Harmony Transatlantic LIVE-With a Twist! 10/23/16-11/5/16

I know the person who took the photo of the ships in the wine glass. He's been contacting various RCL sites to see who won the contest. Last evening he got a message from the Royal Caribbean Twitter account stating that the photo contest is complete, and the winners have been notified. He responded by asking where the winning photo(s) were available to view. They responded by sending the message "We'll look into this matter and reach out to you shortly."

I would have thought they'd want to publicize the photo contest winners and their response to his query to view the winning photo(s) is strange, to say the least. Why is this being kept so secretive?????

I know the person who took the photo of the ships in the wine glass. He's been contacting various RCL sites to see who won the contest. Last evening he got a message from the Royal Caribbean Twitter account stating that the photo contest is complete, and the winners have been notified. He responded by asking where the winning photo(s) were available to view. They responded by sending the message "We'll look into this matter and reach out to you shortly."

I would have thought they'd want to publicize the photo contest winners and their response to his query to view the winning photo(s) is strange, to say the least. Why is this being kept so secretive?????

I do not think the winning photo was the point of the exercise. RCL wanted as many people as possible to blow up the internet with FB, instagram and twitter postings. They spent a lot of money to make this meeting and photo op happen and they wanted the most bang for their buck.

The wine glass pic is amazing. I can not imagine one that is better. However, it did not have all three ships in it and I wonder how anyone could have gotten that?

I'm a bit jealous of those groups that did Escape the Rubicon! Congratulations! We did not have a full group - there were either 8 or 10 of us. Not sure. Can I blame it on that? With another 5 minutes, I think we would have made it.

None of us in the group had ever done an escape room. When I first heard about it, wasn't interested at all. Then, the more I read, the more it sounded like a lot of fun. And it was! I had no idea what to expect. Really liked it.

Now that I am back at home and talking about it, friends and family want to try it. I think that there is one in my area. Have to check into it.

A comment for the Pink Boa Cruisers - talked to several of you throughout the cruise. But, I had to really laugh when I saw your picture from sailaway. Did you notice the guy photo bombing you? He is holding his Steelers hat up in the air. That's my husband! Certainly made me laugh. Hope you felt the same way!

OK--I see that all three ships are in the wine pic. :o

I was thinking too narrowly and felt RCL wanted all three ships fully in the pic. [i know that would not be possible except from the air.]

Has anyone heard what pic won the contest?

No, someone asked them on Twitter, and got a tweet saying "The winner has been notified." I would have thought they would have announced it. The same Entry info was given on both allure and Harmony.

Since the original roll call has been closed by the Admin, and they are suggesting we either carry on in the 'Floataway lounge' or in a forum purely for the group, how will people know what, if any has been started/suggested????

Margaret

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only if someone posts it here or other social media. Wish someone would.

I think the Admin made a mistake by not opening a part 5. they thought it was close enough to the cruise and the posts would stop. . . . I am not sure why they thought that! But, that left them a huge thread that was not stopping. :eek:

But, it is a shame to cut off our conversation. It isn't like we didn't mention opening a part 5 often enough!!!!!!

I think the Admin made a mistake by not opening a part 5. they thought it was close enough to the cruise and the posts would stop. . . . I am not sure why they thought that! But, that left them a huge thread that was not stopping. :eek:

But, it is a shame to cut off our conversation. It isn't like we didn't mention opening a part 5 often enough!!!!!!

They haven't allowed for any discussion, as to how the group would want to carry this forward, they've just come along and closed the thread for any discussion.

Not good rapport for Cruise Critic

Margaret

They haven't allowed for any discussion, as to how the group would want to carry this forward, they've just come along and closed the thread for any discussion.

Not good rapport for Cruise Critic

Margaret

Can't you just start a new one. The mods can move it wherever it needs to go

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

No, someone asked them on Twitter, and got a tweet saying "The winner has been notified." I would have thought they would have announced it. The same Entry info was given on both allure and Harmony.

I asked them more than a week ago where to view the winning photos and they told me they will get back to me but never did...I followed-up 2 days ago and was told they are still in contact with their contest teams. I am now suspecting the whole contest was a scam.

It probably was a scam. Otherwise they would have published the winning photos. I don't understand why they just didn't ask for photos to be taken & placed on social media without the explicit statement of winning a 5 day cruise.

Maybe it's a small matter to most people but when a company does something like this, it tarnishes their reputation and diminishes the trust in anything they say.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like we will never find out which photo won...RCL refused to release the result of the photo contest. Smells fishy to me!!!

This does sound fishy! Since when does RCCL not want to share publicity and get their name out there? Makes no sense to me.

Lynn & Ken