Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Lloyd555

Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

She's moving!  ... or maybe not....  :classic_ohmy:

Destination: Port Everglades!  ETA 0800 tomorrow!

From LLP's recent tweet:

"Absolutely excited for #celebrityedge to sail into @PortEverglades tomorrow between 8-9am. I’ll be onboard w the amazing crew waving! Join the flotilla on the north side of the channel to escort her into the port to be part of this"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lloyd or Peter or anyone: Do you know if the shipbuilders have flown home from the Bahamas or are they continuing the journey to FLL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Yup, definitely moving now.  :classic_smile:

 

Did you notice the arrival time on Marine Traffic, 14:30. She most be staying out near one of the buoys before coming into PEV. My mistake, it was showing the wrong ship. Showing 8:00 for Celebrity Edge

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

 

Did you notice the arrival time on Marine Traffic, 14:30. She most be staying out near one of the buoys before coming into PEV. 

I believe they all do that.  That is probably why the port schedule says they are all coming in from Sea Buoy and in to whichever berth they are assigned.  Because they all have to have a Pilot on board and also get escorted in by either the Coast Guard and/or the Port Police or Water Patrol, they need to not come in directly.  

 

She will be the fifth multi-day cruise ship to come in to PE tomorrow.  They will start arriving at 03:45, which seems earlier than usual for the big cruise ships.  Perhaps that is because of Edge's arrival scheduled for 08:00 and all the celebration that will be going on when she comes in.  That would be my guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

I believe they all do that.  That is probably why the port schedule says they are all coming in from Sea Buoy and in to whichever berth they are assigned.  Because they all have to have a Pilot on board and also get escorted in by either the Coast Guard and/or the Port Police or Water Patrol, they need to not come in directly.  

 

She will be the fifth multi-day cruise ship to come in to PE tomorrow.  They will start arriving at 03:45, which seems earlier than usual for the big cruise ships.  Perhaps that is because of Edge's arrival scheduled for 08:00 and all the celebration that will be going on when she comes in.  That would be my guess.  

 

The setup of her arrival reminds me and I think is similar to Oasis OTS coming into PEV for the first time. You have to wait until all other ships are docked and getting ready for their turnaround, then you make the grand entry to be followed by all the horn blowing and cheers. Very spectacular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T25 Awaiting the arrival of Edge. Pictures Leaving port Everglades tonight 11/18/18 aboard Adventure of the Seas. Hopefully the pictures upload  the internet is super slow and I am getting messages that the upload failed  7E13173B-C951-4332-997E-5066F358887C.thumb.jpeg.b121236b28e7a69194b65a85976db162.jpegon Adveture of the seas. 

F2A1F278-6678-42E2-B863-D2C6BA99A41A.jpeg

968DFEA5-5038-47B1-838D-B464F52EAF5A.jpeg

E4B44A11-2C9A-4AE8-A494-DE10AA5D465E.jpeg

22503983-2348-4036-A850-A4FF830C6832.jpeg

0A350C30-9774-450D-85ED-24136229052D.jpeg

F1727534-1908-4213-B236-8EB081678BAF.jpeg

71D9FAE7-33EB-4599-9200-761504C46211.jpeg

39411BCD-AB03-4C64-B8DF-7C83F6BEECCB.jpeg

A94A08AF-2F8D-448B-8A85-D571C5A60061.jpeg

A425D999-B836-4637-A918-7E2176416AF0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Look at all this traffic in the vicinity of Edge.

 

 

 

 

image.jpeg

All trying to get pictures!!  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pugs93 - Thanks for sharing those great shots of T25. The Terminal looks great. Was that a big screen display at the upper corner of T25 showing the words EDGEand something else on the other photo? 

 

Enjoy your cruise on Adventure OTS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pugs93, I see eleven photos. Thanks so much for posting them😊 

 

Bon voyage!

Edited by Silkroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

All trying to get pictures!!  😉

 

Must be, while also trying to see Mr Edge and the VW Bus :classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Pugs93 - Thanks for sharing those great shots of T25. The Terminal looks great. Was that a big screen display at the upper corner of T25 showing the words EDGEand something else on the other photo? 

 

Enjoy your cruise on Adventure OTS. 

Yes, a the screen is similar to the ones you see in professional sports stadiums. Alternating between static displays and video. It appeared to be the ull height of the building minus the first floor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pugs93 said:

968DFEA5-5038-47B1-838D-B464F52EAF5A.jpeg

 

Nice to see that the Terminal also has a Magic Carpet! [bottom center]  Just needs some orange paint to match. :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pugs93 said:

Yes, a the screen is similar to the ones you see in professional sports stadiums. Alternating between static displays and video. It appeared to be the ull height of the building minus the first floor. 

 

Very cool. They are really stepping it up for Edge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pugs93..enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the  pics..Awesome!

 

.We are using them to gauge if we can walk  to the terminal with luggage and carry ons  from the parking garage or if we will need to drop luggage off and circle back to park,..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Pugs93..enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the  pics..Awesome!

 

.We are using them to gauge if we can walk  to the terminal with luggage and carry ons  from the parking garage or if we will need to drop luggage off and circle back to park,..

I have departed from the previous T25 several times and it is an easy walk from the midpoint garage. I would guess 5 minutes. I am parked there now, but we left from the dreaded T29. The terminal is ok but getting there and parking is not ideal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also should have said my typical routine is to drop off all my passengers, which is typically anywhere between 2 and 10, sometimes more. And then park the car. By the time the bags are with the porters I am meeting them at the entrance to the terminal. Usually quick and efficient. Today I dropped my family off at T29 at 10:30, I parked at midport garage, took the shuttle back, and we were all on the ship by 11:10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pugs93 said:

I have departed from the previous T25 several times and it is an easy walk from the midpoint garage. I would guess 5 minutes. I am parked there now, but we left from the dreaded T29. The terminal is ok but getting there and parking is not ideal. 

Thanks for the updates...appreciate your taking the time to post

Terminal 29 is a killer...looking forward to  the new 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pugs93 said:

Also should have said my typical routine is to drop off all my passengers, which is typically anywhere between 2 and 10, sometimes more. And then park the car. By the time the bags are with the porters I am meeting them at the entrance to the terminal. Usually quick and efficient. Today I dropped my family off at T29 at 10:30, I parked at midport garage, took the shuttle back, and we were all on the ship by 11:10. 

 

Thanks for this info. So is the midport parking the one close to T25? Good that there is a free shuttle too.

 

How is Adventure, we will be on her next year for S. Caribbean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

 

Thanks for this info. So is the midport parking the one close to T25? Good that there is a free shuttle too.

 

How is Adventure, we will be on her next year for S. Caribbean?

My wife and I are celebrity fans. I know it is subjective, but we like Celebrity. We have 4 “boys”.  2 are adults and one will technically be an adult in March, but to us they will always be our boys.  We really enjoy Blu and Luminea, which we experienced for the first time aboard equinox this year. Anyway, that is a long way to say our boys like the lively atmosphere aboard Royal and we like the more laid back atmosphere of Celebrity. We have sailed all Oasis class and sailed Freedom. My wife found a low price for the Adveture of the Seas overt thanksgiving and we decided to do it without much thought. We knew nothing about this ship and when I looked into it, it appeared to be a smaller Freedom of the Seas. We don’t know why, but we both think freedom was our least favorite ship and cruise.  Even today driving to the port we couldn’t pin point anything specific but agreed it was our least favorite.  We boarded the Adventure of the Seas with an open mind and to our surprise we liked what we saw. We are in a balcony cabin and it certainly isn’t like the balconies we are use to. It has metal walls and metal that rises up about 18 inches from the floor so our view is not the same as on other ships.  However it has an intimate homey feeling, compared to Freedom. I have only been in the ship for a few hours and still prefer Celebrity. The crew so far is great. Happy, friendly, welcoming, just like their counterparts on Celebrity. Anyway hope this helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pugs93 said:

My wife and I are celebrity fans. I know it is subjective, but we like Celebrity. We have 4 “boys”.  2 are adults and one will technically be an adult in March, but to us they will always be our boys.  We really enjoy Blu and Luminea, which we experienced for the first time aboard equinox this year. Anyway, that is a long way to say our boys like the lively atmosphere aboard Royal and we like the more laid back atmosphere of Celebrity. We have sailed all Oasis class and sailed Freedom. My wife found a low price for the Adveture of the Seas overt thanksgiving and we decided to do it without much thought. We knew nothing about this ship and when I looked into it, it appeared to be a smaller Freedom of the Seas. We don’t know why, but we both think freedom was our least favorite ship and cruise.  Even today driving to the port we couldn’t pin point anything specific but agreed it was our least favorite.  We boarded the Adventure of the Seas with an open mind and to our surprise we liked what we saw. We are in a balcony cabin and it certainly isn’t like the balconies we are use to. It has metal walls and metal that rises up about 18 inches from the floor so our view is not the same as on other ships.  However it has an intimate homey feeling, compared to Freedom. I have only been in the ship for a few hours and still prefer Celebrity. The crew so far is great. Happy, friendly, welcoming, just like their counterparts on Celebrity. Anyway hope this helps. 

 

 

That's great. We sailed on Adventure before but that was before she was refurbished. I understand she looks great now. We've always sailed RCI and this will be our first Celebrity Cruise and very much looking forward to it on Edge.

 

I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise and a Happy Thanksgiving together. 

 

Happy Cruising and Enjoy. :classic_smile: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there are multiple guest loading ramps, which should help speed up the embarcation process. :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...