Invitation to Sailor Jack, et al. -WARNING to others

As the title suggests this is an early notice and invitation to

Sailor Jack, Yorkvillain, FunBobby, WolfgangHowell, Merion Mom, A&L Ont, Darth Grady and anyone else who has ever indicated they are messed up enough to want to sit in a Schooner bar with me.

It is probably also a warning to many others on here.

As of today we are seriously looking at a cruise on Empress of the Seas on either March 4 or March 18, 2017.

Why you ask? Lemme 'splain my reasons:

1) It's another small ship and Miami is easy for us and Jet Blue.

2) It is a 5 night short one and might be a spring break cruise.

3) It is INCREDIBLY cheap

4) We've never been on Empress

5) The BIG ONE: the itinerary is 2 sea days with absolutely NO visits to any of the St. Homogenized Islands (thanks to Darth Grady for that one)

Cozumel is one port and a full eleven hour visit to the Conch Republic. YESSSSSS. :cool:

So if anyone is demented enough to actually want to live what will turn into a John Galt NY review, I will post notice of the exact cruise in the thread next week.

Sailor Jack, I hereby challenge you to what I admit is a suicidal (on my part) game of dueling cruise reviews.

Edited by JohnGaltny

Sailor Jack, Yorkvillain, FunBobby, WolfgangHowell, Merion Mom, A&L Ont, Darth Grady and anyone else who has ever indicated they are messed up enough to want to sit in a Schooner bar with me.

As of today we are seriously looking at a cruise on Empress of the Seas on either March 4 or March 18, 2017.

5) The BIG ONE: the itinerary is 2 sea days with absolutely NO visits to any of the St. Homogenized Islands (thanks to Darth Grady for that one)

Cozumel is one port and a full eleven hour visit to the Conch Republic. YESSSSSS. :cool:

So if anyone is demented enough to actually want to live what will turn into a John Galt NY review, I will post notice of the exact cruise in the thread next week.

Sailor Jack, I hereby challenge you to what I admit is a suicidal (on my part) game of dueling cruise reviews.

Jet Blue also now fly's directly to Daytona Beach from JFK. Not sure of prices and typically Daytona is a bit more expensive and March would be a busy time with everything that goes on here starting with Speed Weeks (including 24 hours) and Bike week.

Daytona is about an hour from PC. Very nice and easy airport to fly in/out of.

Jet Blue also now fly's directly to Daytona Beach from JFK. Not sure of prices and typically Daytona is a bit more expensive and March would be a busy time with everything that goes on here starting with Speed Weeks (including 24 hours) and Bike week.

Daytona is about an hour from PC. Very nice and easy airport to fly in/out of.

Thanks but we have a direct from our local airport (which is a HUGE lot better than that mess at JFK) to FLL (avoiding the madness of MIA)

Port Canaveral has nothing for us and Daytona is a fair ride from Miami.

Edited by JohnGaltny

Thanks but we have a direct from our local airport (which is a HUGE lot better than that mess at JFK) to FLL (avoiding the madness of MIA)

Wasn't sure many knew about this... JetBlue, they recently added these flights so another airline besides Delta. Delta goes through Atlanta.

Edited by troykahack

I think dueling cruise reviews is a great idea. I'd definitely read those! It makes me want to go too...and we've never sailed Empress either. Hmmm....;)

Gosh darn...if I were there, I'd probably have to get our cruise review aliases out of storage and try another review....it's been awhile for Anastasia and Rusty!

Judy & Buz

(aka Anastasia Beaverhausen and Rusty Shackleford)

John, say it ain't so. Thank you for the invitation but I have to decline this go around. We are headed to Florida March 7th and board Harmony on the 11th right between both of your possible dates.

I will have to live vicariously through your review. To think your verbal barrage will either amp me up pre-sailing or provide me comfort while suffering in post cruise depression. No pressure what so ever. ;)

I look forward to your future adventures.

John, say it ain't so. Thank you for the invitation but I have to decline this go around. We are headed to Florida March 7th and board Harmony on the 11th right between both of your possible dates.

I have the perfect solution for that problem. We booked the Harmony for December 3 eighteen months in advance. Then we were offered a free sailing on the Empress but the dates did not work. So we are going on the Empress for 3 nights beginning November 28, then have 2 days to launder and repack our clothes before boarding the Harmony. So 3 nights on the oldest, smallest ship followed by 7 nights on the newest, largest ship. Similar to an appetizer before an entree :D

I will have to live vicariously through your review. To think your verbal barrage will either amp me up pre-sailing or provide me comfort while suffering in post cruise depression. No pressure what so ever. ;)

I look forward to your future adventures.

So if we go on March 4, head to Florida on the 3rd, get back on the 8th, go see the Everglades and the bikinis at South beach for 2 days and then get on Harmony.

Problem solved. See why I used to make the big money.:D

Can you imagine the demented laughter and trouble in person? Oh my. Supposedly we are limited to <gasp> one cruise in 2017 and it's already booked with friends in the fall. But never say never. I'll keep my eye on it. Club Royale might be able to throw us a really good rate on this. Maybe Villain can drink again by then. ;)

Damn tempting, but......I will have just returned from Grandeur on February 13 and fly to Sydney for the Radiance on March 23. Also trying to fit in a wedding in California on March 18. Too jammed up there. :( :( :(

I have the perfect solution for that problem. We booked the Harmony for December 3 eighteen months in advance. Then we were offered a free sailing on the Empress but the dates did not work. So we are going on the Empress for 3 nights beginning November 28, then have 2 days to launder and repack our clothes before boarding the Harmony. So 3 nights on the oldest, smallest ship followed by 7 nights on the newest, largest ship. Similar to an appetizer before an entree :D

I'm on Harmony now, until the 5th, then boarding Majesty on the 7th. :D :D :D

Invitation to JohnGaltny, et al. -WARNING to others

This is an early notice and invitation for you to start your vacation a day earlier on March 3, 2017 but sail a little bit longer on the Navigator for a 9-night Southern Caribbean cruise.

I'll be waiting for you at the Schooner Bar.

Edited by Yorkvillain

I'm on Harmony now, until the 5th, then boarding Majesty on the 7th. :D :D :D

Another reason to give the Empress another try was to practice for what you are doing. I will be retiring in a few months and we will be moving four hours north. Thinking two cruises with a day or two in between will make the longer drive to FLL and MIA worthwhile. Empress/Harmony combo will determine if that will work for us. I suspect the answer will be an emphatic "Yes!".

OK so far I am ZERO for everybody. I have that effect on people.

Now if Sailor Jack is coming, or is on another cruise, March will be one helluva month for cruise reviews with this crowd all spread out on different ships all at the same time..

...JetBlue doesn't fly to MIA tho ;)

Edited by F27TW