Escape from NYC in 2018?

welovebermuda

I saw on a Facebook page last night that the Escape will be sailing out of NYC from spring - fall of 2018. Can anyone confirm whether this is true and which ship (Breakaway or Gem) it would be replacing? Someone else posted that it's only temporary. Not sure if any of this is true since I can't find anything on NCL, but was wondering if anyone had any information about this! We love the BA and the Gem, but it's always exciting to have a new option from NYC!

Thanks, OP - good find. I would, guess, that the Breakaway will leave NYC - sometime in April 2018 (based on published itinerary/dates, etc.) for its new homeport, wherever :D been based here since 2013 and switch her out with the Escape. Same old milky run but at least new/different shows, performers and even crew/officers with the rotation - been on the BA 3X already so not gung ho on repeating again (booked the GEM for 2017) ... although both of them are the *Away class with very similar basic layout, stateroom design & so forth (aside from "horrible" satellite broadband from users reporting lately, still :rolleyes:)

But, for the "busier" summer/fall sailings, it's possible for NCL to have 2 mega ships based in NYC - just my speculation - and, move the GEM to another port, at least seasonally - maybe, up north to Boston to do Bermuda & keep the Dawn elsewhere after the winter 2017-2018 ??

And, if (assuming) true - the Escape can make a special repo run, one-way with stops in Bermuda (and, other ports) before docking in NY - making it B2B since it's around Easter/Spring break time ... interesting, huh ;)

Possibilities with the "what if's" - for NCL to think outside the box, do a few 6 days and 8 days as that would put Caribbeans within reach, piers/berth space as available ... just burn a little more fuel and price it accordingly.

Edited by mking8288

As noted, the Breakaway is getting a 'break' from NYC with a minor refurb in Europe, then will be back for October.

That's confirmed.

The RUMOR is that the Escape is coming up to cover for a few months, but I have not seen any official word. I've also heard the Getaway will come up and escape will cover Getaway, among others.

If there is a Miami-> NYC repo they will have to cruise empty or stop somewhere to avoid a PVSA violation.

As noted, the Breakaway is getting a 'break' from NYC with a minor refurb in Europe, then will be back for October.

That's confirmed.

The RUMOR is that the Escape is coming up to cover for a few months, but I have not seen any official word. I've also heard the Getaway will come up and escape will cover Getaway, among others.

If there is a Miami-> NYC repo they will have to cruise empty or stop somewhere to avoid a PVSA violation.

More likely to be Escape, as she has a magrodome over the Haven pool area. GA does not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would agree that Escape is more likely, but its still unconfirmed and rumors are rumors. Since the deployment would be April/Oct heading south, the cover is not as critical.

More likely to be Escape, as she has a magrodome over the Haven pool area. GA does not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I saw on a Facebook page last night that the Escape will be sailing out of NYC from spring - fall of 2018. Can anyone confirm whether this is true and which ship (Breakaway or Gem) it would be replacing? Someone else posted that it's only temporary. Not sure if any of this is true since I can't find anything on NCL, but was wondering if anyone had any information about this! We love the BA and the Gem, but it's always exciting to have a new option from NYC!

There was a thread a few months ago that showed from Portland Maine's cruise list from 2018 that the Escape would be in on Thursday's in September/October 2018, but I believe the page was taken down at some point.

Same old milky run but at least new/different shows, performers and even crew/officers with the rotation - been on the BA 3X already so not gung ho on repeating again (booked the GEM for 2017) ...

I agree- I have done Breakaway twice and would like to try a different ship but from this area as well so the Escape would suit me fine (didn't feel like going to FLA personally). However, the 11 day October run for 2018 looks interesting.

A TA on Facebook already got informed by NCL about the 2018/19 deployment, and YES, Escape IS going to sail from NYC starting Apr 2018 year-round.

Her sailings will include three Canada/NE runs for seven nights, but mostly she's doing Bermuda during the summer months, and some longer Caribbean sailings in winter period.

I have a spreadsheet for every ship's deployment (except Bliss, Jewel, Joy) for the 2018/19 season, but don't know whether I may upload it.

To sum up, Escape is sailing NYC year-round from April, Getaway stays at Miami year-round, Breakaway moves to Copenhagen during the summer months and coming back to NYC in Oct 2018. Oct 2018, Gem is moving to New Orleans.

A TA on Facebook already got informed by NCL about the 2018/19 deployment, and YES, Escape IS going to sail from NYC starting Apr 2018 year-round.

Her sailings will include three Canada/NE runs for seven nights, but mostly she's doing Bermuda during the summer months, and some longer Caribbean sailings in winter period.

I have a spreadsheet for every ship's deployment (except Bliss, Jewel, Joy) for the 2018/19 season, but don't know whether I may upload it.

To sum up, Escape is sailing NYC year-round from April, Getaway stays at Miami year-round, Breakaway moves to Copenhagen during the summer months and coming back to NYC in Oct 2018. Oct 2018, Gem is moving to New Orleans.

Which ship(s) are sailing the Southern Caribbean in May 2018 if you don't mind me asking???

Which ship(s) are sailing the Southern Caribbean in May 2018 if you don't mind me asking???

None as far as I remember.

Southern Caribbean is offered by Dawn from Nov 18 out of San Juan, further NCL Jade offers some Southern Caribbean until April and from Nov 18, as well as Breakaway and Escape from NYC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh well.....time to plan something else.

I had planned to make my 2018 MSC Seaside a b2b with Escape but I guess it'll have to be Seaside/Getaway. There's nothing wrong with Getaway but Escape is/was my favorite NCL ship (Breakaway Plus #4 to Miami, pleeeeease?). I really wanted a "newest Yacht Club vs. newest Haven" comparison.

I could also look to Ft. Lauderdale (Oasis class) for a b2b unless the Port of Miami expansion includes provisions for RCCL to bring an Oasis class to POM. I think that I read that somewhere.

.....gotta go plan for 2018....:(

Cruisers on the Princess board post this kind of stuff all the time. Usually they've gotten it from their TA ahead of the official release by Princess.