Lost luggage & shipping fee

Have you ever had the experience of not being able to find your luggage upon disembarkation because it was either taken by another passenger or misplaced among the thousands of other pieces of luggage and had to leave without your luggage? When it was found, did you have to pay to have your luggage shipped back to yourself? I am speaking specifically the about Port Everglades cruise terminal.

I dont know about cruise lines, but if this happens at an airport it is shipped back to you at the cost of the airline.

I was told that I would have to pay the shipping fee to get my luggage back. I would like to know if others have had to pay to have their lost luggage returned to them from the Ft Lauderdale port.

Have you ever had the experience of not being able to find your luggage upon disembarkation because it was either taken by another passenger or misplaced among the thousands of other pieces of luggage and had to leave without your luggage? When it was found, did you have to pay to have your luggage shipped back to yourself? I am speaking specifically the about Port Everglades cruise terminal.

Happened to us at Port Canaveral. Someone took one of our bags by mistake. Luckily he was a local (John?) and we were able to get his cell number off a bag that was almost identical to ours.

Two years ago at MIA my bag was missing for a long time and it was close to the point we'd have to leave to catch our flight. I asked a Celebrity rep if I had to go and it showed up would they ship it to me. Was told a simple no, with no advice or help offered:mad: I talked to a porter who ran to the back room and found it. He got a nice tip!

Happened to us at Port Canaveral. Someone took one of our bags by mistake. Luckily he was a local (John?) and we were able to get his cell number off a bag that was almost identical to ours.

Must have been John because it was not me:D

Yes, it happened to me last year in Everglades. The folks who had my bag were responsible for shipping it to me. They figured out it wasn't theirs when they arrived in Dallas. Luckily they were D+ who sail often and were pretty cool about it.

Edited by MikeBTN

Had the same thing happen to me. We had suite/Piñnacle luggage tags, and that luggage is placed in its own area(really just like he numbers). One bag was missing, and we had to catch an early flight. We looked around, couldn't find it, then filed a notice with the folks at the pier and left to catch our flight(we looked for it for about 20 minutes).

Called about this when we got home. Was told it could take a week to find it. About four days later we were called and told the luggage was on the way, at their expense, because we had filled out the missing luggage form at the pier. We were told if we didn't fill out that report, we would have been responsible for the shipping costs(which I wouldn't have minded as I wanted my stuff back).

Luggage arrived next day totally intact and still having the suite/Piñnacle tags attached. Who knows why it wasn't were it as supposed to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a bag "misplaced" at the port in Barcelona, Spain. Looked for over an hour, filed a missing bag report, thought it was gone for good. It finally arrived at our home in the US within a month. The bag was the worse for wear, the cartons of cigarettes were missing ("can't ship tobacco products"). Happy to say I didn't have to pay.

My only experience with a missing bag was with Luggage Valet. RCI never got the bag to the airport, so they were responsible for shipping it to me.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope they paid you back for the luggage valet--since they did not deliver the luggage. :rolleyes:

Picked up the wrong bag at Baltimore and didn't realize it until we arrived home. Called owner and shipped next day at my expense. My mistake and I gladly paid to get it to the rightful owner. RCCL did charge $40 (I think) to ship the correct bag back to me. Lesson learned -- pay closer attention when collecting bags at disembarkation.

Yet another reason why I travel light. I carry on the plane, carry on the ship, carry off the ship - it has never gone astray yet:p

Thom

That is not always feasible especially since one in our group uses a wheelchair and one other, a cane.

Yet another reason why I travel light. I carry on the plane, carry on the ship, carry off the ship - it has never gone astray yet:p

Thom

Carry on the plane doesn't mean someone won't pull the wrong bag, my DH has had it happen more than once. He flies a lot for work and isn't always able to put his bag near him in an overhead. Usually, it isn't a big deal, but he had one guy take his bag and was going up the jetway with it. He yelled to him but "hey, you" doesn't make people stop. He finally got to the guy as he was exiting the jetway, guy was pissed my DH didn't have his bag.:rolleyes:

We had this situation in Barselona 3 weeks ago. And still could not reach our found luggage. Here is the story;

One of our two bags was not in the luggage area. We searched all building and contacted the staff in port. They told us that they found our luggage, it went to the other terminal and somebody is going to bring it to our terminal in 5 minutes. After 15 minutes waiting, she again told us that our luggage will arrive in 5 minutes. After an hour of waiting, we told that we need to go to airport, otherwise we miss our flight. She filled a form and told us that she will send the luggage to airport with first bus.

After we arrive to airport, we started waiting for luggage in the place of royalcaribbean. First bus, no luggage. Second bus, again no luggage. Called the lady in port and she told us that she sent the luggage by taxi. Its only 15 minutes from port to airport, but the taxi did not arrive until the check-in for our flight closed. So, we made our final call and she told us that they will send the luggage to us by parcel service to our home.

After 4 days of waiting, i contacted RCCL by phone and they told me that there is no record for our lost luggage. I sent them the form and after 3 days they return with information that our luggage is found again and they will ship it to us by FEDEX. They made the shipment after 1 week of this information and they sent it with the slowest service (1 week delivery time).

And now, FEDEX is asking 60 USD for customs paperwork, aprox.150 USD for storage and 450 USD for import tax, because FEDEX declared my luggage to customs as "commercial clothing samples". Since monday, i am trying to get my luggage but still not able to get it.