Constellation in dry Dock May 2017

Beanb41

Wow, am I the only one who thinks the updates sound great?

Can't wait to check out the updated penthouse; they have fantastic space but the decor is more than a little out of date.

LOVE the updated key cards.

The burger bar sounds like an upgrade over the current offerings.

Will be on her in June and am now even more excited!

Guess I might be wrong but I will say if they plan on charging much for a burger by the pool I consider it a negative. The burger bar with topping was a great fast free lunch.

I was on the Escape last fall and they had a pay extra Jimmy Buffets burger place and it was mostly empty.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's disappointing.

The tatty Sky Suites are still going to be tatty on 26th May. Also doesn't say how much they are going to charge for burgers from the new poolside grill (can't imagine they are going to be free anymore, Celebrity doesn't miss an opportunity to charge for something).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the press release it seems that even sky suites will get some type of upgrade.

"Every Penthouse and Royal Suite will get updated with new powder room refreshes, including porcelain tiled floors, new glimmering fixtures, marble surfaces, and cozy seats. The rest of the suite areas will get refreshed furnishings like plush furniture, new artwork, luxurious carpeting, drapes, and bed linens – promising guests the most comfortable, relaxing modern luxury experience."

From the press release it seems that even sky suites will get some type of upgrade.

"Every Penthouse and Royal Suite will get updated with new powder room refreshes, including porcelain tiled floors, new glimmering fixtures, marble surfaces, and cozy seats. The rest of the suite areas will get refreshed furnishings like plush furniture, new artwork, luxurious carpeting, drapes, and bed linens – promising guests the most comfortable, relaxing modern luxury experience."

I hope you're right. I read "The rest of the suite areas" to mean the rest of the areas in Penthouse and Royal suites, I.e. not the bathrooms.

I read "The rest of the suite areas" to mean the rest of the areas in Penthouse and Royal suites, I.e. not the bathrooms.

Yes, me too. I think if it was all of the suites, they'd be shouting about it more e.g. 'Every single suite on the ship will be ....

I doubt it. We sailed in an S1 after the Summit"upgrade" and the only suites that were redone were the Royal and Penthouse suites. No Celebrity or sky suites were done. Perhaps the hallway carpet in the suite area was replaced-but that was it. Same chipped furniture, lumpy couch, and drapes and bed spread tattered and not clean looking. Surely not suite worthy! Of course the prices continue to rise.

I guess I misread it. If they really meant to update sky suites too that probably would have said "the rest of the suites" vs, "the rest of the suite areas". My bad. Well we will be in a sky suite so we will find out!

I hope you're right. I read "The rest of the suite areas" to mean the rest of the areas in Penthouse and Royal suites, I.e. not the bathrooms.

I would be inclined to agree with this assessment, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love having a basic, tasty, free BBQ burger for lunch on ships! I really hope they will keep some free burgers because paying the same price for a burger I could buy at home that should be free onboard is not cool to me.

Exactly, $10 for a burger by the pool is not cool when you have already paid a $2000 cover charge!

No live update or daily blog detailing progress of the drydock? Maybe some photos of the work being carried out so we can see the progress? Other cruise lines have done this during refits.

No live update or daily blog detailing progress of the drydock? Maybe some photos of the work being carried out so we can see the progress? Other cruise lines have done this during refits.

What a great idea. Would love to see this!

I just left the ship in Barcelona and they were heading to France to dry dock. Oceanliners is definitely coming out. They already have Sushi on 5. Were covering carpet in Library. Removing furniture from aft balconies-the awning supports are all rotted. Elevators failing. Started upgrading wi-fi. The Cafe needs work.

I love having a basic, tasty, free BBQ burger for lunch on ships! I really hope they will keep some free burgers because paying the same price for a burger I could buy at home that should be free onboard is not cool to me.

I totally agree, last cruise we did was with Carnival and Guy's Burgers was great for a quick lunch and came at no extra charge.

I totally agree, last cruise we did was with Carnival and Guy's Burgers was great for a quick lunch and came at no extra charge.

But the comparison all around Carvinal v. Celebrity is a much different cruise experience. Carnival overall is less expensive- IMO just like on RC, we pay additional ($7 pp) to dine in Johnny rockets- but it is worth it!

Sure the experience is different and we are talking about different cruise prices too to start with, however I find it hard to digest that a burger stand is being sold as a premium, extra cost feature on a cruise line of Celebrity's caliber.

I don't get it.....Celebrity gives us the drink package included with the cruise, but if we want a good burger or hot dog for that matter we have to pay extra for it. Makes no sense to me at all.

We board the Connie the end of October and maybe it will be changed back by then.

I don't get it.....Celebrity gives us the drink package included with the cruise, but if we want a good burger or hot dog for that matter we have to pay extra for it. Makes no sense to me at all.

We board the Connie the end of October and maybe it will be changed back by then.

They are "giving" you nothing. You are paying for it in your fare. We book only group prices without the drink package and there is a big $$$ difference.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

They are "giving" you nothing. You are paying for it in your fare. We book only group prices without the drink package and there is a big $$$ difference.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

12 day Europe cruise in a balcony on deck 6 with the classic drink package and tips and $300 obc for $1350 a person. Tell me how thats expensive.