LIVE!!! The Reflection Transatlantic - Oct 21st - 2016! Are we the YOUNGEST again?!

chicagopaul

CD is marten, I believe RS is now on the constellation 🤔

It seems like it was yesterday (actually April 2016) that we did TA east bound on the Reflection which is my favorite S ship. We had Richard Spacey who IMO was great as a CD. He did a tribute to all the different types of dancing on board. That performance was A+, never have we saw such great entertainment on a Celebrity ship.

Two days later we boarded the Constellation and had Marrten as CD. I think now they have switched between the two ships. We will be back on the Constellation in March 2017 on a B2B and hopefully Richard will stay on till then.

Enjoy you TA with wonderful weather and calm seas

It seems like it was yesterday (actually April 2016) that we did TA east bound on the Reflection which is my favorite S ship. We had Richard Spacey who IMO was great as a CD. He did a tribute to all the different types of dancing on board. That performance was A+, never have we saw such great entertainment on a Celebrity ship.

Two days later we boarded the Constellation and had Marrten as CD. I think now they have switched between the two ships. We will be back on the Constellation in March 2017 on a B2B and hopefully Richard will stay on till then.

Enjoy you TA with wonderful weather and calm seas

Agree 100% about RS, we did a B2B in March 2016 and really enjoyed his part/acts, very entertaining [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am absolutely exhausted as I've been up for over 32 hours now. Could barely sleep a wink on the plane. I thought I got a couple hours of sleep but the more I thought about it and felt it...well I didn't! Here is a quick update.

I just posted a video on my Instagram of my hotel. I'll add it to the first video compilation I make and post on youtube. Expect that....maybe tomorrow night? Our hotel in Rome is IQ Roma. It is a low staffed hotel, but has great amenities and plenty of self service options. It even has a roof top with vending machines that serve beer, wine, champagne and more! We have an average sized room, however, we have a wonderful balcony with a very nice view. We're thrilled! All the water and snacks in the room are 100% free as well. To think we only paid $200 a night for this!!

We had a very nice dinner this evening only a couple blocks from the hotel. We were very tired so we did not feel like venturing out. We had a nice bottle of wine, buffalo mozzarella, basil and cherry tomatoes pizza and two pasta dishes.

Tomorrow the weather looks cloudy but with a high of 68 degrees. This will be perfect walking around weather. This is my fourth time in Rome and Edward's third so we don't need to hit any tourist sites. However, we will definitely wander around, find some good lunch, do a little shopping and stop by a couple of my favorite tourist areas for some quick photos.

As always any questions at all regarding the Celebrity Reflection feel free to ask! I cannot wait to board her on Friday.

Cheers!

I look forward to meeting you both on board

Arrived this morning and to Rome and just arrived at the hotel San Giorgio for a day of relaxation prior to the cruise. what a beautiful mid 70-ish day. it looks like we'll have a great crew on board as well as I remember meeting the captain on the equinox turn the holy land tour in 2010 and he's a very bright articulate funny man.

you'll find the upgrade to the sky suite is worth it, take advantage of the Michael's club concierge as she could really work wonders to make a very good cruise and do a very great cruise. hopefully I'll see you around I'll be the guy with the Pepsi, sitting up in the alcove.

Great hotel!..hope you enjoy the cruise. .We,ll be following along ...

Edited by hcat

Hey Paul, I'm looking forward to your posts...going to follow you on Instagram too...I've enjoyed your previous posts and will be paying attention as we are booked on Reflection TAs next April and October...Have so much fun :)

It sounds like your trip is off to a nice start! Looking forward to following along.

We're on Reflection in February. Currently going back and forth weather to upgrade from a 1C to an aft S2 for about $800. I'm afraid the suite will spoil us though!

We upgraded from a C2 to an S1 corner aft and are we spoiled. It was only 300 total. Paid 9109 for a 16 day TA to Rome on the Reflection this coming April! Yes, you will be spoiled!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lastdance

Hey Paul, I'm looking forward to your posts...going to follow you on Instagram too...I've enjoyed your previous posts and will be paying attention as we are booked on Reflection TAs next April and October...Have so much fun :)

Sure hope our April TA is great; it is my first time on a TA, but not my fist on Celebrity....

I would love to hear your thoughts (and see pictures if you take any) on the new menu items in Tuscan. I haven't been able to find much information by searching and am guessing the change was fairly recent.

One other quick question as I'm reading your old reviews, how are you liking the cookbook? Have you made a lot of the recipes?

Edited by newcruiser09

Cheers Everyone. FYI I've seen the above posts and questions. I'll answer later when I'm on my laptop. We've had a great start to our trip. We slept in today in order to catch up on sleep and we feel great. No jet lag or anything. As long as we can sleep well tonight we can say we've adjusted perfectly.

Despite being to Rome four times we still need to hit the regular tourist sites. If you've followed my instagram you've seen that. Below is a little video compilation of our hotel room and a few sites we've visited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a wonderful last night in Rome. Had drinks at the St. Regis and a great meal after. Next post will come as we are boarding the ship! I absolutely love Rome but if I must leave it I'm happy to be boarding the Reflection. Enjoy the below video.

Cheers Cruise Critic!

Well, I'd like to welcome you to come along with Edward and I on our second Transatlantic cruise; this one aboard the beautiful Celebrity Reflection departing from Rome in a few days on October 21st. We are currently sitting at the airport (ORD) waiting for our flight as we sip drinks and watch the Chicago Cubs game.

We are flying via Lufthansa through Munich and then into Rome. We should be arriving tomorrow, the 19th, at 5:30pm Rome time. We're excited to be flying on the A340-600 (It's no new 350 or 380, but it's close!).

This will be the 5th time we are on the Celebrity Reflection and we cannot wait until we hear the first "boing" as we climb onboard.

As always any questions at all, no matter how small or large feel free to ask. I will be posting many more video blogs and you'll actually get to see my face this time (I apologize in advance for this). I will post the videos on here via YouTube and you'll be able to follow me on my Youtube channel as well. You can also follow along on Instagram.

My Instagram handle is Paulkblackburn - I should be easy to find, I hope.

Our accommodations on the Reflection: We upgraded a couple weeks ago to a Sky Suite S1, room 2127. We're excited to enjoy the suite restaurant again and for the first time to experience Michael's Club as a private club since the last time we were in a suite Sky suites were not welcome.

Again, any questions you have please feel free to ask. We hope you enjoy the journey with us.

Cheers & Happy Sailing!

X and a trans = older people.

Hi Paul,

I'll be following your adventures, as I did on your previous transatlantic.

I'm booked on my first transatlantic in the spring on the Silhouette in a sky suite.

I'll check out your Instagram also.

Have a great time,

Mark

Edited by SeaWatch12

Take good care of her, we'll be boarding when you get to miami!

Sent from my D6616 using Forums mobile app

Hopefully they have the kinks out of boarding for your trip. Last year, it was painful after the transatlantic. 3 hour lines, standing in the heat to board her. Was not a pleasant beginning but the rest of the trip was wonderful. They said customs held up the works and I think the check in staff in MIA was new.

Happy Sailing:D

Cheers everyone! I took a cabin video but internet is running slow now. I'll try to upload to YouTube later.

We had Romecabs pick us up at 10am at our hotel. We were at the ship just after 11. I think I had a drink in my hand by 11:35? No problems getting on board. Smooth experience.

We started with two screwdrivers at the pool bar and already met several people from Cruise Critic, a couple from Canada and a couple we sailed with in April.

We had lunch in Luminae. I had the burger and Edward had the chicken and waffles. Both were good. I feel my burger was better last time. We will see if it changes.

We already saw our favorite bartender Chairul and the very wonderful bartender Iva.

It is 5pm and we're currently getting ready for the night. I'll post some photos of the night and will again take some videos. Fingers crossed the internet cooperates.

FYI - we seem to have unlimited internet linked to our account? We didn't buy it but we were going to. We will see how long this lasts.

Also our butler is Hilario. He met us at 1:30 at the room with our luggage! I'm think we will like him.

Photo of our room 2127

9a4d1f6a94a64ff42b8dea66fa847763.jpg