Cabins overlooking " secret decks "

mrpayroll

you have a nice, big, semi-private balcony steps from your room. most people will never know it exists so you will rarely see people there. great for sail away.

it can be windy when under way. the doors may slam and you may hear them, but again, few people go out there. you have to close your curtains at night to not interfere with navigation, and you might want to when you want 'privacy' although you really have to try, to see through them when you're out there, depending on lighting conditions.

On our upcoming Conquest cruise ( Nov. 6th ) we have room 7202 overlooking the front of ship. Any good ( or bad ) comments appreciated. :)

When I have visited the secret balconies, along with a number of other people, I always tried to look into those cabins....so....best to keep your curtains shut if you have something to hide!

I don't think they are really secret, but rather most cruisers won't make the effort to go out on them just be hit in the face with a stiff wind and not being able to look directly down at the water. Not much attraction quite frankly.

On our upcoming Conquest cruise ( Nov. 6th ) we have room 7202 overlooking the front of ship. Any good ( or bad ) comments appreciated. :)

Here are some pics of 6202 on the Magic. Your cabin on the Conquest will be almost exact; however I think couches are only in some cabins on deck 6 and that's for all the ships that have these 4Js.

Not many people ever on the deck. Nobody tried to peer in our window either. It's very windy out on the deck. Anyone out there is likely taking pics as the ship arrives in port or waiting departure. We got a ton of nice pics from there. Loved the cabin and will book these every chance I get!

20160902_133253_zpsz8ujwwph.jpg

20160828_001752_zpsdcqhfbgy.jpg

20160827_124544_zpsfkc4cpct.jpg

20160827_122217_zpswcv885pg.jpg

20160827_123235_zpsobg3ipw1.jpg

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Had 6201 on Conquest and 7204 on Liberty. Love these rooms! Yes you will walk a lot more but they are super quiet. Being out on the front deck at night is wonderful. Stars, no noise, and usually by yourself. Very calming.

As an FYI, that is an HC room and the beds cannot be put together (at least on the Valor it is that way and they are in the same class). Otherwise, great room. Nice views out the window but better to just walk out onto your semi-private balcony......it's huge! :D

As an FYI, that is an HC room and the beds cannot be put together (at least on the Valor it is that way and they are in the same class). Otherwise, great room. Nice views out the window but better to just walk out onto your semi-private balcony......it's huge! :D
7202 is *NOT* indicated as such for either ship per the Carnival deck plans.

7205 and 7206 yes, but not 7202 (or any of the others along the bow on Deck 7 for that matter).

You will love it. We had the same cabin # on the Valor and the Dream..

Yes, close your curtains at night..

A few tips if you don't mind..

To go to the dining room... walk to the front of the ship then just go down

Brought cloths pins to hold down my bathing suit to dry out..

Did put all my towel creatures on the window for others to enjoy...

There is a self laundry half way down.. $3. to wash/ dry.

When you go to the buffet grab some cheese, fruit and crackers... nice for sail a ways from the islands..

Most important may you have blue skies and calm seas..

Enjoy your cruise

7202 is *NOT* indicated as such for either ship per the Carnival deck plans.

7205 and 7206 yes, but not 7202 (or any of the others along the bow on Deck 7 for that matter).

Sorry, wrong direction. It was 7206. My apologies (wasn't my cabin, I was in 7204).

While cruising on the Dream, I went to the secret deck. When I opened the door and walked on the deck, there was a young couple having a make-out session on the ledge by the window.

I said 'Hi". They stopped the session and said "Hi" back.

I then informed them the other side of the window is someone's cabin. :eek:

They quickly left. I never saw them on the deck again. :D

I think that is the same room I had on the Freedom, anyway, it was a room overlooking the secret deck on 7th deck and is the same class as Conquest.

Yes, good, mostly good if not all for me, was the window ( I sail solo now mostly and that means either inside dark room, or a port hole room), this was a nice big window, and I loved sailaway from there, Port Everglades, two years ago. Loved it also for sailing into ports of call. No loungers out there, but there are a couple of those wooden benches to sit.

Recommend while you are out of the room by day to close the curtains, as the sun does heat up the room, and it felt very warm if I forgot to do so. Also before you head out for the evening make sure the curtains are closed, because later at night when you turn on the lights in your room, it will disturb those working upstairs in the bridge, affects their vision etc, and there will be a sign in the room stating to make sure those curtains are closed at night.

while out at sea, the access to the secret deck is often barred, or at least a sign saying no entry due to high winds, and of course I never went out there at night or while underway, and respected the warning. However on a couple of sail into ports, the crew had forgotten to take down the sign, so I did go out there, but just as we sailed into port, and there was no wind at all, so I figured it was safe, and when I went out, there were a couple of other people out there too. Just don't go out there at night or while out at sea if that sign is up. use common sense.

Motion wise, being up front of the ship, the room was really not very much motion:D I like some:D but even though in September, but no hurricanes in sight, all was calm, and it was smooth sailing.

my room was one of the smaller ones I have ever had though. again, not sure it is the same but the number sounds familiar. if the same, then it is a room without a couch/sofa, table. but I was sailing solo, so it did not matter much to me.

hope you have a great cruise.

I was in one of these rooms on Liberty this past March. It was my first time sailing without a balcony, so I liked the window, even though you really can't see too much. I loved the access to the outside deck, but those doors were locked one of those days due to high winds.

The negatives were walking the length of the ship to get to the dining room or the aft pool area, but the biggest issue was how warm the room was! We begged for a fan, to no avail, and we shopped in Montego Bay and Costa Maya for one. Weed was easy to find, but no fans...😏 I'd probably book that room again, but not without packing a fan!

BIGA961, did you close your room curtains by day? I mean, the sheers, and then the curtains over them? I did not do this the first day, and dang that room was hot, and all night too. next day I closed them as soon as I left the room in the am, and kept them closed all day. It helped, but must say, that it was of the warmest rooms I ever had.