Harmony Transatlantic LIVE-With a Twist! 10/23/16-11/5/16

I haven't used it but from what I have read, it goes straight to the airline to get checked in. You will only see it to pick it up at your final destination. Sounds wonderful not to have to lug everything around.

The luggage valet service is money well spent! If you are eligible do it! Such a pleasure not having to drag your luggage around. Unfortunately, I have been advised that Celebrity discontinued this wonderful service! Hope they reinstate it soon. We have used it on RC and Celebrity multiple times.

Edited by Cruise a holic

It appears that disembarkation was quite chaotic this time, as it was with the Oasis TA. It feels like I got really lucky on the Allure.

I wonder if the cruise terminal design is a contributing factor. My recollection was that luggage was placed in areas designated by electronic signs and an area was used briefly, and then a new color was moved into the same space once the prior number was called. That seems like there is not a lot of space. Could the increased luggage used on a TA vs a 7-day cruise be causing over crowding of the terminal area.

Roy

Roy, anyone who disembarked by 830-845 had few issues. We had downloaded the new Mobile Passport app and we were third in that line at customs. Unlike Oasis, the crew was processed ahead of regular disembarkation. No one I have heard of exited the terminal at 3 pm like we did on Oasis TA, although quite a few had lengthy waits.

How do the WOW bands work on HOTS? How much are they? Water proof?

Please let me know if this is the way to go.

They are $4.95 and you can get them at guest services. We bought them and liked them - works for cabin door and to charge everything on the ship, but you do need your card for getting on and off the ship. There are more scanners now at the bars that they can lift up and scan your band. They are waterproof. Great for kids. Some reported an issue as some bars couldn't scan from your wrist so you'd have to take it off. At the MDR it was easier to bring the card as waiter has to take it away to charge drinks and extras. Once you have one you can reuse on other Quantum class ships (not sure about other Oasis - hopefully someone will chime in).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Roy, anyone who disembarked by 830-845 had few issues. We had downloaded the new Mobile Passport app and we were third in that line at customs. Unlike Oasis, the crew was processed ahead of regular disembarkation. No one I have heard of exited the terminal at 3 pm like we did on Oasis TA, although quite a few had lengthy waits.

That explains it. . . I heard 2 crew members complaining to one another that they had to get up at 3:00 am. [i could not figure out why--they were not involved in luggage or food prep] They said they could not wait to finish what they were doing so they could go to bed.

I guess they went through customs during the wee hours. :eek:

That explains it. . . I heard 2 crew members complaining to one another that they had to get up at 3:00 am. [i could not figure out why--they were not involved in luggage or food prep] They said they could not wait to finish what they were doing so they could go to bed.

I guess they went through customs during the wee hours. :eek:

Yes, the crew went through customs at 4 AM; otherwise :eek:

What happens with the luggage? Do they go to the airline and get checked in? or do we have to find them when we arrive at the airport?

Thanks in advance...

They get checked in. You don't see them again until you land. We did it last year and loved it they even gave us printed plane tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Only Harmony has Wow bands in the Oasis class.

Previously they just reprogrammed the Wow Bands. I initially got my first on Quantum. Re used it on Anthem, they reprogrammed it at guest services. However the Wow Band also lists your Muster Station. When I was on Anthem, the Muster Station was different than what was printed on the band.

Now it is being reported that if you go to guest services with an old Wow Band, they will exchange it for you for a new one that has the correct Muster Station printed on it. No Charge.

Edited by dedosr

Any idea who won the 5 night cruise for the best pic on Friday.

I thought they would have published the winning pic

It could have been someone on Allure. I had two friends sailing on her when the sisters met, and the same contest info was given to them as well.

It could have been someone on Allure. I had two friends sailing on her when the sisters met, and the same contest info was given to them as well.

Never thought of that one.

I thought they would have published it and made a fuss over it as they were giving away a free cruise.