Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Just wanted to let you know that if someone asks you to meet them at the Prism Bar, head to the pool. At least, I think that's where it is, by looking at the location on the X app description. Wonder where they got that name?  😉

They will have casual, quick al fresco eats too! Sunday is supposed to be 82 and sunny in FLL. I may just be there! 🍹🍸🥃🥤

image.png.215d7953170745fb261e64f2ebfad549.png

image.png.598ca07fee1c3f22a85955a2434bcef8.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Just wanted to let you know that if someone asks you to meet them at the Prism Bar, head to the pool. At least, I think that's where it is, by looking at the location on the X app description. Wonder where they got that name?  😉

They will have casual, quick al fresco eats too! Sunday is supposed to be 82 and sunny in FLL. I may just be there! 🍹🍸🥃🥤

image.png.215d7953170745fb261e64f2ebfad549.png

image.png.598ca07fee1c3f22a85955a2434bcef8.png

I’m glad you pointed this out. Since it isn’t on the deck plan, I might have missed it. 

My guess is the alfresco eats may be small plates that are pre-plated and brought up to the bar at limited times of day for quick service - think cold tapas items - mezzah plate, olive tapenade, fruit skewers, and the like. They could have a small fridge behind the bar that could easily be stocked with these items for quick grab and serve snacks.

or it could just be encouraging guests to bring food from other venues to enjoy eating alfresco at the bar. 

I should note that they are able to move the cameras around.... so ... if they are awake.... I suspect they will follow the ship into her berth when she arrives. Note at the bottom of the page there is a place to link to Marinetraffic.com they will show you where the ship is located. So if you are early you can zoom out and see where the ship is... there is a search box... just type in Celebrity Edge.. and then locate the live tracking button... 

48 minutes ago, hcat said:

Tapas and small plates sound great.. 

I don,t have my deck plan handy..

Is there still the free burgers and hot dog  grill out near the pool someplace?

It looks like an upgrade from the other X ships. It sounds like there will be more on the menu as well.

"There’s no better place to sample some hearty fare than on the top deck at the Mast Grill. Enjoy ocean views and curb your hunger with a burger, salad, or sandwich in a relaxed, poolside atmosphere. Cheers!"

image.thumb.png.717c768774a7db72510d0dba0891577b.png

image.thumb.png.32a330dc296c54db324bb63dc01d3fec.png

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, kearney said:

27 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

It looks like an upgrade from the other X ships. It sounds like there will be more on the menu as well.

"There’s no better place to sample some hearty fare than on the top deck at the Mast Grill. Enjoy ocean views and curb your hunger with a burger, salad, or sandwich in a relaxed, poolside atmosphere. Cheers!"

Thanks you for this information.

What will be the very best time to start searching this website?

May be for those of us, who do not live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida can enjoy watching The Edge sail into Terminal 25.

Edited by cruise47

1 hour ago, cruise47 said:

Thanks you for this information.

What will be the very best time to start searching this website?

May be for those of us, who do not live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida can enjoy watching The Edge sail into Terminal 25.

I will be at work but will have the webcam open at 7 AM and will keep and eye on it intermittently. 🙂

10 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I will be at work but will have the webcam open at 7 AM and will keep and eye on it intermittently. 🙂

Port info still says 08:00 AM.  That's too early for me to get there from the other coast of FL and find a good spot for viewing.  I am disappointed, but will definitely be online and watching the port cam.  :classic_love:

Looks like the first time I will see her in person will be on December 23rd, when I return from my 4-day on HAL's Nieuw Statendam, her first voyage out of PE.  Unless I can find a bargain for earlier in December.  :classic_huh:

6 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

My guess is the alfresco eats may be small plates that are pre-plated and brought up to the bar at limited times of day for quick service - think cold tapas items - mezzah plate, olive tapenade, fruit skewers, and the like. They could have a small fridge behind the bar that could easily be stocked with these items for quick grab and serve snacks.

or it could just be encouraging guests to bring food from other venues to enjoy eating alfresco at the bar. 

Especially with the Mast Grill around the corner with its kitchen. Remember also that there are cabanas near the pool that will likely offer complimentary snacks with the cabana fee if they are similar to pool cabanas on other cruise lines. I would imagine that the "al fresco eats" are probably the same type of things given free in the cabanas except with a fee.

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks..very nice area..with shade..So Mast Grill  is diff from the Prism bar with Tapas.  Sounds good for pool days .plus the Cafe inside the Solarium.  No one is going hungry!

27 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks..very nice area..with shade..So Mast Grill  is diff from the Prism bar with Tapas.  Sounds good for pool days .plus the Cafe inside the Solarium.  No one is going hungry!

Not sure if Prism Bar will have Tapas - they said casual, quick al fresco eats - it could be nuts and pretzels. 😊

57 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Not sure if Prism Bar will have Tapas - they said casual, quick al fresco eats - it could be nuts and pretzels. 😊

Nuts and pretzels are  technically not eats but I guess  they could be..Hope  it is not those hard hot green nuts...they are hard on the teeth and tummy!

And hope they are indiv servings or jars with indiv pouring spouts..we never serve group grab style anymore . I recall X did have the  nut jars with spouts...