Things to Take for added convenience?

kenoqueen

We're going on a cruise at the end of the month and I can't find my list of little things to pack for added convenience such as post its, rain ponchos, and small supply over the counter medicines. Can you anyone share their "must haves" for a 7 day cruise? I appreciate it in advance. :)

Here's one list we use. Adapt as needed. Try to pack as light as possible. Still, we all need our goodies! Be sure to bring batteries and chargers for all electronics such as camera, iPhone, laptop, iPad, Nook, Kindle or whatever you use. We brought several small magnets to post schedules and such on the walls on Princess since they are metal but not sure for other lines. Bring baggies to stash donuts etc. for the day as needed.

Going Ashore list

(What you take depends on what you are doing, of course...)

Swimsuits

Towels (don't pack, get from ship)

Swim cover-up

Swim goggles

Snorkel & mask

Aqua socks

Sandals

Sun screen

Water bottles (don't pay the outrageous prices for bottled water, carry empty water bottles which are light and can hold small breakables too; you can fill in room or dining room; you can even fill one with lemonade or ice tea if you want)

Sports watch

Meds needed for the day

Eye drops (always get stuff in my eyes!)

Sunglasses

Croakies for glasses (if swimming or boating)

Hats

Camera

Binoculars (if worth carrying, small pair)

Jackets

Rain jackets/pants

**Shore excursion tickets

**Ship ID cards

**Government ID (if needed)

**Passport (if needed)

Cash/credit card/wallet/purse

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by J&Jtravelcouple

Magnet clips - hang documents, light-weight items, etc on cabin walls/doors.

https://www.amazon.com/Refrigerator-Decoration-Organizing-Super-Outlet/dp/B01B3RQWZU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1481760628&sr=8-5

USB charging station - can power and charge all your devices with varying power levels - iPads, iPhones, Androids, Kindle. No surge suppressor, safe to use on ships.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJ79UK6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Collapsing laundry basket - fits anywhere, I love this thing.

https://www.amazon.com/Household-Essentials-Pop-Up-Collapsible-Laundry/dp/B0007CXQQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481760870&sr=8-1

Waterproof badge holder / case things - stuff ID, ship card, couple of bucks, whatever - tether to belt loop, never lose.

https://www.amazon.com/Witz-Safe-Waterproof-Case-Green/dp/B001P63X66/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481761025&sr=8-2&

Envelopes - organize paperwork, shorex tickets, whatever by day. Stuff everything for 1 day in 1 envelope, label, hang on wall (with clips from above).

Bring a good pen for filling out forms, Ziplock bags large and small, I bring a travel mug for coffee it keeps it hot and is much bigger than the wimpy cups.

I would bring a leatherman for sure but it depends on the ship and how picky they are. Screwdrivers and pliers come in plenty handy for all sorts of things a jammed zipper with a small pull. Or just trying to tighten something up that is loose.

I always take some gray tape wrapped around a pencil. It's strong so it can be used to hold something up. It's also great to wrap around the flimsy laundry bag they give you. We cruise for 2 weeks and do laundry when they have a special. I stuff dirty clothes in the bag and then it rips. So I use gray tape to hold the bag together. Also good in case suitcase breaks. Also good if husband starts to wander off and you need him. Just tape his arm to yours :)

We each bring a travel compression bag (the kind you roll up to squeeze out the air). Since we only do week long cruises, we don't do laundry and we use the bags for the clothes we've worn. At the end of the week, squeeze out the air and we have more space in our luggage for souvenirs!

Never needed ANY of the above mentioned stuff. What's important to YOU, might not be to another. Bring what YOU need....do NOT rely on these lists!

I concur! I have never brought any of this stuff outside of Ibuprofen, bandaids, and cell phone/charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I concur! I have never brought any of this stuff outside of Ibuprofen, bandaids, and cell phone/charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of these lists are amazing. You would think people are going onto a deserted island for a year with all the junk they take.

Never needed ANY of the above mentioned stuff. What's important to YOU, might not be to another. Bring what YOU need....do NOT rely on these lists!

I'm appreciative of all of their information. Quite a few of these items were actually on my lists. (wherever it is)

I always bring cold remedies ...i find ships are great for coming back with the dreaded ship cough and cold ....it has always come in handy .

I bring a rope with clothesepins which I attach on the balcony .....for bathing suits etc

Laundry soap for hand washing

Empty water bottle.../ flipflops to become slippers

My travel bag is always ready to go ...one with toiletries ..enough for 2-3 weeks depending on cruise and meds bag with otc stuff ...yes its not that light but when I got sick I had most everything I needed ..vicks, cough drops, echinacea, vitamin C ..and I nipped my cold rather quickly ....flying home with acold is a very painful thing ..my poor ears

Bon Voyage ..hope this helps

I always carry an "oh darn" kit, with otc. stuff. It doesn't take much room at all, and can make all the difference!

a few things that haven't already been mentioned:

a pack of blister-specific bandages--they stay on better than regular bandaids and cushion like a champ.

a tiny sewing kit--black thread, a couple of buttons, and a needle

swallow-able pepto bismol

I put all my information in my computer under my trip file in case I need it while gone.

I put a printed page of where I will be going in my luggage on the top of where I am going, ship and Itinerary....Tags ripped off and I use 3 tags on my bags.

I print one to come home and place it also IN my luggage....Tags can be ripped off.

I scan my passport and reduce the size to credit card size then laminate it so I can slip it into my lanyard for ID or if needed and leave my original in the safe in my cabin.

These huge ships are made from different materials with the lower decks made of steel and the upper decks made of aluminum.

I take my own hand sanitizer and also pick up a can of Lysol then spray down everything in the cabin starting with every door handle, closet door, fridge,

drape pole, toilet handle and the TV remote. You get the message.

I only use plastic glasses in the cabin unless I wash them personally.

Edited by seashells