Drinking Water

bethhorn

Neither did we. Policy went effect mid-July, a few weeks before our final payment. We were not notified. Our cruise sailed on October 30, still no notification. Luckily we aren't people who bring water or soda aboard.

It appears like they notified people close to cruise date (i.e. Within final

Payment). We got individual emails for two of our cruises. "Important information regarding your upcoming cruise" with a reservation number.

I don't care how many cruises you claim to have been on.

I don't list my cruises and didn't have a need to ask for certain information, UNTIL Del Rio changed a policy on of all things .....WATER!

When in the dining room, you are offered ....for a price....several kinds of bottled water.

I ask for information about what brand of water..... is for sale.

If you don't know, then don't post.

I want knowledge from those who "KNOW" what kind of WATER is SOLD at the table.

And I thought alcohol not water caused aggression

And I thought alcohol not water caused aggression

No, Only those who wish to continue a war and have nothing to add because they don't KNOW.

It's one of the reasons CC has fewer new people willing to even ask a question without being flamed with all your "knowledge'.

The know-it-alls are of particular concern as they make themselves 'captain' of the subject.

No, Only those who wish to continue a war and have nothing to add because they don't KNOW.

It's one of the reasons CC has fewer new people willing to even ask a question without being flamed with all your "knowledge'.

The know-it-alls are of particular concern as they make themselves 'captain' of the subject.

Good grief. You have 140 posts and 90 percent them have to with the water policy or the CEO of NCL. Point is well taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pay the $50-60 for a case and be done with it then... it is a vacation you know....

Keep up with the thread.

You have many choices to drink.... I have but one which I dislike with a passion and of course the ships hold.

I have decided how to solve my problem and see if it passes the test.

Keep up with the thread.

You have many choices to drink.... I have but one which I dislike with a passion and of course the ships hold.

I have decided how to solve my problem and see if it passes the test.

Huh? I read the entire thread as we drink a lot of water as well... you seem to not like the responses although I think all questions have been answered... how about one of these for the "tap" water:

https://www.amazon.com/LifeStraw-Bottle-1-Stage-Integrated-1000-Liter/dp/B00H90PFOK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1479568365&sr=8-5&keywords=water+purifier+camping

https://www.amazon.com/Brita-Everyday-Water-Pitcher-Filter/dp/B004GNGID0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1479568523&sr=8-6&keywords=water+purifier

Edited by bobsfamily

On one cruise we did purchase a 6 pack of 1 liter bottles of water and took the unopened bottles home.

Last year we were able to buy 16 oz. Bottles of water from one of the bars. Those were more convenient for carrying around.

how much were the 16 oz

Last Month on Breakaway Aquafina 1 liter bottle was $6.49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pre-cruise price for 6 works out to about $4.51 per bottle with mandatory gratuity, so I guess you do "save 30%" with that package (or close to it).

The same size Aquafina costs $1.99 at my local supermarket, and a Corona beer costs about $1.50. So they mark up beer more than water, but not by much!

Last Month on Breakaway Aquafina 1 liter bottle was $6.49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF you buy a case upfront it's $70.74 which comes out to $2.95 per bottle. Less than half... just saying. I've seen bottled water at events/cruises/concerts at $3 a bottle all the time.

We will be sailing on HAL, X, and Princess in the next year happily enjoying our choice of refreshing bottled water as part of their free drink packages which do not come with the bogus need to pay gratuities as an additional charge.

Of course I understand that we are silly and that the tap water on board is perfectly acceptable and 'tastes fine' to many NCL boosters.

I guess we will be rebels and patronize the cruise lines that actually offer what we want instead of conforming to NCL's twisted marketing plan. JMHO

We will be sailing on HAL, X, and Princess in the next year happily enjoying our choice of refreshing bottled water as part of their free drink packages which do not come with the bogus need to pay gratuities as an additional charge.

Of course I understand that we are silly and that the tap water on board is perfectly acceptable and 'tastes fine' to many NCL boosters.

I guess we will be rebels and patronize the cruise lines that actually offer what we want instead of conforming to NCL's twisted marketing plan. JMHO

GOOD for you, love Celebrity...

We all got to do things that are important to us. I also love Celebrity and I drink the water on their ships and it tastes good as well.