Just off the Pride

DaisyandMoe010

I'm sure many are wondering how people are feeling about the changes in the itinerary for the pride this past week. My husband and I chose not to cancel when we found out the changes because for us it's all about being on the ship then the ports we travel to. I can't speak for anybody else, but I have to say I think this is one of my most favorite cruises. I met a lot of really nice people passengers and crew alike. The food was good expecially the burritos and pizza! Our dining room staff and cabin stewards were amazing! I even discovered that I like martinis thanks to Gabriel, Zora and Alex at the Alchemy Bar!!!!! If you ever go on the pride, you must go see them, you won't regret it, promise!

As for the way that Carnival handled the situation, I think they were more than generous with their solution. When all was said and done we were given a 50% discount on a future Cruise and $250 per person onboard credit. For those that chose to get off the ship in New York instead of continuing on the rest of the journey the $300 fee was waived. In addition to that, Carnival gave away three free cruises. I happen to think that was amazing considering Carnival didn't have to do anything for us because in the contract it states they can change it anytime. Even after all of these extra things they were doing for us people still contacted the press in New York City to bash the cruise line. I did feel really bad for the guest services personnel, they took a lot of abuse on this Cruise and it wasn't even their fault. For me that's just completely ridiculous as they tried to make this right for all of us. People even had a choice to cancel the cruise for a full refund before it even set sail. You take your chances when you book a cruise during Hurricane Season Mother Nature happens people. I heard another Cruise Line that had to make some changes to their itinerary only offered their passengers a 50 or $100 onboard credit nothing else. I think everyone of us who were on the pride this past week were very very lucky. To those that chose to bail you missed out on a great time.

Thanks Carnival for showing us a good time. I'm looking forward 2 booking my next cruise with you really soon.

Glad you had a great time, it shows how you look at life and are able to adapt to challenging times. Kudos to you and to Carnival. From what I've read, it seems most cruise lines have handled Matthew well, unfortunately the public doesn't always rise to the occasion and handle things well themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Glad you had a great time, it shows how you look at life and are able to adapt to challenging times. Kudos to you and to Carnival. From what I've read, it seems most cruise lines have handled Matthew well, unfortunately the public doesn't always rise to the occasion and handle things well themselves.

Thank you. People literally made fools of themselves.

Well, Daisy and Moe, you do know how to cruise!

One of my best cruises was when a cruise down to Nassau for New York turned into a cruise to New England and Canada. We went through the Cape Cod canal, which I never knew existed!

Ship first, ports second; just like me!:D

We are just back from off the Pride today also. We had a great time despite the changes. We made the best of it with some friends and had a great cruise. We even took in a Broadway show with the extra time in NYC.

My question is.....how do go about getting and using 50% off a future cruise? We booked our next one on the ship this week but were told that our discount will be connected to our VIFP accounts. I don't see anything fir a discount.

We are just back from off the Pride today also. We had a great time despite the changes. We made the best of it with some friends and had a great cruise. We even took in a Broadway show with the extra time in NYC.

My question is.....how do go about getting and using 50% off a future cruise? We booked our next one on the ship this week but were told that our discount will be connected to our VIFP accounts. I don't see anything fir a discount.

Glad you had a great time. There is a link you need to use. As soon as I unpack I will post it in here for you

I'm sure many are wondering how people are feeling about the changes in the itinerary for the pride this past week. My husband and I chose not to cancel when we found out the changes because for us it's all about being on the ship then the ports we travel to. I can't speak for anybody else, but I have to say I think this is one of my most favorite cruises. I met a lot of really nice people passengers and crew alike. The food was good expecially the burritos and pizza! Our dining room staff and cabin stewards were amazing! I even discovered that I like martinis thanks to Gabriel, Zora and Alex at the Alchemy Bar!!!!! If you ever go on the pride, you must go see them, you won't regret it, promise!

As for the way that Carnival handled the situation, I think they were more than generous with their solution. When all was said and done we were given a 50% discount on a future Cruise and $250 per person onboard credit. For those that chose to get off the ship in New York instead of continuing on the rest of the journey the $300 fee was waived. In addition to that, Carnival gave away three free cruises. I happen to think that was amazing considering Carnival didn't have to do anything for us because in the contract it states they can change it anytime. Even after all of these extra things they were doing for us people still contacted the press in New York City to bash the cruise line. I did feel really bad for the guest services personnel, they took a lot of abuse on this Cruise and it wasn't even their fault. For me that's just completely ridiculous as they tried to make this right for all of us. People even had a choice to cancel the cruise for a full refund before it even set sail. You take your chances when you book a cruise during Hurricane Season Mother Nature happens people. I heard another Cruise Line that had to make some changes to their itinerary only offered their passengers a 50 or $100 onboard credit nothing else. I think everyone of us who were on the pride this past week were very very lucky. To those that chose to bail you missed out on a great time.

Thanks Carnival for showing us a good time. I'm looking forward 2 booking my next cruise with you really soon.

Glad you had a great cruise. I agree that carnival handled it very well. Some of the cruisers, not so good.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Well, Daisy and Moe, you do know how to cruise!

One of my best cruises was when a cruise down to Nassau for New York turned into a cruise to New England and Canada. We went through the Cape Cod canal, which I never knew existed!

Ship first, ports second; just like me!:D

Years go we sailed on a 5 day Canada/NE cruise on the Regal Empress that traveled through the Cape Cod Canal on her way to St. Andrews Canada. What a wonderful trip that was.

Edited by NYcruzzer

Perfectly said! Glad you enjoyed your trip! That's why I only cruise Carnival and will continue in the future.

Years go we sailed on a 5 day Canada/NE cruise on the Regal Empress that traveled through the Cape Cod Canal on her way to St. Andrews Canada. What a wonderful trip that was.

We sailed on the Regal Empress, from Norfolk to Canada, through the Cape Cod Canal (a long time ago). I still have the t-shirt!

Glad to see the folks that opted to cruise had a open mind and had a good time despite the weather related changes. CCL provided a nice package.

How many guests were on this cruise?

Edited by JMAE

Thank you for the review. Carnival really goes above and beyond in situations like this. Some people won't be happy no matter what. I think those are the ones who probably get treated bad in their home or professional life and they like to "do their part" to pass it on.

I've got to try and figure out a way to sail on the Pride. The Baltimore port is only an hour away! I think it was great the way Carnival handled the situation.

The simplest way to sail on the Pride would be to go to Carnival's website and book it.