Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

So if they aren't in the house yet, why does the title of your threat say that they are? (Which would be insanely fast just a few days after cutting the first steel.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because at some point there will be, and people can continue to post updates in this thread about the build.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

How do you know this Lloyd555? Do you or a friend work at the ship yard? Online news reports?

I heard from a few sources about the Oasis 4 being moved. And one of them mentioned that the space was now available for Celebrity Edge.

I heard from a few sources about the Oasis 4 being moved. And one of them mentioned that the space was now available for Celebrity Edge.

the profile of the first cut photo "could" imply a catamaran twin hull. Now THAT would be cutting edge design.

the profile of the first cut photo "could" imply a catamaran twin hull. Now THAT would be cutting edge design.

I thought so too!! That would be awesome.

It also looks to have a similar bow to AIDA Prima for example.

22ad154070079e17d2b0e931b2a1b3f0.jpg

8077ebe6aea921cc6899cc71c24471a4.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

• 3 months later...
Thanks Lloyd for starting this thread. The ship has some very cool features and cabins. Look forward to following the build process here.

Going to enjoy watching them build the big orange elevator. 😜

96362601d46712dd8bbfa3ae52400586.jpg

adb0de92374d1a0ecce7d1d4b28bac3d.jpg

Going to enjoy watching them build the big orange elevator. 😜

I would like to see a full rendering of the ship to see how the "big orange elevator" looks with the rest of the ship. While the idea is very innovative and cutting "Edge" different, It really stands out (and perhaps what they wanted). No symmetry though. The staterooms on the other hand are very impressive. Would I like to sail on her? Yes indeed.

I would like to see a full rendering of the ship to see how the "big orange elevator" looks with the rest of the ship. While the idea is very innovative and cutting "Edge" different, It really stands out (and perhaps what they wanted). No symmetry though. The staterooms on the other hand are very impressive. Would I like to sail on her? Yes indeed.

I really wish it weren't bright orange, it's the only negative thing I have to say.

I really wish it weren't bright orange, it's the only negative thing I have to say.

I totally agree with you. I think white would have worked great. I do wonder though, that giving its location and original and now part intended use ( i.e. tender platform), if they were required by some maritime law to have some color on it. Recall that most if not all life boats have some bright paint color (orange and yellow very common).

I totally agree with you. I think white would have worked great. I do wonder though, that giving its location and original and now part intended use ( i.e. tender platform), if they were required by some maritime law to have some color on it. Recall that most if not all life boats have some bright paint color (orange and yellow very common).

Possibly as it seems to match the life boats or whatever their new fancy name is ;). I think if the giant looking handle up top we're white or blue it would look better though.

Possibly as it seems to match the life boats or whatever their new fancy name is ;). I think if the giant looking handle up top we're white or blue it would look better though.

Presumably they can change the colour much later on in the build.

One thing I noticed Is the sloping walkway on the port side between two decks - that would seem to take a lot of space out for sun loungers. That coupled with the retreat and the garden area might mean sun loungers availability could be an issue.

cc284d322a4bf77d69282b085c10fc6d.jpg

508a76c55d0c865b4073f487cd7ffebc.jpg

"The Magic Carpet deck will scale a bright orange track, letting it move from decks 2 to 16.

Imagine a mini-deck—it’s the length of a tennis court—that hovers off the edge of the ship, moving up and down along a vertical track almost like an elevator. That’s the Magic Carpet, a new public space that will serve different purposes at different times of the day. When it’s positioned on Deck 2, it’s a stylish disembarkation point. On Deck 5, it becomes a lunch spot with wraparound views. Up on Deck 14, it’s an extension to the pool area, sometimes with a DJ. (Think of it as a pool party that comes and goes, explained Lutoff-Perlo.) And in the evenings, the Magic Carpet will anchor at Deck 16, where it’ll become a fine dining restaurant that's cantilevered over the sea. Said Lutoff-Perlo: “Where else in the world can you get this experience, sitting 16 stories above the sea, dining by moonlight with a view of Barcelona?” "