Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Lloyd, if you get a chance, can you take some closeups of port side.....showing deck 6 around rescue boat as well as shots of deck 5 so we can see area where MC will stop and same position on port side. Deck plans hard to read on what is inside vs outside on 5

Here is a closeup of the S3 balconies. They have 3 windows each, as pointed out before. I am assuming they have a slider and then a fixed window to one side?

enhance

You can see the same arrangement of 3 windows ( a slider and 1fixed) on the aft S1 suites port side.

b3151a0aa2d911de86f2a8b2e0587921.jpg

Lloyd, I think the two cabins immediately next to the bridge...on both the port and starboard side are probably part of the bridge, Captains quarters perhaps other officers quarters as well. We had a brief speculation about this about 30 pages ago or so.. They do not show up on deck plans... there is a blank space where they are. I do wonder if the windows open or if they are like the ones for the panoramic ocean view.

Here is a closeup of the S3 balconies. They have 3 windows each, as pointed out before. I am assuming they have a slider and then a fixed window to one side?

enhance

You can see the same arrangement of 3 windows ( a slider and 1fixed) on the aft S1 suites port side.

b3151a0aa2d911de86f2a8b2e0587921.jpg

As we discussed earlier, all SS (S1,S2,S3) do have 3 tall windows. The difference I mentioned a few pages back is the spacing and width of the windows on the S3 (see spacing between fixed window and the other two next to it) compared to the ones on the S1 and S2. The S3 cabins appear to be wider while the other S1,S2 appear deeper.

As we discussed earlier, all SS (S1,S2,S3) do have 3 tall windows. The difference I mentioned a few pages back is the spacing and width of the windows on the S3 (see spacing between fixed window and the other two next to it) compared to the ones on the S1 and S2. The S3 cabins appear to be wider while the other S1,S2 appear deeper.

Yes, now I remember that it was you who talked about that. :D None of the pictures of SS's have that wider space between the fixed window and the sliders so it's anyone's guess how those will be configured. You may be correct in that if they are wider, they may have the bed facing the sea. They will likely have the couch in front of the fixed window, which will be nice. :D

Maybe will look like this, though with the wider division between the fixed window and slider. They probably don't show it because it looks asymmetric.

enhance

Yes, now I remember that it was you who talked about that. :D None of the pictures of SS's have that wider space between the fixed window and the sliders so it's anyone's guess how those will be configured. You may be correct in that if they are wider, they may have the bed facing the sea. They will likely have the couch in front of the fixed window, which will be nice. :D

Maybe will look like this, though with the wider division between the fixed window and slider. They probably don't show it because it looks asymmetric.

enhance

It's the other way around :D. If it's wider the bed will be on the side wall as you need a wider space. On the flip side, the cabin needs to be deeper with the bed facing the sea and the couch at the end. The bed is longer than its wider (therefore a deeper cabin). Maybe that's the another reason why the S2 and I would speculate some of the S1 on the Port and Starboard side have bigger inside cabin space. Hope this makes sense.

It's the other way around :D. If it's wider the bed will be on the side wall as you need a wider space. On the flip side, the cabin needs to be deeper with the bed facing the sea and the couch at the end. The bed is longer than its wider (therefore a deeper cabin). Maybe that's the another reason why the S2 and I would speculate some of the S1 on the Port and Starboard side have bigger inside cabin space. Hope this makes sense.

Okay, that makes sense! :D

Amazing pictures, Lloyd!! Happy Sunday!

Where to begin - major discovery for those in the aft, I believe! It appears that the balconies do connect and with doors instead at the ends (or at least the cabins with firewalls. I wondered if they would do that for at least the S1's and adjoining cabins since they are Sky Family Suites at Xmas and New Years. Very cool! :D

Also, hcat, it looks like you may have a view from 7 into Eden (unless the glass is one way). :D

enhance

The whole thing looks odd to me.. and the angles and reflection make it hard to figure things out..

It looks like a partial wall on the left and that door opening into the balc on the right side...???? Not a fan of that... possible security issue depending on who controls opening it..???

I do like the set back. I am afraid of heights so I would never go near the balc "edge" to look down into Eden. We booked this cabin to reduce our costs ( less than AQ) , the MDR restaurant experience, larger cabin and fact that it was something diff..

We are actually figuring out where we'd book if we do another EDGE cruise or the new one...probably back to AQ 1 on a bump out, nearer somehow to the spa area or midships ??

The whole thing looks odd to me.. and the angles and reflection make it hard to figure things out..

It looks like a partial wall on the left and that door opening into the balc on the right side...???? Not a fan of that... possible security issue depending on who controls opening it..???

I do like the set back. I am afraid of heights so I would never go near the balc "edge" to look down into Eden. We booked this cabin to reduce our costs ( less than AQ) , the MDR restaurant experience, larger cabin and fact that it was something diff..

We are actually figuring out where we'd book if we do another EDGE cruise or the new one...probably back to AQ 1 on a bump out, nearer somehow to the spa area or midships ??

The partial opening of the ends of the balconies looks similar to S Class. It has to be opened with a tool by the cabin steward (or at least ours was when we had it opened on the Reflection). I'm glad for the option in case we do travel with friends/family.

The partial opening of the ends of the balconies looks similar to S Class. It has to be opened with a tool by the cabin steward (or at least ours was when we had it opened on the Reflection). I'm glad for the option in case we do travel with friends/family.

If the partition opens, wonder why they need would a door???

Ours was not listed as a connecting cabin..That's why we switched from the connecting cabin next to the suite. Whatever it is, it will be home for 9 days in Nov!

We are still hoping for a SV to join our cabin crawl...no luck yet

If the partition opens, wonder why they need would a door???

Ours was not listed as a connecting cabin..That's why we switched from the connecting cabin next to the suite. Whatever it is, it will be home for 9 days in Nov!

We are still hoping for a SV to join our cabin crawl...no luck yet

I think the reflections are playing tricks on us some, but the SV's may have a door on one side to connect to the cabin on the other side of the firewall (likely is locked on each side like connecting hotel rooms) and then a partition end that folds back on the other side between cabins where there is no firewall.

The folding partition type ones with balconies that connect at the end are not listed as connected cabins on the Reflection either - it is just an option that you might not even notice unless you asked if balconies could be connected. They are locked shut otherwise.

Here is what it looks like locked (lock circled in red):

enhance

Here is what it looks like with that end part open (excuse my SIL's arm). It's nice because it wasn't fully open so had privacy (we knocked before peeking around the corner), but could have drinks, 4 PM munchies and breakfast out there together:

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

Thanks for the aft shot, Lloyd! I wondered what those white things were on some of the balconies. Now I can see it is the connecting doors for those who have firewalls and some have been left open. I wondered if the Sky Family Suites would be connected, in addition to the alcove outside their doors. I am hoping there is no connecting door inside the rooms.

The scale in this picture seems a little off because the SV balcony would need to be a bit deeper to be an average of 89 sq ft (and the SV furniture looks bigger than the suite's):

enhance

Yes please. S2s on the Starboard side near the MC. Thanks again for these great photos.

Not too familiar with categories, but according to the deck plans its the two cabins on each side of the MC rails from decks 9- 12, correct?

2355d9e1cbd50f01c2d2fee316581cfd.jpg

Not too familiar with categories, but according to the deck plans its the two cabins on each side of the MC rails from decks 9- 12, correct?

The circled ones are the S2's on the starboard side - some on 9 forward and some on 10 aft of the MC. There are also some way forward on 10 so likely not the desired ones.

enhance

I think the reflections are playing tricks on us some, but the SV's may have a door on one side to connect to the cabin on the other side of the firewall (likely is locked on each side like connecting hotel rooms) and then a partition end that folds back on the other side between cabins where there is no firewall.

The folding partition type ones with balconies that connect at the end are not listed as connected cabins on the Reflection either - it is just an option that you might not even notice unless you asked if balconies could be connected. They are locked shut otherwise.

Here is what it looks like locked (lock circled in red):

enhance

Here is what it looks like with that end part open (excuse my SIL's arm). It's nice because it wasn't fully open so had privacy (we knocked before peeking around the corner), but could have drinks, 4 PM munchies and breakfast out there together:

enhance

That's the style we are used to...had them unlocked on Silhouette..lots of fun!

Lloyd - The ones you circled are Invinite Veranda E category. The next set of cabins in the forward direction on decks 9, 10 are the S1s and S2s.

Thank you.

It will be interesting to see the actual interior space for each Sky suite.

Info from X states that the square footage (excluding verandahs) for the three cabin categories is:

S1- 299

S2- 319

S3- 298.

I'm hoping your theory is correct and that those “deeper” aft S1's will have the bed facing the sea. 😁