Self Service Laundromat

1964pilot

You use your cruise card to purchase tokens on the Crown and they have a machine to purchase soap, etc. I usually pack a little laundry bag, has dryer sheets, small spray starch, downy wrinkle remover and the individual liquid tide (in travel sz area at Target etc). I use a very small cosmetic bag to hold all this, and I also put a few clothes pins in. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What type of soap is available.

Bring your own like we do. Laundry pods like these:

http://tide.com/en-us/shop/type/laundry-pods/tide-pods-laundry-detergent

Get them at the grocery store (or Target, or Walmart, or K-mart). Much less costly than buying the soap on the ship. BTW, they don't have to be Tide pods. Also, the washing machines on board are not the new energy/water saving machines so no special low suds soap is needed, just the regular stuff.

Bring your own like we do. Laundry pods like these:

http://tide.com/en-us/shop/type/laundry-pods/tide-pods-laundry-detergent

Get them at the grocery store (or Target, or Walmart, or K-mart). Much less costly than buying the soap on the ship. BTW, they don't have to be Tide pods. Also, the washing machines on board are not the new energy/water saving machines so no special low suds soap is needed, just the regular stuff.

Totally agree the stuff they use plays up with our skin too.

Edited by GUT2407

Do all of the Princess Ships have tokens for Laundry? We will be on the Crown in December and was wondering if I need to take my stash of quarters?

I think they all have been converted to tokens, but if not the Purser's desk will have change.

Way back when, on Pacific we needed American quarters, (I'm an Aussie) so off to the Purser's desk, they sold us some.

Bring your own and save yourself some money. I put in about 6 Tide pods and 3 sheets of fabricate softener in our luggage. Even though we're Elite and get free laundry, we still do our own. It's done in 1-1/2 hours and our clothes aren't washed with others. Always be in control - not Princess.

Not all ships take tokens. Last time we were on Crown (or Coral, or Island...) they didn't take tokens. I generally just stick a roll of quarters in my bag. It's small.

Must have been awhile since you were on the Coral (or maybe you didn't use the self serve laundry). As for all ships having gone to the token I can't answer that question, but a year ago we were on the Coral and they did use tokens in the self serve laundry.

We are getting close to elite. Seems we can't go too many days without doing some laundry. I use to have those Purex sheets but no longer available. I have learn I prefer my own soap and softener. Thanks for all the help I will use the quarters for the slot machines in Las Vegas on our way to Long Beach.

They use tokens now and you can get them with your cruise card. This is the best thing about getting to the elite status Princess takes care of your laundry.

Well that what my wife thinks :D

Tony

Mrs Gut won't let them near ours.

On the Royal and the Caribbean Princess I saw Tide. I pack my own Tide pods and fabric softener. They don't take up much room and saves on the cost of doing laundry. Even though we get ours free, I still do my own. Get it back the same day and our clothes aren't being washed with others. I would send out T-shirts and shorts but not my underwear. :D