Scored with the upgrade advantage bid process

Miacruise94

I recently upgraded from a balcony to a mid ship mini suite on deck 9 for $160.How much would you bid for a spa mini suite?

It didn't give me the opportunity to pick a category of mini-suite to bid for. I wish it would! I was offered mini-suites and Haven to bid for as I'm in a balcony. For the Havens you could bid for the individual categories.

I really don't like this BID process. I canceled one of categories that I placed a bid on and increase my amounts on 2 of them so that it would be in the fair piece of the pie. I was hoping that would've gotten me the upgrade but it didn't. I'm really close to just dropping out all together. I don't have enough patience for this crap.

I'm not a fan either! My quote was a total of $300 less than full price and it was deemed low! Just checked and all 2 BR are gone so I guess I'm "stuck" with my aft PH!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sail on Saturday and haven't heard back about my bid, either. Did a test sell last night and it appears to be a sold out ship. No complaints about my Balcony room, but I really wanted to use the Haven's amenities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you hear anything good or bad about upgrade yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have read about Upgrade Advantage. Called NCL and they told me as I bought through a Travel Agent, I would have to go to them. NCL did say they are only for Getaway and Escape now, but adding more ships soon. I have MA cabin and looking at Haven.

I called TA and he had not even heard of the program (need to dump him). After some calls, he found it but said their agency, Cruises (you fill in the suffix), did not participate. Now I really need to dump him and the agency. If this continues, agencies will lose lots of business from frequent cruisers. And how is one supposed to know which agencies opt in?

NCL may be doing this not only to raise revenue, but also to have people book directly with NCL. If they really wanted to make $$, they would have open bidding as I am sure many would raise their bids if necessary. And if they really wanted loyalty, they would give higher level Latitude members an edge such as kicking in 10% more for your bids (sort of like airlines do for upgrades). I never understood why the perks for very loyal cruisers are not that great.

Another item NCL could do is give benefits for those who do a lot of on board spending (ie. 5 Latitude points if you spend over $100 per day per cabin). These are the people they really need for repeat business, not those that sneak on water to save $20.

Well, enough.... I will be changing Agents.

I have read about Upgrade Advantage. Called NCL and they told me as I bought through a Travel Agent, I would have to go to them. NCL did say they are only for Getaway and Escape now, but adding more ships soon. I have MA cabin and looking at Haven.

I called TA and he had not even heard of the program (need to dump him). After some calls, he found it but said their agency, Cruises (you fill in the suffix), did not participate. Now I really need to dump him and the agency. If this continues, agencies will lose lots of business from frequent cruisers. And how is one supposed to know which agencies opt in?

NCL may be doing this not only to raise revenue, but also to have people book directly with NCL. If they really wanted to make $$, they would have open bidding as I am sure many would raise their bids if necessary. And if they really wanted loyalty, they would give higher level Latitude members an edge such as kicking in 10% more for your bids (sort of like airlines do for upgrades). I never understood why the perks for very loyal cruisers are not that great.

Another item NCL could do is give benefits for those who do a lot of on board spending (ie. 5 Latitude points if you spend over $100 per day per cabin). These are the people they really need for repeat business, not those that sneak on water to save $20.

Well, enough.... I will be changing Agents.

Here Here!!!!! Great suggestions. I agree with ALL of them !!!! Are you listening NCL ??????????????????

Sorry to jump in here, we sail on the epic in feb.

I rang today to see how much it qould cost to upgrade from inside to balcony and it was over £500 ($625ish).

When do you think i should ring to try and get a better price?

The woman on the phone sounded like she didn't want us to upgrade, kept telling me I have a very good mid ship cabin.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Sorry to jump in here, we sail on the epic in feb.

I rang today to see how much it qould cost to upgrade from inside to balcony and it was over £500 ($625ish).

When do you think i should ring to try and get a better price?

The woman on the phone sounded like she didn't want us to upgrade, kept telling me I have a very good mid ship cabin.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Most people suggest under 30 days. Your sailing is right around final payment so not much will probably happen with prices until under 45 days roughly from casual observations lately.

Six days out and I've heard nothing about my bid to go from aft PH to 2BR Haven. Cabins show "sold out" for a couple hours and then comes back as available. Wonder how close to sail date do people hear about their bids being accepted?

Very happy with my current aft PH but would be happier with a 2BR!! :cool:

Well, I bid on 3 different Haven cabins for my sailing on Dec 3rd. I just checked and they are all sold out now. They were available when I checked at 10 this morning but not any longer. I would love to know what the formula they use to determine who wins because it wasn't me.

I've been lurking on here since booking my cruise but just had an offer accepted so I thought I'd register. Sailing on the Getaway on 11/27 and was upgraded from BX to H7 (forward-facing penthouse) for $575pp. That was the lowest bid that moved the meter from "poor" to "fair".

This bid business is unfortuante. I have 3 side by side spa mini suites (bringing my parent's and in laws with us) all of which I am paying for. If I bid and only 1 or 2 of the cabins get's upgraded then we sort of leave someone behind. At least with upsell I had some control i.e., telling the agent it is all 3 or nothing. Here I am faced with a dilemma where I am willing to pay but don't want to leave anyone behind.

P.S we leave this Saturday November 26 on Escape.