Harmony Transatlantic LIVE-With a Twist! 10/23/16-11/5/16

Mine too but it still glitched. When I tried again, I noticed the options had changed to include the Princess ship. Wonder if I got caught in a refresh or something.

When I did mine, Harmony was the only one on the list. In the waiting area, I heard someone ask which terminal...so I knew another ship was headed in. I think most know this, but if ever given a choice, the big sisters always dock at pier 18. You might have gotten caught in the refresh

Sorry it didn't work for some. I really didn't download it until we were in the dining room waiting to disembark. I wrote steps for computer tasks for decades. I have suggestions for them. Lol. Safe travels. We don't fly until afternoon today.

Question: I know they make you wait to check in luggage at FLL. How many hours before can you check it in?

Edited by internetwhiz

I know that once you had to be within a two hour window to check in but that must have changed. After the Oasis return, we allowed PLENTY of time for this so we got to the airport about 10:40 and we were able to check in for our 3:45 flight:eek::eek:

It was an amazingly easy debark for us this time. Everything seemed to be operating unusually smoothly:confused:

Edited by truffles2

When I did mine, Harmony was the only one on the list. In the waiting area, I heard someone ask which terminal...so I knew another ship was headed in. I think most know this, but if ever given a choice, the big sisters always dock at pier 18. You might have gotten caught in the refresh

Sorry it didn't work for some. I really didn't download it until we were in the dining room waiting to disembark. I wrote steps for computer tasks for decades. I have suggestions for them. Lol. Safe travels. We don't fly until afternoon today.

Question: I know they make you wait to check in luggage at FLL. How many hours before can you check it in?

I am not sure if it is the same for all of the airlines, but Southwest makes you wait until 4 hrs before your flight to check in luggage. We had to wait in the non-secure area for a good while yesterday since we arrived so early in the am. But, I sat and read my Kindle

I know that once you had to be within a two hour window to check in but that must have changed. After the Oasis return, we allowed PLENTY of time for this so we got to the airport about 10:40 and we were able to check in for our 3:45 flight

It was an amazingly easy debark for us this time. Everything seemed to be operating unusually smoothly

We opted for a late disembarkment yesterday and it turned into a nightmare. We had luggage tags number 63. We disembarked the ship late. It was supposed to be 10:00 - 10:15, but we left the ship closer to 11:00. I think the Coast Guard inspection held us up. No biggie. We sat in the theater and chatted with friends. Once our number was called we walked right off the ship. Cool. After that it want downhill. One piece of luggage was found in the 63 designated area. After searching for a half hour and having to fight the huge crowds by swimming upstream we eventually found our other two bags on the other side of the terminal.:rolleyes: The line was long for immigration at that time (we did not have Global Access and we have Samsung phones, so the app did not work on them) but it went quickly. Somewhere along the line I lost my passport, so that held us up a few minutes and caused a bit of panic. Found it in a slot on the outside of my suitcase. Crisis averted. We got right up to immigration after that. So far so good, but we are among the last 10 people leaving the terminal!:eek:

Then came the line to the taxis.:eek::eek::eek:

We waited for a taxi forever. There were mobs of people outside. There was not a line, but a mob scene. Then it began to rain. Time from disembarkment to taxi = 2 hours! I was beginning to worry we would miss our 4PM flight. However, we made it with time to spare as the security line at the airport was quick and efficient.

Next year we hope to stay over in FLL a day and perhaps arrange a shuttle. It would be worth the cost over that taxi line (mob scene).

We chose late disembarkment as we thought we had time to kill and we are not early risers. Plus, we traditionally like to have a relaxed MDR breakfast on the last morning. But, perhaps a little earlier time to leave would be preferable? We talked to to others who did not have that problem.

Otherwise a GREAT cruise! And we are looking forward to cruising once again next year on the Freedom TA with so many of our old and new friends from this year.:cool:

What happens with the luggage? Do they go to the airline and get checked in? or do we have to find them when we arrive at the airport?

Thanks in advance...

The luggage goes straight to the airport. The next time you see your bags is at your final destination airport.

What happens with the luggage? Do they go to the airline and get checked in? or do we have to find them when we arrive at the airport?

Thanks in advance...

I haven't used it but from what I have read, it goes straight to the airline to get checked in. You will only see it to pick it up at your final destination. Sounds wonderful not to have to lug everything around.

Thanks in advance...

If I understand correctly, they will take your bags right to FLL and check them in to your flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I understand correctly, they will take your bags right to FLL and check them in to your flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, and it's very worth it especially if you have a late pm flight. You can only check your bags in 4 hours before a flight. Also, everyone isn't eligible because your flight has to leave around noon or after, and it only works if you are flying on one of the six airlines that participate. All the info is on the RC website.

It appears that disembarkation was quite chaotic this time, as it was with the Oasis TA. It feels like I got really lucky on the Allure.

I wonder if the cruise terminal design is a contributing factor. My recollection was that luggage was placed in areas designated by electronic signs and an area was used briefly, and then a new color was moved into the same space once the prior number was called. That seems like there is not a lot of space. Could the increased luggage used on a TA vs a 7-day cruise be causing over crowding of the terminal area.

Roy