you Copper, Boytje, Lou & Dave and fellow addicts, and once again Bon Voyage, Happily@Sea.

Roy

I'm sure either way I won't be up that late, and there doesn't appear to be anything until the Veendam October 17. Thank you Copper, Boytje, Lou & Dave and fellow addicts, and once again Bon Voyage, Happily@Sea.

Roy

Thank you, Roy.

As soon as the camera pulls back I'll be concentrating on my Denali puppies. Of course for the last couple of weeks they haven't looked so puppy-like. With their distinctive facial features and their long legs, they look like miniature versions of a full-sized adult. The 'puppy' look is gone.

Although they have grown a lot they are still mighty cute. I turned on the webcam the other day and they were all snoozing cuddled up to each other.

Enjoy your cruise, Carole!

Edit. Just looked at the puppies and they were asleep in the same place as the other day. Must be their favorite. I keep missing them when they are awake.

Edited by Scrapnana

Although they have grown a lot they are still mighty cute. I turned on the webcam the other day and they were all snoozing cuddled up to each other.

Enjoy your cruise, Carole!

Thank you.

They're piled up like that right now. I love when they climb over each other and then try in burrow in.

Just watched the puppy cam, the first time I saw them, the last couple of times it was raining, I guess they're smart & stayed dry today they have sun shine, they do look cute. There is just something about watching puppies.

Allan

And here we have the last chance to watch a cruise ship in Juneau in 2016. With a rare Saturday appearance, the Volendam is scheduled for a 10:00 AM AKDT arrival and 23:00/11:00 PM AKDT departure. The Volendam is assigned to the Cruise Terminal. After this cruise the Voendam crosses the Pacific Ocean for the Far East.

The webcam link: http://juneauharborwebcam.com/

We say farewell to Juneau, it has been a great season for us sail-away addicts and has spoiled us with the close-up zooms (thank you, cam operator!) enabling us to see so much more of what goes on when ships arrive and depart.

There will be a few visits by dam ships in New York City in the next few weeks and I will post reminders for those; the cameras don't quite deliver what Juneau and Port Everglades offer but what we do have are some great scenery with the Big Apple as a back drop.

On October 19th the Port Everglades season kicks off with the Zuiderdam's arrival. With the Westerdam deployed on the West Coast, who will be the new Queen of Toots in Port Everglades?

A big thank you to John (a.k.a. Copper-10-8) for starting the Juneau webcam threads!

I watched sail into Juneau and watched them tie her down. It was all finished by 9:30 AM AKDT. I will not watch the departure as I will be sound asleep.

Edited by Himself

Well, I missed the sail in. A busy day in preparation for the big Feast of St. Francis at the cathedral and I will miss the sail-away since it is an early wakey-wakey in the morning.

A few New York webcam opportunities and the on to Port Everglades.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well, I missed the sail in. A busy day in preparation for the big Feast of St. Francis at the cathedral and I will miss the sail-away since it is an early wakey-wakey in the morning.

A few New York webcam opportunities and then on to Port Everglades.

All October-----

Veendam in New York on the 17th

Zuiderdam: Cape Canaveral on 18th and then

PEV/FLL on the 19th - start of the season

FLL: Veendam 21st, NADM on 23; Rotterdam on 28 and then the return - depart cycle truly begins on Sun 30th - ZUDM & NADM.